I hope ALL you Obama backers are proud of this IDIOT!

For political discussions
WormFisher

Re: I hope ALL you Obama backers are proud of this IDIOT!

Post by WormFisher »

Why are people so angry about this without reading all of the available information?

Everyone has special interests and the recent Supreme Court case just gave them more power then they have ever had.

Take the money out of the decisions/interests and maybe something could get done for we the people.
DarkShadow

Post by DarkShadow »

http://deadspin.com/5490210/espncom-hel ... hing-rumor

"In fact, from what I can tell it's completely generic legalese that contains no actionable policy recommendations in it all. It says zip about recreational fishing, never mind any sort of plan to curtail it.

But that didn't stop other websites from running with the idea of Little Billy getting hauled off to Leavenworth for catching a minnow down by the crick. And, of course, tying it directly to Barack Obama's insatiable lust for power, even though he's probably forgotten that he even created it. (Read between the lines, sheeple!)"

Sheeple. That's my new word of the week.

Hopefully we can put away the torches and pitchforks and get back to fishing.
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

Well the way I see it water is the life source of all humanity. We all need water. The first step to controling the water is limitations. First one then the next and so forth, until the government controls all the water and its distribution. We have several reservoirs in N.Cal that no one can enter, closed off yet the Calif Constitution says ya can't do that with navigable waterways, yet its done. :x It will start with fishing (like Salmon already) and slowly spread to other species, then pretty soon the water/all water will be in govt control, then comes the bargaining. (OK if you want to use the water you will have to give up your guns ect) Fishing is but one small increment of: the final takeover :lol:

TL
FE
captjohn

Post by captjohn »

Dont freak out, this has been happening for years. I have been involved in the MLPA process at the Channel Island and the South Coast dont worry guys if they want there going to take it.
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

Brian D. wrote:Just think.. if McCain was president you'd be dealing with this moron.

At least she can hunt, and you have to admit, SHE'S HOT!!! :lol: :lol:
Sponsors:
M & M Marine, Lincoln, CA
[img]http://www.evolutionmarine.net/images/mercury.logo.gif[/img]
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

Bill K wrote: Now he is showing his
true colors, 1/2white 1/2 negroid. Growing up the blacks had no use for mixed people, but he sure sold them a bill of goods, Did he Not ?
I have many black friends BIll K :(
bologna!

Tony Richards
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

Is this still Westernbass??? :roll: Anybody catching any rip bait fish? What about fish on big worms? What happened to this site...? Pretty sad...
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
Mike Meier

Post by Mike Meier »

[quote="Skeeterman"]Brain,
So what do we have in their now? Theirs one thing im not shamed to say is,I voted for her and McCain.Palin would have been better than that turd we have in their now?[/quote]

Ditto and she's looks hot at 46 years old. Not that 46 is old.

Post by Guest »

Just like espn to start S$%T thats the media for you.
PeteD

Post by PeteD »

Yeah Go ahead and believe it can't happen, and one day you will say
"How did this happen"? before you know it, its done.
That's just the way they want you to think.

But Because of patriots before us we have a right to stop it.
Our freedoms are being taken 1 by 1.

Their already subsidizing Hunting guides to NOT take clients out hunting.

Pete
offduty

Post by offduty »

PeteD wrote:Yeah Go ahead and believe it can't happen, and one day you will say
"How did this happen"? before you know it, its done.
That's just the way they want you to think.

But Because of patriots before us we have a right to stop it.
Our freedoms are being taken 1 by 1.

Their already subsidizing Hunting guides to NOT take clients out hunting.

Pete
+1

P.S. Caribou Barbie is a MILF

Post by Guest »

So what hobby will everybody take up when they banned fishing ?????? just think no more westernbass or calbassin or texas fishing forum or tackletour or ultimate bass forum oh what to do !!!!!!
some guy

Post by some guy »

the sky is falling, the sky is falling!
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Got to be tough when your messiah turns against the things you love to do. Other boards the guys say, 'well, it's probably the better for the environment anyways', laying down like old dying dogs.

Here's your guy on boats, I followed that link above where reps of the boating industry wrote him (he lets his cards show here doncha think?):

A Letter to the President
Boca Grande—In a letter sent last week to the president, MRAA expressed great disappointment regarding disparaging remarks President Obama made in Nashua, New Hampshire when he equated boat buying with irresponsible behavior by consumers.

MRAA noted the remarks were both unfortunate and inopportune and told the president that he should not have singled out boat buying just as he should not deride consumers for buying a watch, a coat, or a car or truck. MRAA strongly believes his remarks is a slap in the face of boat dealers and other marine retailers and come at a crucial interval in the business recovery.

Marine retailers provide thousands of jobs and contribute billions of dollars to our economy and pay significant tax revenues. Many marine retailers are struggling in this recession with greatly reduced sales, problems obtaining necessary financing to operate their businesses and to cover inventory, and to retain valued employees. However, even during these hard times, they are making personal and financial sacrifices to support the economy, our country, and employees.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Vince E

Post by Vince E »

And here's a kicker
All that $$$ in the Sport Fish Restoration Act,
Will Wind up in the General Fund,

They have been wanting that money forever,,

Pete D
All of this hype and emotion as just a smokescreen for an old fashioned robbery?
The great non sequitur committed by defenders of the State, including classical Aristotelian and Thomist philosophers, is to leap from the necessity of society to the necessity of the State.
birdi23nls

Post by birdi23nls »

Brian D. wrote:Just think.. if McCain was president you'd be dealing with this moron.

I would take Sarah Palin over Barack I've been to 57 states Obama and Joe the Gaff Biden any day of the week.

Obama has the lowest polling numbers since Carter, taking away are freedoms, and pushing socialized medicine and every bleeding heart liberal in America still wants to bash on Sarah Palin.

Brian D., i've got a serious question for you. What did Barack Obama do that qualified him to be president of the United States? Sarah Palin was the governor of the Alaska with ridiculous high approval ratings. Obama has never run anything. He hasn't run a state, a business, a school; Obama hasn't even run a little league baseball team. Now we give him control of the United States of America??? He is running it alright, straight off of a cliff.

You know one thing you don't see a lot of anymore...Obama bumper stickers.

Stick a fork in him...he's done.
Jared
e-mail: Birdi23nls@aol.com

www.mayhemlures.com
Romeo D

Post by Romeo D »

i've got a serious question for you. What did Barack Obama do that qualified him to be president of the United States? Sarah Palin was the governor of the Alaska with ridiculous high approval ratings. Obama has never run anything. He hasn't run a state, a business, a school; Obama hasn't even run a little league baseball team. Now we give him control of the United States of America??? He is running it alright, straight off of a cliff.
He led community organizations that relied on government/taxpayer funds and corporate paybacks. Profits? What profits? That is a bad word. But money from the gov't and shakedowns from the evil corporations is the proper way to run an organization.

Anyone else getting tired of seeing their faces on the magazine covers at the checkout stand? The media is still in love and close their eyes on most of the important issues. Boy are they ca$hing it in.

Ok, back to fishiing, who is leading the Duel on the Delta..lol
kwikfish

Post by kwikfish »

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201003100030

ESPN Editor Acknowledges Errors.....

I'm incredulous to see all the knee jerk reactions to another poorly written and poorly researched piece of 'journalism' only to provide a 'soapbox' for all of you who chose to bash political parties, platforms and candidates.

This was a fishing issue that was poorly reported by ESPN at the start, then lead to nothing more than another 'soapbox' opportunity for individuals who simply do not want to take the time to educate themselves of the facts, etc. and instead, take childish shots at people as if they are on the EIB network themselves.

As Skunkedagain wrote so poignantly about the heart of the real issue:

"As if Democrats have more "special interests" than Republicans. The problem with our country is ALL of our politicians are bought and paid for, they just have different clients. Until we realize it's not a party issue, but a corruption and greed issue, nothing will change. Big business runs this country.
$ talks. Of course, this is just my 2 cents."

The best $.02 of this entire thread.......

Post by Guest »

you'll need to ouit complaining the next president wont do any better than what going on now and remember sarah palin quit as governor of alaska because of the for the bad judgements she made why serving her term. you dont see the president giving up because your mad that the country going to hell it are fault not the goverment or the presidents fault. SOOOOOOO everybody needs too quit crying. YOUR BEATING A DEAD HORSE AND GETTING NO WHERE.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

jigfish1 wrote:you'll need to ouit complaining the next president wont do any better than what going on now and remember sarah palin quit as governor of alaska because of the for the bad judgements she made why serving her term. you dont see the president giving up because your mad that the country going to hell it are fault not the goverment or the presidents fault. SOOOOOOO everybody needs too quit crying. YOUR BEATING A DEAD HORSE AND GETTING NO WHERE.
What??
It's 11:00 in the morning and your already sauced.

Post by Guest »

now thats funny :lol:
K Luby

Post by K Luby »

All of this comes down to one thing "votes". There are more people in this world that don't care at all about people that love to fish then do. So weather these bill are fair or unfair makes no difference. They will go with the group that will put them back in office. We have no control or power. They will just have to chase my *** all over the lake cuz I'm "gone fishin"
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Cooch wrote:FBOMB Congress, I'll do the Executive Order play! Very scary to the Angling world!

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/salt ... id=4975762
How do you really feel Coochie? Funny thing is it's too scary to make jokes about!

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
WormFisher

Post by WormFisher »

Hey MODS you think this has become political enough to go back to the political forum where it belongs now. With all the name calling that is going on now.
Hooked A Skate

Post by Hooked A Skate »

There is nothing quite like reading through two pages-worth of uninformed rantings by armchair-pundits. Once again, for those of you who didn't get the memo....

THIS WAS A PLOY, DEVISED BY THE COMMERCIAL FISHING INDUSTRY AND BULLY-PULPITTED BY THE POLITICAL RIGHT, TO GET YOUR POLITCAL PANTIES IN A WAD. IT WAS IRRESPONSIBLY REPORTED ON BY ESPN - WHICH EVEN NOW IS DISTANCING ITSELF FROM THE REPORT - AND OTHER NEWS OUTLETS WHO FAILED TO DO EVEN A MINIMAL AMOUNT OF RESEARCH ON THE ISSUE.

I am disgusted how easily a lot of you allowed yourselves to be spoon-fed this crap. Though I can't say I am surprised - it is the people who wear their politics on their sleeves that allow the Limbaughs and O'Reillys and Becks of this world to do their thinking for them.

If there is any group you should be focusing your anger towards, it is the commercial fishing industry. It has been their irresponsible fishing practices - which have depleted entire fisheries you and I hold dear to our hearts - that have provided conservation groups the impetus to lobby for more restrictive fishing regulations for our waters.

And now they want to trick you into thinking that you should jump on their agenda - because if you don't, all fishing as we know it will come to an end? And not only do you take the bait, but there are some of you who are still chirping, because you can't even admit to yourself that you fell for the oldest trick in the political book?

Instead of cherry picking from a tree that doesn't exist, do some research for yourself and re-focus your anger, instead of being easily led automatons.
Last edited by Hooked A Skate on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Before none of your printed idols do I bend in acquiescence and he who saith 'thou shalt' to me is my mortal foe. I demand proof over all things, and accept (with reservations) even that which is true." -- Ragnar Redbeard, [i]Might Is Right[/i]
Spookin'Em43

Post by Spookin'Em43 »

Hooked A Skate wrote:There is nothing quite like reading through two pages-worth of uninformed rantings by armchair-pundits. Once again, for those of you who didn't get the memo....

THIS WAS A PLOY, DEVISED BY THE COMMERCIAL FISHING INDUSTRY AND BULLY-PULPITTED BY THE POLITICAL RIGHT, TO GET YOUR POLITCAL PANTIES IN A WAD. IT WAS IRRESPONSIBLY REPORTED ON BY ESPN - WHICH EVEN NOW IS DISTANCING ITSELF FROM THE REPORT - AND OTHER NEWS OUTLETS WHO FAILED TO DO EVEN A MINIMAL AMOUNT OF RESEARCH ON THE ISSUE.

I am disgusted how easily a lot of you allowed yourselves to be spoon-fed this crap. Though I can't say I am surprised - it is the people who wear their politics on their sleeves that allow the Limbaughs and O'Reillys and Becks of this world to do their thinking for them.

If there is any group you should be focusing your anger towards, it is the commercial fishing industry. It has been their irresponsible fishing practices - which have depleted entire fisheries you and I hold dear to our hearts - that have provided conservation groups the impetus to lobby for more restrictive fishing regulations for our waters.

And now they want to trick you into thinking that you should jump on their agenda - because if you don't, all fishing as we know it will come to an end? And not only do you take the bait, but there are some of you who are still chirping, because you can't even admit to yourself that you fell for the oldest trick in the political book?

Instead of cherry picking from a tree that doesn't exist, do some research for yourself and re-focus your anger, instead of being easily led automatons.
+1000000
Derrick Hicks

Humboldt State University-FLW College Series

I Proudly Endorse:
Dobyn's Rods, RBBassfishing, Abu Garcia, El Grande Lures, Trilene, Berkely, D&M Baits, Zipper Worms, Rod Glove, Tackle Warehouse, HatCams
bpm2000

Post by bpm2000 »

Right on hooked!

"I have black friends"
LOL wow.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

NM[/quote]
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Hooked A Skate wrote:There is nothing quite like reading through two pages-worth of uninformed rantings by armchair-pundits. Once again, for those of you who didn't get the memo....

AWWW.......You're so SMART.
I bet your pretty too.
whazup

Post by whazup »

Go ahead and trust Obama. He needs your kind. As for me, I consider him a snake in the grass!! NOTHING is beneath him!!
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
TannerS

Post by TannerS »

If Obama ever does try and ban fishing as a whole, some crazy redneck would fly off the handle and probably assasinate him. Fishing will never be banned, it brings in to much money. :roll:
Powellco.com
TylureCustomSwimbaits.com
birdi23nls

Post by birdi23nls »

Dude, you are hilarious. We conservatives are being spoon fed our information? Honestly, I laughed out loud at your hypocrisy. Obama owns the mainstream media, and we fell for the oldest trick in the book? Wow, that takes some fortitude to make a statement like that. Maybe some of you progressive liberals think that we are all a bunch of backwoods hicks, but "ya all" should think again. Just because you repeat a talking point given to you by MSNBC and have a thrill running up your leg every time Obama gives another speech on health care, doesn’t make it a fact.

Obama's poll numbers are dropping faster than any president in modern political history, and trust me, it is for a reason. This fishing ban that he can pass by executive order is just one of many that will lead to his political end.

I'm actually a little surprised that there are this many fisherman out there that are willing to advocate for Obama. Give it a little while longer; most of you will come to your senses.

Another member referred to some folks as sheepal (liberals). A popular radio talk show host coined that term a while back. I don't know if you know why? But, it is because sheep are followers, and one of, if not the dumbest animals on the face of the earth. Don't take that the wrong way...i'm just saying.

P.S. I love all of you guys, even though I've only met like 3 of you :D
Last edited by birdi23nls on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jared

www.mayhemlures.com
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Dude, you are hilarious. We conservatives are being spoon fed our information? Honestly, I laughed out loud at your hypocrisy. Obama owns the mainstream media, and we fell for the oldest trick in the book? Wow, that takes some fortitude to make a statement like that. Maybe some of you progressive liberals think that we are all a bunch of backwoods hicks, but "ya all" should think again. Just because you repeat a talking point given to you by MSNBC and have a thrill running up your leg every time Obama gives another speech on health care, doesn’t make it a fact.

Obama's poll numbers are dropping faster than any president in modern political history, and trust me, it is for a reason. This fishing ban that he can pass by executive order is just one of many that will lead to his political end.

I'm actually a little surprised that there are this many fisherman out there that are willing to advocate for Obama. Give it a little while longer; most of you will come to your senses.

Another member referred to some folks as sheepal (liberals). A popular radio talk show host coined that term a while back. I don't know if you know why? But, it is because sheep are followers, and one of, if not the dumbest animal on the face of the earth. Don't take that the wrong way...i'm just saying.

P.S. I love all of you guys, even though I've only met like 3 of you :D[/quote]

Exactly...... +1

James
Nozmo King

Post by Nozmo King »

Hooked a Skate, you’re far too intelligent to be posting on this forum. We prefer knee-jerk, broad-brush attacks that fit into our preconceived notions of all the people we don’t like, &, believe you me, there are a lot of them. If you think we’re actually going to go to the trouble of reading some long document & thinking & analyzing it on our own, you’re sadly mistaken. It’s way faster to just glance at a headline on a website & then spout off to our heart’s content. Which is really great until the tables get turned on us like with the Delta peripheral canal & some IDIOT, even if he’s a right-winger with a TV show, turns the tables & blasts us for being granola-crunching, animal rights loving, environmental wackos. Who, by the way, we hate. Then it’s an outrage!

I still can’t believe more young people aren’t getting into fishing. You’d think a forum like this would really be whetting their appetites for this wonderful sport & all the wonderful people who enjoy it. Instead, they want to play stupid video games… IDIOTS!
Hooked A Skate

Post by Hooked A Skate »

birdi23nls wrote:Dude, you are hilarious. We conservatives are being spoon fed our information? Honestly, I laughed out loud at your hypocrisy. Obama owns the mainstream media, and we fell for the oldest trick in the book? Wow, that takes some fortitude to make a statement like that. Maybe some of you progressive liberals think that we are all a bunch of backwoods hicks, but "ya all" should think again. Just because you repeat a talking point given to you by MSNBC and have a thrill running up your leg every time Obama gives another speech on health care, doesn’t make it a fact.
I do not affiliate myself with either the Democratic or Republican parties. I am "conservative" on some issues, "liberal" on others. You see "hypocrisy" because the idea of a political viewpoint that doesn't fall within your ridiculous party-line preconceptions is anathema to you.

And since you brought up MSNBC and Obama:

I am not a fan of Obama. I didn't vote for him, and unless he accomplishes something amazing during the remainder of this term, I will not vote for him in 2012. The last two presidential elections have seen my vote go to a third-party candidate. I am ambivalent towards Obama's health care bill; I see valid arguments on both sides of the political spectrum. I would ask you this: would you be willing to apply your same viewpoints on health care to, say, Social Security?

I do not watch or read MSNBC, or even CNN or FOXNews, for that matter. They all have their own political agendas, and I find it amusing that you would lend any sort of credence to a crummy network like MSNBC, by even mentioning their name. Truth be told, when ESPN published the column in question, I immediately started researching this issue, pitchfork in hand & and ready to do a little Obama-skewering myself. It was after digging a little deeper on the matter that the truth unfolded.
birdi23nls wrote:Obama's poll numbers are dropping faster than any president in modern political history, and trust me, it is for a reason. This fishing ban that he can pass by executive order is just one of many that will lead to his political end.
Do you honestly believe the current administration wants to see this plastered on hand-held signs, t-shirts, and lakeside porta-potties?

Do you believe they would be so careless as to waste their political clout and momentum, by doing away with such an essential piece of Americana as fishing?

Get a clue.
birdi23nls wrote:I'm actually a little surprised that there are this many fisherman out there that are willing to advocate for Obama. Give it a little while longer; most of you will come to your senses.
Once again, this is not about Obama. This is about the commercial fishing industry manipulating you (via the right-wing press) into a mindless political feeding frenzy. Nothing more, nothing less.

As an avid angler and shooter, I can tell you I have no love for any politician who sees fit to define my rights, whether it is to expand or restrict them. I have seen both federal and state politicians from both sides of the aisle restrict our rights, using dubious claims as their sole justification for doing so.
birdi23nls wrote:Another member referred to some folks as sheepal (liberals). A popular radio talk show host coined that term a while back. I don't know if you know why? But, it is because sheep are followers, and one of, if not the dumbest animal on the face of the earth. Don't take that the wrong way...i'm just saying.
The sheep in the red states look no different than the sheep in the blue states. In fact, they are of the same flock.
Last edited by Hooked A Skate on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Before none of your printed idols do I bend in acquiescence and he who saith 'thou shalt' to me is my mortal foe. I demand proof over all things, and accept (with reservations) even that which is true." -- Ragnar Redbeard, [i]Might Is Right[/i]
Hooked A Skate

Post by Hooked A Skate »

Nozmo King wrote:Hooked a Skate, you’re far too intelligent to be posting on this forum. We prefer knee-jerk, broad-brush attacks that fit into our preconceived notions of all the people we don’t like, &, believe you me, there are a lot of them. If you think we’re actually going to go to the trouble of reading some long document & thinking & analyzing it on our own, you’re sadly mistaken. It’s way faster to just glance at a headline on a website & then spout off to our heart’s content. Which is really great until the tables get turned on us like with the Delta peripheral canal & some IDIOT, even if he’s a right-winger with a TV show, turns the tables & blasts us for being granola-crunching, animal rights loving, environmental wackos. Who, by the way, we hate. Then it’s an outrage!

I still can’t believe more young people aren’t getting into fishing. You’d think a forum like this would really be whetting their appetites for this wonderful sport & all the wonderful people who enjoy it. Instead, they want to play stupid video games… IDIOTS!
Nozmo King, you are my hero.

Post by Guest »

Ok if one of you can do a better job than the president is doing now then you need too step up and run for his job 2012. You dont have to be well known YOU JUST HAVE TO GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT CHANGE. Let hope the redhead dont run in 2012 i can see it now her time of the month and her finger on the button ready to nuke the world. Just what we need a quitter running the country. You better hope the republicans can come up with somebody better than the people they have now or it will be 4 more years of OBAMA.
birdi23nls

Post by birdi23nls »

I do not affiliate myself with either the Democratic or Republican parties. I am "conservative" on some issues, "liberal" on others. You see "hypocrisy" because the idea of a political viewpoint that doesn't fall within your ridiculous party-line preconceptions is anathema to you.

No No, I see hypocrisy in your post because you blamed Conservative Radio and FOX for stirring the pot, while liberals like yourself, hiding behind the cloak of an independent, get their information from the Daily Kos, the Huffington Post, and MSNBC.

Oh, and if you mean by my "ridiculous party-line preconception" that I don't want the government taking more of my freedoms away (like what lakes I can fish) or taxing me to kingdom come, then you are correct sir.

And since you brought up MSNBC and Obama:

I am not a fan of Obama. I didn't vote for him, and unless he accomplishes something amazing during the remainder of this term, I will not vote for him in 2012. The last two presidential elections have seen my vote go to a third-party candidate. I am ambivalent towards Obama's health care bill; I see valid arguments on both sides of the political spectrum. I would ask you this: would you be willing to apply your same viewpoints on health care to, say, Social Security?

I would say that only a liberal would make an argument that social security is the model that we should use for the American heath care system. Do you realize that Social Security is completely insolvent and is over 30 billion dollars in the red in the near future and over 5 trillion in 75 years? Yes, that is a fantastic idea, lets convert our health care system into a system like social security, or better yet, a system like communist Cuba.

I do not watch or read MSNBC, or even CNN or FOXNews, for that matter. They all have their own political agendas, and I find it amusing that you would lend any sort of credence to a crummy network like MSNBC, by even mentioning their name. Truth be told, when ESPN published the column in question, I immediately started researching this issue, pitchfork in hand & and ready to do a little skewering myself. It was after digging a little deeper on the matter that the truth unfolded.

There is a pattern that has developed with Obama's presidency and his blatant grab for power. If you do not see that then you are in the minority. Also, as far as bringing up the media, you went down that road first. I followed, like a sheepal.

Do you honestly believe the current administration wants to see this plastered on hand-held signs, t-shirts, and lakeside porta-potties?

Do you believe they would be so careless as to waste their political clout and momentum, by doing away with such an essential piece of Americana as fishing?

Get a clue.

Why wouldn't he, he is ignoring the polls now with health care and trying to jam it through congress with the nuclear option. Do you really believe that he draws the line at fishing? I should get a clue?

Once again, this is not about Obama. This is about the commercial fishing industry manipulating you (via the right-wing press) into a mindless political feeding frenzy. Nothing more, nothing less.

As an avid angler and shooter, I can tell you I have no love for any politician who sees fit to define my rights, whether it is to expand or restrict them. I have seen both federal and state politicians from both sides of the aisle restrict our rights, using dubious claims as their sole justification for doing so.
birdi23nls wrote:Another member referred to some folks as sheepal (liberals). A popular radio talk show host coined that term a while back. I don't know if you know why? But, it is because sheep are followers, and one of, if not the dumbest animal on the face of the earth. Don't take that the wrong way...i'm just saying.
The sheep in the red states look no different than the sheep in the blue states. In fact, they are of the same flock.[/quote]

I beg to differ.
Last edited by birdi23nls on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jared

www.mayhemlures.com
jemoon27

Post by jemoon27 »

Yea Brian and she'd be the first to shoot the person who even thought of stopping recreational fishing. SHE'S GOT MORE BALLS THAN THE ENTIRE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION AND SHE'S A WOMAN
"When you see a lake you think picnic, and i see a large mouth up under that log"
basshunter4u

Post by basshunter4u »

You know I used to be proud to be a democrat. Now I am so ashamed that I am going to go with the independent party. F#$% the republican and the Democratic parties. It is a waste of time and doesn't do any good to vote anyway. They say my vote counts but as you all know that propositions that pass or fail can go to the courts to be overturned by a single judge. Not the millions of voters that passed or overturned an initiative. The. system is Jacked up. Here is the bottom line. Come Novembers elections you guys want change? VOTE out the incumbent

Don O
never give up, be possitive and patient, and you will be rewarded

Post by Guest »

Are next president a hillbilly from massachusetts in a pickup truck. GREAT SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TOO HUH.
Hooked A Skate

Post by Hooked A Skate »

birdi23nls wrote:No No, I see hypocrisy in your post because you blamed Conservative Radio and FOX for stirring the pot, while liberals like yourself, hiding behind the cloak of an independent, get their information from the Daily Kos, the Huffington Post, and MSNBC.
Where exactly did you see me blaming conservative radio or FOXNews for "stirring the pot"? And where exactly did you see me refer to Daily Kos, The Huffington Post (bwahahahaha) or MSNBC as my sources of information? If you had bothered to read my post thoroughly, you would have understood that I view most popular news outlets with contempt.
birdi23nls wrote:Oh, and if you mean by my "ridiculous party-line preconception" that I don't want the government taking more of my freedoms away (like what lakes I can fish) or taxing me to kingdom come, then you are correct sir.
No that is not what I meant. Once again, try reading.

The preconception I am referring to is the propensity of conservatives to label any viewpoint contrary to theirs as "liberal", or to label "independents" as "hypocrites".

I am not a liberal, nor a conservative, nor an independent - I do see myself as a constitutionalist. My actual party affiliation is not relevant to the topic at hand. However, I would like to point out the one part of my post you failed to reply to: As an avid angler and shooter, I can tell you I have no love for any politician who sees fit to define my rights, whether it is to expand or restrict them. I have seen both federal and state politicians from both sides of the aisle restrict our rights, using dubious claims as their sole justification for doing so.
birdi23nls wrote:I would say that only a liberal would make an argument that social security is the model that we should use for the American heath care system. Do you realize that Social Security is completely insolvent and is over 30 billion dollars in the red? Yes, that is a fantastic idea, lets convert our health care system into a system like social security, or better yet, a system like communist Cuba.
For the THIRD time, READ!

If you weren't so caught up with labeling anything that threatens you as "liberal", you would see the point I was making - that people opposed to the Obama's health care plan should also be opposed to Social Security. I have seen self-proclaimed "conservatives" have their sphincters pucker up tight at the mere suggestion of taking away their Social Security benefits. It's nice to see that your ideology is consistent, at least in that respect.
birdi23nls wrote:There is a pattern that has developed with Obama's presidency and his blatant grab for power. If you do not see that then you are in the minority. Also, as far as bringing up the media, you went down that road first. I followed, like a sheepal.
Um, I didn't go down this road first. That would be ESPN and the original poster.
birdi23nls wrote:Why wouldn't he, he is ignoring the polls now with health care and trying to jam it through congress with the nuclear option. Do you really believe that he draws the line at fishing? I should get a clue?
Oooooh, the NUCLEAR option! What hyperbole!

Are you refering to the Democrats firing the parliamentarian - something the Republicans did in 2001?
birdi23nls wrote:I beg to differ.
Of course you do - the wolves wouldn't have it any other way.
sTony

Post by sTony »

Now that this thing has gone pretty much purely political is it possible to move it over to the political forum mods?

Just a thought I'll likely regret by tomorrow morning.

sTony
Skunkedagain

Post by Skunkedagain »

what, this thead isn't fishing related? lol. Entertaining as it has been, and oh so educational, it should be moved to the political forum.
-Adam Paseman
Chris B.

Post by Chris B. »

Take a deep breath and read this article:

Summary: the original ESPN article was poorly researched and even more poorly written. Don't worry, bass fishing isn't going to be banned and no, I'm not an Obama supporter (by a long shot).
Chris

Post by Guest »

Dam now there going too have nothing to complain about now thats the media for you. AND YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OBAMA FAULT SHAME ON YOU.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Well I just found out Obama cut HUD funding for future Apartment buildings for the disabled at a time when an organization I'm part of have a 5 year waiting list.

His reasoning? "No-ones looked at this for ten years. We need to revise it."

I wonder when revision became synonymous with cutting the ground out from under something?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Thunnus Salmoides

Post by Thunnus Salmoides »

Chris B. wrote:Take a deep breath and read this article:

Summary: the original ESPN article was poorly researched and even more poorly written. Don't worry, bass fishing isn't going to be banned and no, I'm not an Obama supporter (by a long shot).
Why is there even a question that the Liberals want to take away our freedom to fish! WHAT THE HELL ARE THE MLPA's? You Liberals should be celebrating because you are WINNING! Don't tell me that they aren't going to ban fishing here because they are in the process of doing it right now. In other words, DON'T PEE ON MY LEG AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING!

And to Hooked A Skate and jigfish1. You are either a plant from the left, naive, or a mindless drone. If you really are fishermen and you want to keep your right to fish, then you better start learning the truth,and which party voted for it. Assembly votes. Senate votes.
Morality- Right and wrong determined by God's laws.
Vince E

Post by Vince E »

So now where does everyone fall on the Nolan Chart?

I like the Andy Taylor graphic.

I see another important meaning in it.
The end of the kind hearted, level headed, approachable Sheriff.
We're all suspects now.
The wars on both drugs and terror have militarized our cops and created a police state that gets worse by the hour.

Sorry, back to railing about liberals and neo-cons.
I HATE THEM!!!!
The great non sequitur committed by defenders of the State, including classical Aristotelian and Thomist philosophers, is to leap from the necessity of society to the necessity of the State.
Hooked A Skate

Post by Hooked A Skate »

Thunnus Salmoides wrote:Why is there even a question that the Liberals want to take away our freedom to fish! WHAT THE HELL ARE THE MLPA's? You Liberals should be celebrating because you are WINNING! Don't tell me that they aren't going to ban fishing here because they are in the process of doing it right now. In other words, DON'T PEE ON MY LEG AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING!

And to Hooked A Skate and jigfish1. You are either a plant from the left, naive, or a mindless drone. If you really are fishermen and you want to keep your right to fish, then you better start learning the truth,and which party voted for it. Assembly votes. Senate votes.
Wow, a straw man argument and an ad hominem attack in the same post?

This discussion was not about the Marine Life Protection Act, you nitwit. But allow me to sum up my position on the MLPA: The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Are we clear sunshine?

My politics are not defined by narrow-minded "conservative" or "liberal" simplicities. I have been voicing my displeasure over the actions (and inactions) of Republicans and Democrats since that travesty we call the Roberti-Roos Act was passed. Once again, for those of you with reading comprehension issues: As an avid angler and shooter, I can tell you I have no love for any politician who sees fit to define my rights, whether it is to expand or restrict them. I have seen both federal and state politicians from both sides of the aisle restrict our rights, using dubious claims as their sole justification for doing so.

Incidentally, why did Senator Tim Leslie (R) not vote on the MLPA? Did his cat have diarrhea that day? Better yet, why did Senator Richard Rainey (R) vote for it? Was he a turncoat?