st. Croix Mojo Bass Rod

anyfisher

st. Croix Mojo Bass Rod

Post by anyfisher »

anyone have and use a st. Croix mojo bass rod? if so how do you like it and what size?
ash
SpeedBump

Re: st. Croix Mojo Bass Rod

Post by ash »

A guy in our club has a few of these sticks and likes them alot. They are not as sensitive as the higher end sticks but comparing to the crucials etc in this price range he says its a great stick. Hopefully he will comment here....
anyfisher

Post by anyfisher »

ya thanks
im looking either to get the 7 foot or 7'6 rod heavy
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

I just picked up a 7' Medium fast up at Bob's Limit Out in Clear Lake a couple of months ago. For the price, it is an awesome rod. I thought I would try it out and then give it to my son, but now he is going to have to wait until Christmas! :lol:

Additionally, Bob gave me a lifetime warranty. I caught a 5 at the Delta last week on the rod with no issues. I believe this series would be an excellent choice from the entry level on up.
Sponsors:
M & M Marine, Lincoln, CA
[img]http://www.evolutionmarine.net/images/mercury.logo.gif[/img]
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
anyfisher

Post by anyfisher »

i shoud be picking one up soon
thanks for the advice
skeeter195

Post by skeeter195 »

I have a few of them and love them. I just got the drop shot rod for fathers day a can't wait to try it.
bassnfool

Post by bassnfool »

I have 5 of them and like them alot. I plan to get a few more. The price is right and they are better than the Shimanos or Berkely rods in the same price range
crankster123

Post by crankster123 »

Just wondering, although these rods are bait specific, can you use them for lures other than the lures they are made for?
Life is good today
-Zac Brown Band
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

crankster123 wrote:Just wondering, although these rods are bait specific, can you use them for lures other than the lures they are made for?
For any "bait specific" rod, I have found that using it for similar applications will catch fish. I have a glass rod that was designed for small crankbaits. I used it as a Carolina rig and have had no issues. On the other hand, I wouldn't recommend using a glass rod for flippin' or pitchin', or vice versa, because the application gap is too wide, not to mention that you won't get the proper hookset!
Sponsors:
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Are these made with the Avid Blanks or Legend Blanks or something all new?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
senkoskipper

Post by senkoskipper »

Anyfisher,

You really can't go wrong with any st croix rod. Make sure you get one that has a life time warranty on it though. That way if the rod breaks or something, you just have to pay shipping to get a new rod.
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

SC II Graphite.

Check out this link and scroll down to "Mojo Whaaat"?

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewicast08rodsstcroix.html
Sponsors:
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
Topwater All Day

Post by Topwater All Day »

The new Mojo rods from St Croix are pretty sweet! They are great quality with nice features and at around $90-$100 are a great value...which is the reason they are sold out almost everywhere right now!

They are built on the SCII graphite, which are similar to the Premier line. Not as high strain graphite as the Avid's, but still very sensitive, light and durable. Also, even though they are technique specific, they are very versitle rods. I have the 7' frog rod, and it's great for wake baits and other large topwater. I'm sure it would double as a big jig rod just fine as well!

Go check them out if you can find one in stock...you won't be disapointed!!! 8)

Rob
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

I was handling these rods yesterday at basspro. I was really impressed for the price point. They really are better than the shimanos at that price. Beautiful rod! But they are a 5 year warrranty rod and you have to send it with $20 when you ship it to St Croix.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Wild sports in Orangevale has a few. I dont like the way they feel. Kinda heavy and off balance. I have allot of other ST. Coix fly rods and salmon steelhead stuff I think is great, just not big on there mojo series.
LL