attn. moderators!! how about a tournament section?

bigdaddys

attn. moderators!! how about a tournament section?

Post by bigdaddys »

i belong to another forum, azbilliards, and they have a tourney announcement section. i would like to see one here. if you all agree please stand up and say I!! LOL thanks, kevin mcclain
530-329-1373
whazup

Re: attn. moderators!! how about a tournament section?

Post by whazup »

+1
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

I would love to see a tournament calendar..... :!:
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
hippie

Post by hippie »

go buy a calander and right down all the tournaments you like on it. every org has there tournies on there web sites. this forumn is mostly viewed by some type of tournament angler from club to pro ams so this is a tournament section.I think they should have a kill yourself section
buzzfish

Post by buzzfish »

I like this idea. I don't mind checking out what tournies are around but frankly cannot fish any of them due to lack of a boat, lack of money, and/or lack of time. It would be nice to see the other posts about euipment, technique, and stuff like that separately.

A calendar would be cool too. Sure I (and many others) could pick up a paper calendar and visit a bunch of sites to populate it but why have everyone replicate the effort? Maybe set it up so that only register tournament groups can update it.
ASD

Post by ASD »

Do you know how many turnys their are on any given fri sat sun it's just about 1 and sometimes 2 on any "BASS" lake and well for the delta to many to count. So it would be real hard to make a list that would not be pages long. An would you want the club stuff on it to??????????????? but if you want a list that's a little hard to read DFG has it as you need to get a "permit" from them to have a turny but they do not have a list for the turky shoots :wink:
bigdaddys

Post by bigdaddys »

hippie wrote:go buy a calander and right down all the tournaments you like on it. every org has there tournies on there web sites. this forumn is mostly viewed by some type of tournament angler from club to pro ams so this is a tournament section.I think they should have a kill yourself section
maybe your missing what i mean, i do fish a cuicuit, and i know when my tourneys are....but at my last event, at oroville sunday, chico bass was handing out flyers for their invitational. i also know Y.C. BASS BUSTERS is having a tourney in may,it would be nice to see turkey shoots, invitationals, ect......someplace on here where we could see whats coming up this weekend, or next and so on...
how many times do you see on here" so and so tourney this saturday" would be nice to see a section dedicated to that.

oh and by the way hippie, i would never kill myself, to much fishin left to do!
530-329-1373
bigdaddys

Post by bigdaddys »

ASD wrote:Do you know how many turnys their are on any given fri sat sun it's just about 1 and sometimes 2 on any "BASS" lake and well for the delta to many to count. So it would be real hard to make a list that would not be pages long. An would you want the club stuff on it to??????????????? but if you want a list that's a little hard to read DFG has it as you need to get a "permit" from them to have a turny but they do not have a list for the turky shoots :wink:
im not asking the mods to make a list, just a section for individuals to list their upcoming tourneys. would be nice for advertising tourneys, and easier for us that would like to fish an extra on an open weekend.
530-329-1373
Jim Moulton

Post by Jim Moulton »

I like the idea! I think tunaman should look up all the tournaments and post them for us :lol:
www.teamccmarine.com
C & C Marine
Modesto Ca
209-526-4120
Ranger Boats
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Jim Moulton wrote:I like the idea! I think tunaman should look up all the tournaments and post them for us :lol:
Good one Jim, Tunaman is my vote too!! :P :twisted: :P :twisted:
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

KIrk & Todd could help Tunaman so they could input some of the southern stuff. That would give them something to do while sitting on the couch.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
Stretch1

Post by Stretch1 »

Guys we already have this...Bass Anglers Guide...Mark has done all the work and has this publication...get it sent straight to your house :D
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Stretch1 wrote:Guys we already have this...Bass Anglers Guide...Mark has done all the work and has this publication...get it sent straight to your house :D
True!!!!!!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Jim Moulton

Post by Jim Moulton »

Stretch 1 Wrote

Guys we already have this...Bass Anglers Guide...Mark has done all the work and has this publication...get it sent straight to your house
Thats good! then that will make it easy on Tunaman!
www.teamccmarine.com
C & C Marine
Modesto Ca
209-526-4120
Ranger Boats
kmurphy

Post by kmurphy »

You might want to check out this link on the DFG web page:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Administrati ... ingContest

It contains a link to permitted contests and can be modified to query for specific water, organization, and start and end date.

Good Fish'N,

Kyle
><((((º>`·.̧.·́̄`·...̧><((((º>̧. ·́̄`·...̧><((((º> ·́̄`·.̧. , .. ><((((º>`·.̧̧.·́̄`·...̧><((((º>
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Great link Kyle. Thanks.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY