Have you ever

Doug Hodel

Have you ever

Post by Doug Hodel »

made a decision that you regretted afterwards.

Yesterday I was in line to weigh in at the FPT and heard all the weights being called and knew that I wasn't in a position to place well, but would have done well to get the points. For whatever reason, lack of paitence maybe, I decided to just go.

Well lets just say I am kicking myself today.
492slayer

Re: Have you ever

Post by 492slayer »

Grasshopper... try and snatch the pebble from my hand. We all do things that we regret. But one thing that is almost always accurate is that your first instinct is usually your best reaction. Sure you could have weighed those fish, but in the big picture called life, does it really matter today? Second guessing is also hard on people. "What if's" will always haunt you if you dwell on them. Chit happens, just go with the flow. Next time, get a big bag and a kicker , and you'll forget about this incident. :)
'97 492VS
335HP EFI by Simon Motorsports
Marty

Post by Marty »

I’m of the other view – move on but don’t forget - you may do it again! We as the bass we fish for learn from past experiences. I remember fishing a big tournament as a Co-Angler and I only caught two fish and wanted to dump them. The Pro who did worst (one little keeper) said if you do it now it will be easier when you have a sponsor. We when up with three fish!
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I always heard you weigh your fish (unless they're gonna die cause the line won't move :evil: ), no matter what.

I've kinda grown accustomed to the taste of humble pie.

Can't change the past, and as 492 said, ain't really a big deal in the big picture.
I had to come back...I know...