My Oroville story-Long

Ricky-S

My Oroville story-Long

Post by Ricky-S »

I only got to practice on Sunday before the tournament and found fish in Bidwell marina and in the north fork which meant that I would be fishing in two ends of the lake. I Left my boat at the host hotel and caught a flight home to work Monday-Wednesday. I had to go home to go to class Wednesday night because I can only miss two classes or I get an “Fâ€
Johnny C

Re: My Oroville story-Long

Post by Johnny C »

Very nice story Ricky..In "my opinion" I could not agree with you more. Fishing is supossed to be fun. All very well said Ricky, thanks.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
Barry Watson

Post by Barry Watson »

Rick, I read your post with great interest. Your first issue, working, going to school, trying to fish tournaments is to be admired. I can not imagine how tough it must be for you to keep all those balls in the air at the same time.

Problems on the tour are, IMO, just part of the package. Back in the day when I was running my own business, we would factor in a percentage for losses that would come, no matter what. They just became a part of doing business whether we liked it or not.
Bad sports as well as bad breaks are part of the game. Since I do not have the personality to "Suffer fools lightly," my fishing is limited to mid week, usually in lakes that do not allow boarding and my partner and I judge the success of our trip not on how many fish we catch, but how many bass boats we DON'T see.

It seems to me, you have what it takes to maintain the right attitude that should allow you to continue to be successful fishing in competition.

Just keep on keepin on bro. You are doing it right as far as I am concerned.
Oldlures
Ricky-S

Re: Great Job Ricky!!

Post by Ricky-S »

Mike,
Glad to hear you are OK. I am sorry that I could not help but I was in the airport when I got the call. Scared the living you know what out of me.

Get well soon buddy and count your blessings!
Steve Reed

Post by Steve Reed »

Awesome Ricky, congrats on back to back high finishes... school is tough for fishing, but a greats means to it eventually
Monsterfishingtackle.com
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

Hey Steve,
I want to be just like you when I grow up. Or should I say I was you before I grew up. Keep up the good work you are on your way.

You are welcome in my boat anytime.

We have got to hook up and share some Davis stories. All those days in Davis have paid off for me. I would not change it for anything in the world.

You fishing the Delta? I've got an open back seat for. Be careful, I would want to back seat you:)
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

Mike, Jason Bubier here, I am elated that you are doing better. You scarred the **** out of me and the hospital would not tell me anything. I look forward to seeing you again (this time on better terms I hope). Take care and get well.
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
philip garcia

Post by philip garcia »

hey mike it was good to see you walking and talking at the meeting. That was really scary at the launch ramp that day. I'm glad the guy that fished with me that day (scott sweet) knew you personally it made things alot easier. Hope to see you at the delta. That experience reminded me that the smallest mistake could cost you your life and it could happen to anyone.
Long Nguyen

Post by Long Nguyen »

Mike M wrote:Thanks again to everyone that help save me! You guys are awesome. I however will not be able to make the delta event since the doctor wants me to take it easy for the next few weeks. I will be back out next season!

Mike
Mike, shoot me a PM. What happened to you?
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Mike, glad to hear to got home ok. Someone was watching over you and glad we were there to put you back together.

Scott
Mike

Post by Mike »

What happend?
OG on WB since 1993
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Great write up and filled with good details there Ricky..I was hoping you would make it a little farther up the ladder, but outstanding job anyway..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
CORYMDISPENSIERO

Post by CORYMDISPENSIERO »

Ricky fish in my boat for a day and I will show you stress. Staying focused is hard enough when you know something is about to go down. Trip while bouncing a gaint spot at shasta on your first cast ever on the lake (In a FLW event), having a battery blow up in what seemed like area 51 at 12am while tring to make it to the Columbia already excepting i was showing up with no practice, and a whole book of good ones we've seen go down with me are always in the back of my head. If only those evnts were the medicine of everyday stress. Either way you handle it and still out there so good job. I won back to back the last two weeks (pyrmid and Pine Flat)so I'll see you at the Delta .
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Great read Ricky. I can't recall a post where you didn't try and keep it positive no matter what the circumstance.

I sometimes wonder how some guys are more successful than others. I believe you answered most of it. Hard work and determination. If I had half the drive you seem to have you all would be trouble :lol: !

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Last edited by MIKE TREMONT on Wed May 20, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had to come back...I know...
afdean

Post by afdean »

I'm right there with you Ricky-S. I am active duty Air Force, going to school full-time (online), and fishing the Stren series as a co-angler. The school definitely weighs me down this season, but by next spring I should be through and free to fish more. Oroville was my first check in what has been a tough season. Anyway, good luck with school and fishing... hope we both get checks at the delta! :D