Lamiglas Drop Shot Rod

Doug Hodel

Lamiglas Drop Shot Rod

Post by Doug Hodel »

I slammed my drop shot rod in my rod locker the last trip fishing, just the tip broke off.

I was wondering if I could just replace the top eye.

Do you think that it will effect the performance greatly?
cib11b

Re: Lamiglas Drop Shot Rod

Post by cib11b »

It really depends on how much broke off.. Seeing how most of the sensitivity you need is in the tip I would say yes it would make a difference. My step dad broke the tip on his loomis in a tourney but we still cought lot's of fish to finish 5th so you could still catch fish but I think the tip just would not be as good.
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
Wipn_bass24_7

Post by Wipn_bass24_7 »

i had my lamiglas rod i used for drop shotting have its tip broke off. But yes, it screws everything up lol. Even if you broke a little bit off, which i did, the tip is stiff now, which is a neg. thing to a drop shot rod.
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Lamiglas will replace the rod for the cost of postage. Contact the CS, get a return # and a new rod.
Tom
Doug Hodel

Post by Doug Hodel »

Even if I was the one at fault?
Burke

Post by Burke »

Yes.

Here's part of their warranty "... If the problem is due to an unfortunate accident, misuse, alteration or normal wear and tear, we will advise you of the cost of the repair or replacement and await your approval prior to proceeding. ..."

If you are not in a rush, take the rod to the place you bought it and see if they'll send it back to Lamiglas for you and wait for a call from them. It will save you about $50 in shipping.