Rago BV 3D problems?

WildDog3

Rago BV 3D problems?

Post by WildDog3 »

Anyone else have problems with the line through ripping right away? The plastic is really soft with no insert to protect the plastic from ripping from the weight to the hole in the nose of the bait. I've had 2 rip within a few casts. Had to mend it then insert a small coffee straw and superglue it in. Very disappointing
Doug Warren

Re: Rago BV 3D problems?

Post by Doug Warren »

Maybe thats why BV had 4 rods rigged on his deck?
Rich hamilton

Re: Rago BV 3D problems?*NM*

Post by Rich hamilton »

*NM*
Last edited by Rich hamilton on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
offduty

Post by offduty »

I got 3 I have been saving for Clear lake, I hope that is not the case with all of them. I do know Jerry has excellent customer service, get a hold of him I am sure he will make it right.

Rich
Steve

Post by Steve »

offduty wrote:I do know Jerry has excellent customer service

Rich
:shock:
texas john

Post by texas john »

I would suggest next time you have a problem to contact the company before you just publically bash them. Im sure Rago would have fixed this issue with you if you would have talked to him about it...... :roll:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/jtrtexca/usmcsealani.gif[/img]
www.johnrector.yolasite.com
www.pepperjigs.com
snapitoff2002

Post by snapitoff2002 »

No bashing here.. The bait is badass.. but I would suggest some superglue on each end before going out there and throwing it.
Josh Palmer

"Champions keep playing till they get it right"
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I dont hear bashing I hear a question of is this happening to anyone else or was it just my batch of baits? The same type of questions came up when the BBZ came out...not good, not bad just looking for information.

So now we know that there were some identified issues with the weight system that the designer recognized and the bait has been modified and the problem resolved. Contact the designer if you have one of the baits that had the issue and he will make it right.

Sounds like a positive thread to me
some guy

Post by some guy »

ash wrote:I dont hear bashing I hear a question of is this happening to anyone else or was it just my batch of baits? The same type of questions came up when the BBZ came out...not good, not bad just looking for information.

So now we know that there were some identified issues with the weight system that the designer recognized and the bait has been modified and the problem resolved. Contact the designer if you have one of the baits that had the issue and he will make it right.

Sounds like a positive thread to me

depends if your glass is half full or half empty. :lol:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

The guy is asking an honest question about the bait, he is not bashing anything. Seems to me the only bashing here is some of you bashing this guy for posting his experience and asking a simple question. Lighten up people.
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

Tin Can wrote:The guy is asking an honest question about the bait, he is not bashing anything. Seems to me the only bashing here is some of you bashing this guy for posting his experience and asking a simple question. Lighten up people.
I agree...
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
gofish42189

Post by gofish42189 »

Rod Wynn wrote:
Tin Can wrote:The guy is asking an honest question about the bait, he is not bashing anything. Seems to me the only bashing here is some of you bashing this guy for posting his experience and asking a simple question. Lighten up people.
I agree...
+1
whazup

Post by whazup »

Personally, I am glad to read reports on problems with baits, reels, boats, etc. I want to be an informed consumer. If someone posts a problem, and others report their happiness with that product, that is informative as well. I just don't get the attacks on someone who asks a legitimate question re their experience with a product.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
offduty

Post by offduty »

I have had Jerry make good on baits that have had small problems before. I probably have 70 of his baits and had only had a couple small issues. I dropped the baits off at Eric's tackle and Eric sent them to Jerry and they came back good to go. Check Jerry's website and you will find an address to send baits too in Bishop.

Rich
Rich hamilton

*NM*

Post by Rich hamilton »

*NM*
Last edited by Rich hamilton on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
BuckSnort

Post by BuckSnort »

Holy sheet you guys will argue about anything....Damn ! :roll:
DBASSKING

Post by DBASSKING »

HE ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION COME GUY'S!
2ndsuks

Post by 2ndsuks »

The first run of BV3D's were made with Osprey inserts Due to the high demand for the baits and the lack of time to get them out, the first run of BV3D's were made with Osprey inserts.

The weights still don't come out easily but, they can come out.
All of them after the first few dozen have a new "Rago" insert with bigger flanges that will not pull out as easy as the ones you have.

If you have a problem - send it to Jerry - he'll take care of you.
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Rich hamilton wrote: When a person makes the statement "VERY DISAPPOINTING" it leads me to believe the product is very screwed up... What does it lead u to believe?

Wake up people!
He is allowed to be dissapointed in a bait, I don't care if god himself hand crafted the thing. He didn't even bash the company or the bait at all, he asked if what he experienced was to be expected. That is an honest question. The guys bashing this guy for asking a question are the ones who need to wake up.
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

Drama Queens :roll:
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Tin can-

I have PM'd my personal number, please call and discuss this like a mature adult.

Thanks, Rich Hamilton
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

No thanks bud, it's not that important to me.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Tin Can wrote:No thanks bud, it's not that important to me.

PU$$Y
OG on WB since 1993
robertthornton

Post by robertthornton »

Rich hamilton wrote:Tin can-

I have PM'd my personal number, please call and discuss this like a mature adult.

Thanks, Rich Hamilton
Dude you guys crack me up. Who FN cares. Like who realy reads these posts anyway. the same 200 guys who have their mind made up alredy on what to buy and what not to buy. Give it a rest.