Structure Scan-Any installation tips

JLeo

Structure Scan-Any installation tips

Post by JLeo »

I just pick up a Lowrance Structure Scan unit and my boat doesn't have a jack plate. Do you have any tips on where to mount the unit without interfering with the outboard?
acm95301

Re: Structure Scan-Any installation tips

Post by acm95301 »

Alot of that depends on what your boat is liek and the amount of step down you have. For me I just put mine 12 in from my 2d transducer, this helps with the data overlay feature.

feel free to pm me.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
Popper

Post by Popper »

Jleo,

I direct mounted my transducer on the step. As noted in the instruction installation manual, there are 4 ways to mount the transducer from the transom end. Without a jack plate, the direct mount in my step was the best choice as the transducer cable runs directly out and along the transom/outboard motor bracket. And personally, I don't like the ideal of mounting the transducer on that bracket provided with the unit.

If you direct mount the transducer as noted above, don't for get to change the settings on your HDS unit of the line of sight from left and right.

Ed
RANT55

Post by RANT55 »

If you call Greg at C&C Marine 209-526-4120 he can help you or if you buy it there they will install it free save you the trouble.
JW Wheat

Post by JW Wheat »

JLeo,

Go to Bass Boat Central on the web http://www.bassboatcentral.com/
Very good info and forum for Bass Boats. There is quite alot of info wrt the structure scan and with pictures of how people installed their units. I installed mine on my Ranger 519 on the transom using the supplied mounting bracket. There is no interference from the big motor. Before mounting on the transom (if thats your option), just check the clearance between the transducer and the big motor when the motor is all the way down. You dont have to mount it to the jackplate, though that is an option. The install should only take you a few hours and is pretty easy.

Goood Luck

Jon
JLeo

Post by JLeo »

I had Mike Osgood install the structurescan today and I'm very happy with his work. If you have any questions is him a call at (408) 821-2948.

Post by Guest »

JLeo wrote:I had Mike Osgood install the structurescan today and I'm very happy with his work. If you have any questions is him a call at (408) 821-2948.
do you have a picture that you can share with us? Just looking for reference as I have the same issue.