Sea Lion Question

DaLa

Sea Lion Question

Post by DaLa »

I am curious as to what to think about the sea lions I keep seeing. Will they scare any fish in the area away and should I leave the area? or are they a good sign? I can't tell by what I am catching or not catching (pattern), as I am still learning fishing on the delta and working with tidal fluctuations.

Thanks in advance.
captjohn

Re: Sea Lion Question

Post by captjohn »

Seals suck we should kill them all. Cant be good for fishing of any kind.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Well when you see a sea lion working it means there are fish nearby, but they are activley feeding it typically kills the bite as the fish get to scamperin. F%^&ing never fails to find a school of active fish and have the bite fall off cause a seal runs in :twisted:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Mike

Post by Mike »

The limit is 5......
OG on WB since 1993
luvmystratos

Post by luvmystratos »

What really makes it bad is the DFG or the Local Authorities will cite you if you cause those nasty suckers any harm. Look at that guy who wounded the one seal on the Delta. He now has a Felony on his record and did some jail time and the DFG took the Seal out of the area, healed him and will set it free in the Ocean.

Why can't they do something to keep them in the Ocean and not in the Delta waters? If we shoot at them we get in trouble; meanwhile they ruin our fishing holes. When I see one on those Bouy's they look as if they are laughing at us with their Bellies full!

Last year one guy put an end to Sir Willie (Big Seal) by blowing his head off and leaving the remains on the rocks just outside of the Slough in Disappointment. This Seal was having a ball earlier in the week with a Bass that looked like it weighed 8lbs or better and throwing it around for about a half hour, then finally took one bite out of it and left the remains in the water. What a waste!!
Life is short enjoy each and everyday!
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Mike wrote:The limit is 5......
You sure it's not 6? :D
Andrew Jackson

Re: Sea Lion Question*NM*

Post by Andrew Jackson »

*NM*
Last edited by Andrew Jackson on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bustout

Post by bustout »

I was out bait fishing for striper last winter and saw a large seal hangin around the boat. There were 4 of us and 1 had about a 10 lber on. The seal took the fish and thrashed it about within our sight. Then we had 3 simultaneous hookups.....3 fish between 10-15lb. We landed the 3 and then casted out. A few minutes later we had 2 more on in that 10-15lb range. Landed those 2 also. I think keeping the seal occupied w/ the fish he took prevented him from wanting any of the others. But, the fish still bit with him around....
DaLa

Post by DaLa »

I appreciate the responses. thanks
Brian

Post by Brian »

Andrew Jackson wrote: You would probably bitch if we went back to catch and keep bass tournaments...
I KNOW THAT I WOULD BITCH IF THEY WERE CATCH AND KEEP TOURNEYS........... WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THAT?

AND

I SAY IF THEY COME PAST ANTIOCH BRIDGE (EAST) THEY SHOULD BE SHOT.......... THEY CAN FIND PLENTY OF SALT WATER FISH TO EAT.........
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Brian

Post by Brian »

ON SECOND THOUGHT, MAKE THAT THE CARQUINEZ BRIDGE, KEEP THEM OUT OF SHERMAN TOO........
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

Nothin' a little medicine can't cure. The sea lions need to go back to sea where the sharks can feed on em'.
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
Andrew Jackson

Re: Sea Lion Question*NM*

Post by Andrew Jackson »

*NM*
Last edited by Andrew Jackson on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

Don't forget the River Otters on Clear Lake too BAD NEWS ..trans port em to the bank..
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
Mike

Post by Mike »

OG on WB since 1993
kmurphy

Post by kmurphy »

I like fishing around the sea lions. You got to fish with the 'BEST' to be the 'BEST' :lol:
><((((º>`·.̧.·́̄`·...̧><((((º>̧. ·́̄`·...̧><((((º> ·́̄`·.̧. , .. ><((((º>`·.̧̧.·́̄`·...̧><((((º>
Melones_IS_Mine

Post by Melones_IS_Mine »

It's too bad we can't let the DNR out east borrow the sea lions for a while. I'm sure they would do some damage to the Asian Big Head Carp that's killing the fisheries out there.