Loud bilge pump ?

DB

Loud bilge pump ?

Post by DB »

Recently my bilge pump started making loud noises - like something is stuck inside of it. Is there a way to clear the pump of debris? I am sure this has happened to many of you out there. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Bob
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Re: Loud bilge pump ?

Post by blkdog812 »

try back flushing with garden hose through the livewell. if its making noise, the pump is probly going out.
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

They're easy to remove to check if there's something clogging it or stuck in it.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DL

Post by DL »

DB wrote:Recently my bilge pump started making loud noises - like something is stuck inside of it. Is there a way to clear the pump of debris? I am sure this has happened to many of you out there. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Bob
It's probably a lime from your spilled cubia :lol:
"Feel the steel"
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Bob,

They are easy to check, and my guess is that the motor is failing. The cartridge twists off and the top part is the motor, you can look down in the cartridge to see if there is debris, if you really want you can run an air hose down line to see if there are clogs...but I doubt it. I new motor is about 30.00, check the cartridge for cracks to ensure its not leaking, new cartridge and motor is 50 replacement is about 5 minutes if its the motor about 20 minutes if its the cartridge.
DB

Post by DB »

DL wrote:
DB wrote:Recently my bilge pump started making loud noises - like something is stuck inside of it. Is there a way to clear the pump of debris? I am sure this has happened to many of you out there. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Bob
It's probably a lime from your spilled cubia :lol:
DL, your might be right, we did just get back from a camping trip to Havasu...