Westernbass.com Top-40 Western Bass Anglers - Results

Gator

Westernbass.com Top-40 Western Bass Anglers - Results

Post by Gator »

Now remember, this is by no means scientific and it all for fun. We had 30 people submit votes and here are the results.

1 - Gary Dobyns
2 - Skeet Reese
3 - Dee Thomas
4 - Greg Guiterrez
5 - Andy Cuccia
6 - Bobby Barrack
7 - Mike Long
8 - Aaron Martens
9 - Art Berry
10 - Dave Rush
11 - Jimmy Reese
12 - Sieg Taylor
13 - Kent Brown
14 - Robert Lee
15 - John Murray
16 - Bill Siementel
17 - Steve Sapp
18 - Mike Folkstead
19 - Mike Tuck
20 - Dick Trask
21 - John Kerr
22 - Ron Cervenka
23 - Wayne Brezeale
24 - Don Iovino
25 - Joe Uribe Jr.
26 - Randy Pringle
27 - Rob Belloni
28 - Vern Price
29 - Dave Nollar
30 - Don Payne
31 - Gary Bradford
32 - John Barron
33 - John Morrow
34 - Dave Palmer
35 - Jay Poore
35 - Mich Southern
37 - Nicolo Raffo
38 - Pete Marino
39 - Terry Flowers
40 - Tom Leogrande

Thanks to all who participated.
sTony

Re: Westernbass.com Top-40 Western Bass Anglers - Results

Post by sTony »

Wow, that is one of the strangest lists I've ever seen. Even the dearly departed are included. I'll stick with WON's List, hahaha.

sTony
Colebass

WOW!

Post by Colebass »

Ok, first let me say this is an interesting list.

I sent in my votes and they were as follows:

Gary Dobyns
John Murray
Jimmy Reese
Skeet Reese
Robert Lee

Now if I knew I could Aaron Martens on the list, he would be my number two. But he lives in Alabama. It's interesting with that said that Dave Gleibe did not make the list, he has won more boats and cars than anybody. If we were doing a TOP 40 of all time, then I would have added Dee, without question. But to be number 3 currently........sorry, NO! I think Bobby Barrack is a great fishermen......on the Delta, yes I know he can fish elsewhere, but he doesn't really. Mike Folkstead and John Murray should be way higher on the list, those to guys catch fish everywhere! Beside Dobyns and Gleibe, who has won more money than Murray or Folkstead? Enough said there.

I'm sure this will stir some debate and a good thread. we need it, the board's been quite this week! HAR!HAR!
Dave Cole
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

my list would have been Dobyn's X 40! Good points about Gleibe though. RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
BassTraveler

Re: WOW!

Post by BassTraveler »

As I've always said..."I'm a Legend in my own mind."
That ends the debate with myself. Har!
I'm Kinda bummed...in this poll I got bumped to number twelve. That leaves kb at number 13 and keeps him as the 13th Top Pro of all times on Folsum.
How does kb do it? :wink:
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com

The top 39 all look good... BUT WHAT THE HELL

Post by Guest »

AM I DOING ON THIS LIST!
I AM HORRIBLE.... I might make a top 400 if it were scientific!

Thanks for whoever voted for me... but, get yourself checked out, I can name 200 angler's who deserve to be on it above me!!

Tom
BassTraveler

Re: The top 39 all look good... BUT WHAT THE HELL

Post by BassTraveler »

Tom,
I am a Big Believer...Heck you moved to Lakeport.
Just be careful...there have been reports of you stocking beautiful women at K-Mart. Har!

Ps...call me 559-696-3020
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com
Colebass

BassTraveler is CRAZY or

Post by Colebass »

your not at the Kmart in Lakeport! I haven't seen one woman that had all her teeth in there! HAR!HAR!
Dave Cole
Colebass

Who are you? HAR!HAR!

Post by Colebass »

When I saw you and Seig and the list, I started looking for my name! And KB above Robert Lee? KB, who did you pay for that?

That is what I love about list, just make one and put it out. Some will agree and some won't, but it get's folks to read, post and sart conversation, that can't be bad.

Thanks Gator for doing the totals, it's fun to see how are list compares to Krammers.
Dave Cole
Gator

Re: Who are you? HAR!HAR!

Post by Gator »

Like I said - nothing scientific to it - this was based on a point system 1st through 5th - and this is how it fleshed out.

I could do the list 100 times in the next year and it would be different each time. I think other than the top few, it would be dramatically different if we had more participating.

Anyways, I did what the masses wanted and here is the result.

Hope you all enjoy it!!

I just wonder why nobody voted for me - I have at least one second in a federation event!?!?!?!?!
kb

Post by kb »

Yea well I wouldn't have put myself in front of Murray or Lee. These guys are my buddies but damn they are awesome fishermen. I am thrilled to be mentioned with this list as they are all awesome anglers.

I do find it kinda funny that I kinda busted ol' Kramer for missing Michael Bennett and Fred Rombanis and Zack Thompson and guess what.......we did it again. I know you guys are not competing against these guys like we do.

Thanks for the votes! But I do sense a conspiracy to keep me in that 13th spot...........hhmmmmmm!

Oh just for curiosity here is my votes based on the qualifications that Gator set.

Skeet Reese
Gary Dobyns
Aaron Martens
John Murray
Andre Moore

Hope it is all in fun and nobody get's their depends in a bunch!!!!
MPOLLARD

Post by MPOLLARD »

When Gator wrote the criteria's he said not only a great tournament or guide fisherman but great ambassador of the sport.Someone who helps with the fishing events,community,and etc. It was not just tournament exsperiance.I believe Kb,Cooch,and Sieg deserve to be high up.Not just tour. but for what thay do for fishing in general.Radio shows,fishing shows on westernbass.com,pro teen and etc.Just if Martens made the list why not Gliebe.Our did any one think of Hemphill...

Just my thoughts....

Mark Pollard

www.teampollardfishing.com
www.savephace.com
MPOLLARD

Post by MPOLLARD »

I also forgot about Mark Tyler,Leroy Bertoloro,Bennet,Thompson and the forgoton list goes on...

Mark Pollard
www.teampollardfishing.com
www.savephace.com
Noluk

Post by Noluk »

Hmm maybe we should have gone with 10 names a submission. There are some interesting names missing there. I thought about putting Dave Gliebe on my list as well. The most amazing thing is there is a high profile current California resident angler who has qualified for the Bassmaster Classics(or was it more than 1) and fished the pro tour for years missing from the list....

Interesting list and results.
Phil

Post by Phil »

KI GUESS IF YOU WANTED DAVE ON THE LIST YOU SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR HIM AS WE DID ?

HOW IN THE WOULD DID YOU GET 40 DIFFERENT NAMES WITH ONLY 30 VOTES AND 5 VOTES PER EACH PERSON WOW IS RIGHT !
Gator

Post by Gator »

Based on 30 voters X 5 votes I had 150 possibilities - that was reduced by duplicate votes. I think I ended up with 51 different people on the list. I assigned a point value to #1-#5, then listed them by total points. Dobyns ran away with the points.....

Like I said, this was not scientific. If anyone else would like to give it a shot please feel free to do so. It would be interesting to see another one based on a different system.
Paul W

Re: Aaron Martens

Post by Paul W »

Aaron didnt make the top 5?? LOL jeeze!!!!! Yes I know he lives in Alabama now, but I still consider him a west coast angler. Heck, the guy came out and won the US Open this year.

-Paul W
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Just wondereing about a friend of mine named Mike Reynolds...I could be wrong, but how did he avoid this list, or should I say some where in the top third..Just my opinion.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
Jeff Jewell

Post by Jeff Jewell »

Hey what about my list of accomlishments?
1. I had a room next to KB at the Shasta Motel 6
2. Sat in a shitter at Lauretzen's next to Byron Velvick
3. Team partner drew Geliebe at Clear Lake Won Bass
4. Bumped into Cooch one day at Big Break (excuse me dude)
5. Let Dobyns into line at Oroville Ramp.
6. Fished with Jim Conlow
7. Was once stupid enough to think that another website could compete with this one.
8. Actually went bluegill fishing this year.
...............And the list goes on........................
When in Doubt " Set the Hook"
BassTraveler

Post by BassTraveler »

To Funny...Jeff :lol:
www.nixonsmarine.com
MPOLLARD

Post by MPOLLARD »

Also Ish Monroe should be on the list...