Would you pay?? **UPDATED**NEW QUESTION**

Jason C.

Would you pay?? **UPDATED**NEW QUESTION**

Post by Jason C. »

Here is what Im thinking. Because the Alge Bloom is so bad at Clear Lake. I want to know if you would pay someone to pressure wash your boat. I was thinking I would set up some where and charge 15$ per boat.

Option 1- Pressure Wash only = $15
Option 2- Pressure Wash and spray on wax = $25

Anyways, what do you guys think? Would you choose any of those options?

**update** from coments on this site and another I have taken off the full cleaning services and will just be offering the wash, or wash n wax only.
Last edited by Jason C. on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Gator

Re: Would you pay??

Post by Gator »

I think your prices are fair - but I think you are looking over your head to travel to CL and expect guys to wait while you do a full cleaning of a boat or boat/truck.....I would look at just doing a pressure wash and/or wax - then give em your card and say if yu want a full cleaning, let me know......
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Gator wrote:I think your prices are fair - but I think you are looking over your head to travel to CL and expect guys to wait while you do a full cleaning of a boat or boat/truck.....I would look at just doing a pressure wash and/or wax - then give em your card and say if yu want a full cleaning, let me know......
+1
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Phil

Post by Phil »

Gator wrote:I think your prices are fair - but I think you are looking over your head to travel to CL and expect guys to wait while you do a full cleaning of a boat or boat/truck.....I would look at just doing a pressure wash and/or wax - then give em your card and say if yu want a full cleaning, let me know......
AGREE
+2
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Phil wrote:
AGREE
+2
I agree with Gator, perhaps just a pressure wash a spray on wax and wipe like ICE or Turtle wax and go give out business cards for full detailing. That way you can bust through more boats one being pressure washed and a guy doing the wax and wipe.

Jason I admire your eye for business and wish you the best, with all of the TOC's coming up and the events on Clear Lake I would think you will do good - I dont know about new motor good, but good :lol:
gsc686s

Post by gsc686s »

Did you look into the local regs on the wash / waste water?? Some counties require water that is used for commercial washing be recycled and collected, in other words you could be spraying boats and trucks down for $150 a pop and get hit with a fine that would eat up all your profits and then some!

Just some food for thought, look into the regs maybe they do not apply??
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

Jason,

Be careful in San Francisco... To many cheifs and very little indians around here. You can not wash down your car in this city!

Steven
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

Yea Gator,
I know what you mean. I like that idea more. If I get some more interest Ill be calling up some people to find out all the regulations for it to see if I can even really do it. I figure I would need to do atleast 5 boats to break even with just traveling.
Tight Lines, Jason C.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Technically you would also need a business license, and its about $150 for 3 years.
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

I updated my post, I took out the full cleaning services.
Tight Lines, Jason C.
Barry Watson

Post by Barry Watson »

Watch the regulations. My contracting business ran into those issues because we would pressure wash service stations prior to painting them. Rules would vary up and down the west coast. Reclaim water, no run off, blah blah blah. Nevada and Arizona were pretty lax, but they did not have any water to start with. Go figure.

I do not want to discourage you, just be careful. We always figured out how to work around problems and so can you.
Oldlures
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

What I figured I would do if I got the interest is call up the county first to see if I could do it. If they gave me the big OK then I would call up the place that I want to do it at, and if they gave me the OK then I would start the advertising for it.
Tight Lines, Jason C.
YZKEN250

Post by YZKEN250 »

Dont forget liability insurance. I would hate to see you peal someones paint off and then they sue you for it. This is California remember. :(
Guyle

Post by Guyle »

Jason C. wrote:What I figured I would do if I got the interest is call up the county first to see if I could do it. If they gave me the big OK then I would call up the place that I want to do it at, and if they gave me the OK then I would start the advertising for it.
It may be easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Just do it.
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

This isnt just an exterior spray down. This will be an inner carpet pressure washing too. This way all the gunk that accumulated on the deck of the boat through out the day will be gone as well.

Also,
If I do it, I am a little worried about oxidized boats, or removing some paint, or lifting up some carpet. So what I probably will do is type something out for a little waver, saying I will NOT be held responisble for any damage to the boat or carpet. Or something like that. And have anyone and everyone sign it. Ill keep it short and sweet, but make sure I dont get sued for this in the process, not saying any of you will do it, but it only takes one guy. I will have the settings down pretty low to try to not do any damage. But it will still be high enough to get the job done well. This is just an FYI
Tight Lines, Jason C.
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

So here is the new question. Where would you guys say I should do this at? I was thinking Clearlake Bait and Tackle, with the owners permission of course. But I dont know the lake very well so there just might be some better spots for this. Where does everyone launch the most on this lake?
Tight Lines, Jason C.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Guyle wrote:
Jason C. wrote:What I figured I would do if I got the interest is call up the county first to see if I could do it. If they gave me the big OK then I would call up the place that I want to do it at, and if they gave me the OK then I would start the advertising for it.
It may be easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Just do it.
+1 No joke. Just do it.
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]