Tournament circuit for father/son

Turkeyman

Tournament circuit for father/son

Post by Turkeyman »

I'm looking for a good ciruit to fish with my 13 year old son. And as dad will be the sponsor for boat, gas, tackle etc. it will need to be a lower entry fee and a place to have fun and learn.
YZKEN250

Re: Tournament circuit for father/son

Post by YZKEN250 »

The Hook tournament is a great one.
Levy

Post by Levy »

Not sure where you are located but Tracy Bass sounds perfect for you. Check them out @ http://tracyoasismarina.com/id3.html

They offer a once a month Saturday or Sunday amateur series and pay back 100%!!!!

Terry runs a great circuit and the folks who fish Tracy Bass are good folks as well.

Jon Levenson
Dan Pollard

Post by Dan Pollard »

you will want to look at www.futureprotour.net . This is set up to help teach youth, Vince Harris has a special category for youth, in addition to the regular tournament, where youth can get reconition and trophys and no extra money. All for only 80.00. Pro come and speak the night before the tournament, lots of Father son teams fish it. Check it out
Austen

Post by Austen »

YZKEN250 wrote:The Hook tournament is a great one.
+1
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

www.futureprotour.net Very well ran!!!! GREAT FOR THE KIDS TOO!!
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
cbwiii

Post by cbwiii »

My son (11) and I fish the 100% Bass WRL. My son loves it as Randy always recognizes him and sends him home with "a little something" a spinnerbait, swim baits and Eye Surrender sun glasses at the TOC.
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

cbwiii wrote:My son (11) and I fish the 100% Bass WRL. My son loves it as Randy always recognizes him and sends him home with "a little something" a spinnerbait, swim baits and Eye Surrender sun glasses at the TOC.
That is what it is all about. My sons remember more of the raffle giveaways (or nots) than they do tournament finishes of their youth careers. My youngest still has plastics that he got 8 years ago and gets pissed if I try to snatch em. :lol:
Fred Fullerton

Post by Fred Fullerton »

Future-pro for sure wrl has gone to angers choice and I understand that it simi pro now not a place for the starters
Fred Fullerton

Post by Fred Fullerton »

Future-pro for sure wrl has gone to angers choice and I understand that it simi pro now not a place for the starters
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

If your looking to fish mostly or all the delta, check out the hook series. They are the cheapest events you can get into hands down.
If you and your son want to fish other bodies of water as well, then this would not be the one for you.
The Future Pro Tour hits other bodies of water and the entry is not too bad, they do cater to the youth very well, but they do have some good sticks in the event, higher level of ams and they draw a ton of boats almost every event. The new A/C WRL is about the same in entry with less boats, but since the new combination, there should be be another 15 boats on average per event making it around 70 boats maybe...some good am sticks as well.

Good luck and hopefully you find something that you can fish and enjoy, we need to keep bringing youth into the sport...
Jim Moulton

Post by Jim Moulton »

For father and son combinations just starting to fish tournaments togther I would recomend either the Future Pro Tour or the Western Rookie league. Both tournament directors do a great job recognizing the youth in thier events. If you don't have a successful day the awards and raffles keep them intrested.

Jim Moulton
www.teamccmarine.com
C & C Marine
Modesto Ca
209-526-4120
Ranger Boats
Jeff Antenucci

Post by Jeff Antenucci »

I'd go with the Anglers Choice - which is also now WRL. I fish them and am 13 myself and everyone is great.
Jerry Fournier

Post by Jerry Fournier »

Check out Christian Bass Anglers Fellowship www.thecbaf.com great people to have around your son. Great tournaments and very affordable. I think you will like it.

As a matter of fact CBAF is putting on a tournament Nov. 7th on the Delta
This tournament is a toy drive for the troops kids. Again check out www.thecbaf.com

Hope to see you there.

Jerry
Father of a 14 year old.
Rattletrapp

Post by Rattletrapp »

I currently fish the Future Pro Tour with my 13 year old son. We are having a blast. Vince puts on a great show. There is quite a few really good fisherman out there so we are not winning anything but we are learning and paying our dues.
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

go with a/c -wrl with randy pringle. great circuit and randy makes it a point to recognize the young anglers
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"