MARDI GRAS BEADS

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
Alex M.

MARDI GRAS BEADS

Post by Alex M. »

Ever wonder where the heck they come from? You gotta watch this, the guy that runs the factory is such a slimeball: http://current.com/items/77367671_beads ... siness.htm
"In times of rapid change experience can be your biggest handicap"
Greg_Cornish

Re: MARDI GRAS BEADS

Post by Greg_Cornish »

The UAW is looking for something to do.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Bobby Burgess

Post by Bobby Burgess »

That is what is happening when we send US jobs overseas. We Corporate America should be ashamed of ourselves for allowing this type of treatment and pay throughout Asia. We lose jobs, they gain them but they also gain the low pay, long hours, and mis-treatment by slimebags like this guy. We all pay in the end! We all pay in the end!!
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

Bobby Burgess wrote: We all pay in the end! We all pay in the end!!
Ain't that the truth......
Andi

Post by Andi »

That's exactly how China produces fishing lures as well. It's disgusting.
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

Andi wrote:That's exactly how China produces fishing lures as well. It's disgusting.
Hats off to you Andi(and Talon Lures) as well as all the companies who are still "gettin' 'er done" right here in America, in lieu of this tough economic predicament we're in. I can only imagine how most of the low budget consumer-grade tackle is produced overseas and by probably made by kids........
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

The very nature of factory mass production is dehumanizing. My first job out of HS was in a spray bottle factory. My job was loading a spring into a chute for the trigger, this is all I did one spring per 2 secs for hours. I did this for one day. this was in socal. If you survey the upper management or ownership of most any business, you will not meet the nicest of guys, in fact the majority of them will be slimeballs when it comes to business. It is difficult to maximize profit while being nice.. the best you can do is appear nice.. That dude was just being honest (even though it is wrong),, This piece, while interesting, is left wing propaganda. It is funny how these types of people care so much for the well being of those in other countries without lifting a finger about those in need here in the US. If they did the piece somewhere in us, you would still find bad conditions and management pc enough not to say what they really mean.. I don't like that basstid in the clip but I also don't like hypocrisy. Not really a political person but sometimes these Michael Mooresque clips make me think something opposite to what I'm supposed to. There is inequity in all business situations. business is business
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I ran a punch press for a generator building plant once. I lasted 4 hours, went home for lunch and never came back and never even asked for a check.

That particular wife rode me pretty hard about that ;-)
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Wild Bill

Makes me MAD !

Post by Wild Bill »

That's it.
I am now really mad.
I feel cheap and used.

I am not showing my TiTis to ANYONE anymore for a string of cheaply made beads from China.

Hell, maybe Ill just stop using a Carolina Rig where I use these beads.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I want either an injected Lunker Punker or a Talon Jig before anyone sees them....
Har, har, har !!!
Share fishing with someone