What Rods are still being made in the USA

DaveH

What Rods are still being made in the USA

Post by DaveH »

I know of a few, Powell, Not to sure about Loomis, was kind of bummed to find out that Dobyens are made in Korea, I was going to get a 705cb glass rod until I read it, Is the new Phoenix rods being made in the US or are they out of country, I don't want to sound like to much of a hypocrites, I use Shimano reels that I suppose are made in Japan, I guess I just want to support rods made in the USA. I guess I'll stick with my St Croixs....
Marc

Re: What Rods are still being made in the USA

Post by Marc »

Lamiglas rods are handmade in Woodland, WA and they are outstanding.

ciao,
Marc
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

Falcon and Fenwick are made in the US. I like to buy stuff made in the USA as well, but China makes good stuff cheaply and Japan is making some really awesome stuff..those guys are all in on bass fishing.

as for Dobyn's...I'm really impressed with every rod I've purchased. Each one has been money well spent...and with so many choices out there it nice to get the choices right.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

uh, pretty sure Powell rods are made off shore.

GLoomis rods are a still a USA product. Falcon is made in the USA. As mentioned Lami's are. Most 'croix rods are made here - Mojo is made in 'North America'.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I thin St. Croix blanks are made offshore but built here.
jazzwannabe

Post by jazzwannabe »

Every Powell I bought new had a sticker on the butt that says Made in China.
Golden Empire Bass Club
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Just had the pleasure of meeting the Wade's at the BAT, and can honestly say that they produce a high-quality (TOP NOTCH) rod, made in America... I was really impressed with their workmanship and design details.

You should start hearing more about these soon, and owe it to yourself to take a look and consider them along with your other preferences.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Steve45

Post by Steve45 »

Gary Loomis went back to making blanks again and the company that he started is called North Fork Composites out of Washington State, cause Shimano is no longer selling G.Loomis blanks to us Rod builders. Steve
rich mendoza

Post by rich mendoza »

big bear rods are made in the usa. there is a link at the top of the page!
Owner @ canopygrenades.com
Norv

Post by Norv »

ESOX Rods are hand made in Richmond, IN. The company makes an awesome carbon fiber rod. Check them out at www.esoxfishingrods.com.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
phill strader

Post by phill strader »

As mentioned there are still a few "made in the USA" rods, but for the most part the components are still being imported.....blanks, guides, reel seats, cork, thread, etc. If you like the quality and reasurance of having the fuji name on your guides and reel seats, rest assured your buying imported products.
It is quite a double standard to consider buying tackle and reels that are made oversees ( by foreign companies) to be acceptable, but the thought of buying a quality product from an American owned and opperated company, i.e. Dobyns , to be repulsive..

Believe me I get buying US products, by livelyhood depends on it.

Phil Strader
Melones_IS_Mine

Post by Melones_IS_Mine »

Are there any American companies that use blanks, reel seats & grips, and guides made in America? 100% American made components?

Since I don't have the $crip to get a good rod AND reel these days, I am seriously looking into doing my own rods. I was looking to buy a great blank from Loomis, Lami, etc.-brands I use and trust. Arm and a leg. I'm not gonna buy a blank from an American company that gets their blanks from China. Unfortunately, since what I'm looking for IS Chinese made, I'll buy from them.
WishinIwerFishin

Post by WishinIwerFishin »

DaveH wrote:I know of a few, Powell, Not to sure about Loomis, was kind of bummed to find out that Dobyens are made in Korea, I was going to get a 705cb glass rod until I read it, Is the new Phoenix rods being made in the US or are they out of country, I don't want to sound like to much of a hypocrites, I use Shimano reels that I suppose are made in Japan, I guess I just want to support rods made in the USA. I guess I'll stick with my St Croixs....
All my powell's have "made in china" sticker on the butt and all my shimanos' are made in japan. Dont cut yourself short by overlooking the dobyns because of them being made in korea. I just got myself a gen 1 795ml and a gen 2 734C SH, they're the nicest rods I have. I still love the six powells I own but I'll be spending the extra $ on a dobyn's when I buy a rod from now on.
www.baysicscreenprint.com
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

DaveH wrote:I guess I'll stick with my St Croixs....
St. Croix's lower end rod series are made in Mexico and China. Their reels (re-badged Daiwas) are made in Asia.
Norv

Post by Norv »

ESOX Rods are hand made in the USA. Some of the components may come from overseas, but they are assembled here. If you are looking for blanks you can purchase them from ESOX Rods.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Falcon and Fenwick are made in the US.

Fenwick is made in Taiwan, definitely not in America.
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

I just got my Carbon Fiber Rod and it is and awsome rod and made in America. Any one that wants to see and try it out give me a call at Folsom Lake
Ra Vanacore
Ray Vanacore
sro114

Post by sro114 »

Rogue Rods are made in the USA. I'm guessing their components are the same as everyone elses.
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

With not trying to sound like a racist, I'm not buying a rod from Korea, because I just talked to my neighbor, who Korean, as well as half my street now are also Koreans, So when I was asking him when he thought he could clean up his yard, due to the fact he hasn't touched in 6 months :D
So I asked him about rods made in Korea, and he smiled like he always does and shook his head up and down and said, Yes yes.
So when asked if I should buy American, he said, Yes Yes
So I guess it's up to me to decide, NNNNNNNOOOOOOO rods from Korea
TTCal

Post by TTCal »

DaveH wrote:I know of a few, Powell, Not to sure about Loomis, was kind of bummed to find out that Dobyens are made in Korea, I was going to get a 705cb glass rod until I read it, Is the new Phoenix rods being made in the US or are they out of country, I don't want to sound like to much of a hypocrites, I use Shimano reels that I suppose are made in Japan, I guess I just want to support rods made in the USA. I guess I'll stick with my St Croixs....
Powell rods are made in China.

Loomis rods are still made in the US

Dobyns Rods are made in Korea

Phoenix Rods are made in China

Most of the St. Croix sticks are made in the US, the lower end stuff is made in their new plant in Mexico. St. Croix rolls their own blanks either here in the US or in their plant in Mexico.
Marc wrote:Lamiglas rods are handmade in Woodland, WA and they are outstanding.
Yes, Lamiglas are still made in the US
acm95301 wrote:Falcon and Fenwick are made in the US. I like to buy stuff made in the USA as well, but China makes good stuff cheaply and Japan is making some really awesome stuff..those guys are all in on bass fishing.
Falcon rods are made in the US

Fenwick is owned by Pure Fishing and the rods are made overseas
tunaman wrote:Just had the pleasure of meeting the Wade's at the BAT, and can honestly say that they produce a high-quality (TOP NOTCH) rod, made in America...
Wade Rods are rolled and built in the US
Steve45 wrote:Gary Loomis went back to making blanks again and the company that he started is called North Fork Composites out of Washington State.
And from what we understand, he is making blanks only, not built rods.
rich mendoza wrote:big bear rods are made in the usa. there is a link at the top of the page!
This is what they told us as well two years ago at ICAST
phill strader wrote:As mentioned there are still a few "made in the USA" rods, but for the most part the components are still being imported.....blanks, guides, reel seats, cork, thread, etc.
Yes, Fuji components are made i Japan

Batson and Pac Bay components, from what I understand, are made in overseas
sro114 wrote:Rogue Rods are made in the USA. I'm guessing their components are the same as everyone elses.
Rogue Rods are made in the US and last time I checked, they were using Batson components (made overseas)

I didn't say anything about ESOX because I have no direct experience with their product.

Other companies that come to mind off the top of my head:

Damiki - overseas (mixed origins)
Abu Garcia - overseas
Shimano - overseas
Daiwa - overseas (mixed origins)
American Rodsmith - some US rods (with blanks from Japan), some overseas
Mattlures - overseas
Jackall - overseas
Okuma - overseas
Kistler - some US rods, some overseas
Dennis "Cal" Shew
Enthusiast Tackle Editor
Tackle Tour : The Angler's source for tackle news and reviews
www.tackletour.com

[i]fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside[/i]
2ndsuks

Post by 2ndsuks »

DaveH wrote: , So when I was asking him when he thought he could clean up his yard, due to the fact he hasn't touched in 6 months :D
I'd hate to ask how you pick out a new car! :lol: :lol:
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Marc wrote:Lamiglas rods are handmade in Woodland, WA and they are outstanding.
Like St. Croix, Lamiglas also outsources manufacturing of their lower end series overseas. Lami's Rock Creek series made for AWR/Big Rock/All Sports is manufactured in China...
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

2ndsuks wrote:
DaveH wrote: , So when I was asking him when he thought he could clean up his yard, due to the fact he hasn't touched in 6 months :D
I'd hate to ask how you pick out a new car! :lol: :lol:
Well that easy to see, Ford truck, Via, Kansas city, via mexico, Chevy Corvette, via bowling Green, via mexico, Mercedes, Via Germany, Via Mexico
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Here's the Tackle Tour guy's take on the Wade rpd lineup... as a rodmaker myself, they are top-notch quality for sure:

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewbassath ... dspg2.html

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?