I OWE A GIANT THANK YOU

some guy

I OWE A GIANT THANK YOU

Post by some guy »

To a long list of people that saved my butt this weekend. Thanks Chris Bonaparte and family, big unc, LARRY COLLINS, the miracle welder himself that saved the day, Doug, Rick Grover, Kyle Grover, Willy wonka and everyone that called me to make sure I was alright. I owe you all big time. It kind of restored my faith in humanity a bit. Thanks again everyone.

Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Re: I OWE A GIANT THANK YOU

Post by DL »

Damn dude, was there anymore damage to the trailer? Or just the tongue? I hope that happened in the parking lot, after you were off the water, and not on the road :D
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Post by some guy »

Domenigoni and Winchester. Hit that bump a little hotter than I should have. Lesson learned big time. It seemed like tha trailer was fine.. no warp, no damage to the truck, the cage that holds the spare tire underneath took a beating but it still holds the spare thankfully. It was not a good feeling looking back in the rear view and seeing the rig nose down.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

Glad to hear that was the only damage. I know on my trailer the spare tire rack would take the brunt of that..sucks none the less.
"Feel the steel"
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Ouch.

I believe there was a recall on the champ trailers with a certain serial numbers.

BBC has the info here...

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/118822
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
some guy

Post by some guy »

Interesting. I never got a recall notice, but according to that thread my trailer model is one mentioned in that thread. The pictures they have of the trailers that is suppose to be assembled wrong is the trailer I have. If that's true I will not be very happy.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

Wow.... If you get feedback from that recall, let us know. Its an amazing story both for the extreme damage and the help of good friends....glad everyone is ok.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
LawDog

Post by LawDog »

John,

I have an 06 Champion 187 with a single axle swing away tounge. I dont think its the same as yours but just want to be sure before taking it up to Shasta. I cant really tell in the pics but it looks like your tounge comes completely off the trailer. Let me know if I'm correct. I checked the other forum and could'nt tell there either.

Thanks,
Scott
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

LawDog wrote:John,

I have an 06 Champion 187 with a single axle swing away tounge. I dont think its the same as yours but just want to be sure before taking it up to Shasta. I cant really tell in the pics but it looks like your tounge comes completely off the trailer. Let me know if I'm correct. I checked the other forum and could'nt tell there either.

Thanks,
Scott
I have the same year boat and trailer bro. Please let me know if you find anything out or if anyone else knows out there please advise...

BTW.. that is good yer boat is ok. I know I'd be shtn brix if that happened
some guy

Post by some guy »

I was freaked out for sure. I have a 2005 single axle trailer with a retractable tongue. It does not come completely off the trailer as far as I know of.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
some guy

Post by some guy »

Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

Chris told me the story today. You are lucky to know the right people. If that would have happened to me I would have been screwed and paying a huge tow bill.
jigginpig

Post by jigginpig »

OK OK, lemme see if i gots tha Cali lingo down pat...
"Oh, Snap!"

glad you made it out of that one more or less intact! that would have required a change of pants for me.

Shaun
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Good gravy, That is NOT a pretty sight.

I can only imagine what you were thinking when it was all going down.

Glad it all worked out okay with all the assitance you got.
Western Bass rocks !
Share fishing with someone
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Back in 2002 EZ Loader had a recall on the trailer they manufactured for my Champion. They put lousy single leafs on them. I crawled over a set of RR tracks and one of them snapped right at the axle :evil: !

I wasn't notified about a recall until I called them to let them know what happened. The guy tells me he really never liked that single leaf design, YA THINK!

Isn't a bump on the road where I haven't looked back and hope I don't see something ugly.

Glad you were back at without to much damage.
I had to come back...I know...