HBC and DVL

Mattlures

HBC and DVL

Post by Mattlures »

If any of you guys are fishing DVL you cant have 1 single drop of water in your boat or they wont let you in. I cant emphasize how anal they are being. You need to pull over before you go through the gates and check your boat again. They look in the back hatch, the livewells and the drain plug. Also trim you motor and make sure you have no water down by the prop.
I have a bad feeling that at least a dozzen guys wont be able to fish the tournament. I wouldnt be suprised if its more then that. I went there thursday and I saw more boats leaving for getting rejected then boats they were letting in. The guys were mad! and cussing out the staff. The lake is beautiful and should make for an awsome tournament but I know there is going to be some upset fisherman.
premium swimbaits for trophy bass
www.mattlures.com
GKramer

Re: HBC and DVL

Post by GKramer »

That's why you go a week early--then it's quicker than fast food.
Mattlures

Post by Mattlures »

Thats a good idea George but there were 2 guys who went on thursday that were in the HBC and they both got rejected and now they cant bring their boats back untill after the tournament. Going early and getting your boat tagged was a great idea but now its too late. If you get rejected your SOL. I wet vaced my boat the day before and I could not find a single drop. when I got to the gates I checked again and sure enough there was more water.
I bet they rent out all thier boats to the guys who show up and cant launch. I hope eveybody gets to fish but I have my doubts.
premium swimbaits for trophy bass
www.mattlures.com
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The guys were mad! and cussing out the staff.
Feel their pain. Thats why DVL is no. 1
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

I've said it before (back when Casitas was the rage) and I'll say it again - TRAVEL TO THE INSPECTION WITH TOWELS IN YOUR LIVEWELLS! Fill your livewells up with towels, and when you get close pull over and double-check your bilge drain.

Stuff a small towel in the bilge drain also, leaving a small tag end hanging out so you can remove it, then you shouldn't have anything to deal with when you get to the inspection.

Clean and dry is CLEAN and DRY! Sucks, but it is what it is and that's the way it is now days. Bitching, moaning or fighting with the lake or inspection staff will get you nowhere good, as we already found out at Casitas. Don't let the past repeat itself.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
lobinaloca

Post by lobinaloca »

It's better to check elsewhere, a few miles before the gates. I always checked at the gate and the last time I was told the following, "eye in the sky said you were checking your livewells at the gates, so we were told to take the extra effort to look for water." Towels in livewell did'nt help much, I should have taken a little more effort to assure I was dry. It's frustrating, but you can't get mad at the staff for doing their job.