Am I screwed by Daiwa's warranty.

Wipn_bass24_7

Am I screwed by Daiwa's warranty.

Post by Wipn_bass24_7 »

Basically, I bought a zillion flipping rod NEW with tags from a private seller, so no reciept. First fish I catch (at most 4lbs) SNAPS a foot of the rod, lost the fish, jig, AND the TIP (1 foot of it)!!!

I'm sending this rod to Daiwa either way, but what are the chances of me recieving a replacement rod? I don't feel responsible for the broken rod even though I have no reciept. I believe there was a defect in the blank that made it break as my defense. What you you guys think?
BFerris

Re: Am I screwed by Daiwa's warranty.

Post by BFerris »

I did the same with a LT flippin stick and a friend broke it...took it to the warehouse and they sent it in and got me a new one. I think it was $15 bucks or so...didn't have any issues with their warranty!
https://www.facebook.com/TKOTungsten/
www.TKOTungsten.com
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

I've used their warranty for broken rods twice. Never had a problem.
Caveman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image Image
Greg W.

Post by Greg W. »

I have walked in two broken rods to Daiwa in Cerritos, CA and walked out with exact replacements for a signiture.
joshuaryan

Post by joshuaryan »

Same here. No receipt, no problem.
george

Post by george »

I got one of the beggest jerk off sessions from Diawa on a cranking rod I sent to them about three months ago.
I did not have a receipt due to me having won the rod at a tournament, but to say the least that should not make a difference.
I have three other diawa rods along with four bait caster reels that I paid full price for and I will never buy another Diawa product just due to the way I was treated.
The manager was about as rude as you can get and she basically told me I could pay almost a full price fee for replacement; this rod retails for about one forty and they wanted me to pay almost ninety dollars and thats is more about twenty five bucks more then their wholesale price.
So, by being greedy and rude they lost a good customer and I told them at that time that I would let every bass fisherman I know( and anyone who knows me will say thats a ton of people)... I would not buy Diawa products at all!
Best of luck to you! I hope they take care of you just to spite me!!!

George Azevedo
The Bass Class Seminars!
rickd

Post by rickd »

I NEVER had an issue replacing a Daiwa rod and I have broken 3 or 4 now. You just send it back down to SoCal with a little note and you get another rod in the mail a few days later? Unless it looks like your dog chewed it up you shouldn’t have any issues.

I will continue to buy Daiwa products because of their service.