Fish as an Am with no Pro? How and where?

Smokey

Fish as an Am with no Pro? How and where?

Post by Smokey »

I'm looking to fish a Pro/Am event next year but I don't have a pro to sign up with. What are my choices? I live in the Bay Area? What should I do?
Robert F

Re: Fish as an Am with no Pro? How and where?

Post by Robert F »

Most will let you sign up without a partner. The best thing to do is call in early. That will give the Org. time to pair you up.
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

You can also send the org a deposit on each event you plan to fish, that should get you in. As Robert mentioned, the earlier, the better.
I had to come back...I know...
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

The best thing to do is to contact the org and read the rules. Each has a director that should be able to address your questions and concerns

www.wonbass.com
www.usanglerschoice.net
www.westcoastbass.net
www.flwoutdoors.com
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

You may want to consider the upcoming WON Bass Mercury Marine Invitational on the Delta (out of Russo's) Feb 5th and 6th.

AAA Entry fees are now only $100 with Big Bass and Pro Option pools now available to the AAA's...which will beef up the pot nicely for all who enter.

These "shared weight" Pro-Ams are a great way to get started in tournament fishing. The Pro's are drawn with Triple A's (AMS) and the Pro's will generally do all they can to make sure you catch some fish...since it ultimately helps them. You will draw a different pro each day which gives you a great opportunity to learn. Heck, for $100, you can't even get a one-day guide trip anywhere near that cheaply.

To recieve an updated entry form call Ashley at WON at 949-366-0030 xt. 38

Note to all: This is now a Friday/Saturday event. I hear more details will be released very soon regarding official practice dates and off limits. Stay tuned!!
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Caudawg wrote:This is now a Friday/Saturday event.
:shock:
Jeff Antenucci

Post by Jeff Antenucci »

My best advice, sign up early. I already signed up for the 2 AC I'm fishing next year, Delta and Clear Lake. The earlier the better