2010 Nitro Z-7 opinions please

XMAN

2010 Nitro Z-7 opinions please

Post by XMAN »

i have for awhile been looking for a boat in the range of 15k-20k---ranger preferred,,but i am seeing the prices of these new z-7s at about 27k out the door with a 5yr motor warrantys,,i dont need a bass boat shootout,,if ya got one of these, what are your likes and dislikes,,speed is not my concern,,the boat should be pretty steady when flippin,,years ago these were questionable and entry level, but they sure have changed abit, hopfully for the better,,,thx for your thoughts---XMAN
dtacker

Re: 2010 Nitro Z-7 opinions please

Post by dtacker »

My advice is go down to Gone Fishin Marine in Dixon and talk with Luke. I have heard nothing but good things about this boat and the 2009's were great. They've added an inch to the boat and I believe made it wider, haven't been in a 2010 yet. Also I think Paul Bailey was fishing out of this boat, I'm not sure if he still is maybe he could give his opinion. As far as stability this boat is gonna have it, front decks are wide as could be.
Good luck!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

For the money, that is a solid boat. The fishing platform is pretty wide and stable. I've been in two of these recently and I was impressed.
NitroSport

Post by NitroSport »

Was actually at GFM yesterday talking to Luke about that boat. It's basically a shrunken down Z-9, with a huge front deck, the rapid planing hull and same consoles. Sounds like for a limited time they can get you an excellent price for a '10 with a bunch of great components including a 150 Opti. If you're at all interested go in there & check one out. If I heard him right, it's a pretty amazing deal.
XMAN

Post by XMAN »

i went to bass boat central and theres quite a bit of talk on that z-7,,mostly good,,i may head up to gfm next week to check-em out real good,,that 5 yr motor means everything and is why i'm real hesitant on going used,,i'll go to nada and figure how much i'll lose in 5 yrs at a used price on a comparable z-7 type if i chose to sell it and buy another one,,thx for the comments guys----XMAN
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

I have also been considering this boat.. My step dad says when he buys a new Ranger he will give me his 99 519 DVS Camanche, I don;t have time to wait tho.. Nice looking boat for the price.
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
ASD

Post by ASD »

XMAN you shouls also look at a nitro X5 their 20k otd with a 115 merc and come with the 5 year motor warrantys
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Hit up littlebailey... Paul has been running one for quite some time and is probably a real good reference since he has spent so much time in his under many conditions and locations.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
CN

Post by CN »

Whatever you do if you can go buy a brand new one. Like you stated you know the Motor is new and that's where the term "break out another thousand" came from :shock: Keep it serviced and dont run it wide open all the time and these thing's will last 15 year's or more.

And nothing wrong with a Nitro.