Silverwood

BIG L

Silverwood

Post by BIG L »

Rob were you and Pat D'QD last week at the wood for fishing to far from Perris. I didn't see your name in the standings this week.I thought you were in top 5.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Re: Silverwood

Post by macinckirk »

no that was me in the top 5
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
some guy

Post by some guy »

wasnt there only 6 boats? :lol:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

I think it was 3 :shock: j/k not really sure but I think it was around 10
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

i was at the house drinking beer and BBQ by noon :wink:
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Rob and Pat did fish.They had to leave early because of Flash Burns from Larry's legs! :lol: We have been working with Craig to fix the problems with our site.Thanks again,Craig!Looks like we have fixed everything except the Feb. 27th. Pic.s but will have those up later.So pic.s and correct standings are up Now!We had 12 boats at the last Tourney and are expecting more for last Tourney of the season.Thanks again for being Patient with us!Johnny Rotten,you are Killing Me!LOL!!!!
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

Todd, good job getting this straightened out so fast, I was just curious what had happened. Why did you leave so early Kirk, was it to nice a day for the wood no rain/no snow/no hail/ no wind,didn't seem like the wood did it.Rob are you and Pat going to Castaic Sat?
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

I was in need of some R&R :wink:

and if you need to know the truth I was not getting any bites, when I pulled up on that 1st point spot and was thinking this is going to be a good day 8) well on the 4th or 5th cast with a d/s after throwing a crank on it about 40 times :shock: I get hit.

and I'm thinking ok its going to be on :idea: well I work this fish to the boat to see a Black fish that has a trap in its mouth that is broke off and my d/s hook is hooked into the eye of the back hook :shock:

well that was the only bite I had. then Aaron shows up wife the family and after we talk for a min he asks can he pull in, in front of me and I say yes :wink: 4th cast he's hooked up and I just said this isn't my day and went home to have a cold one :wink:

then it started to become my day :lol:
sgvangler

Post by sgvangler »

Black fish with a trap in it's mouth.........that's a winner!! :lol: :lol:

I bet a whole lot has changed up there in the last 2 days.
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

Kirk I don't think the fish was trying to eat the worm, I think it was trying to get away because that color scared it and it got hooked on the plug. Where is Buckbass this week, maybe still trying to get use to some normal weather. Maybe I'll see you out there this week, thinking about doing my first prefish this year. What days are the lake closed or did they lift the closure?
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
sgvangler

Post by sgvangler »

Open 7 days
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

I know alot has changed for me I have had the best few days I have had on that lake in some time, i'll go out on the egde and say its going to take 16lbs plus to win the next aba trny there
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

BIG L wrote: Maybe I'll see you out there this week, thinking about doing my first prefish this year.
Big L if your going to see me next week MAYBE it should be on the ramp again since it looks like I was ur good luck charm :wink: you know I talk to u guys on the ramp u win :P

I've got a bad week with 2 doc appts with dad, mon and thurs and on tues I have to get my lower unit replaced so I'll be on the water but it will be hit and miss

but will see u for sure at the next aba trny, i guess if I get my days right with slim d*ck :wink:
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

Big L my eyes have finaly quiet hurting from the glare so I know I'll see you next week at the Wood. I'm with you Kurt on what it will take to win up there next week. So Big L you going down then Big Stick going to do a job then.
bump

Post by bump »

Yep, Thats right Big L You need to keep an eye out for the sleeper team of Bigstick Bill and Net @#$% Pat

Are you ready to rumble
When I grow up I want to be just like buckbass
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

looks like I'll be there everyday next week for a hr or 2
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

Looks like it won't help because the tournament has been cancelled by the dept of fish and game and the permit has been cancelled. Seems as though one of the anglers dumped his fish and wouldn't let fish and game clip the fin. They may not let us have the last tournament this year. By the way Buckbass I wore shorts at castaic today at ABA tournament, thats were we were told about silverwoods tournament, they were just told yesterday.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
Rob Dickson

Post by Rob Dickson »

why do we need to give our fish to the dfg. What if I want to take them home and throw them on the grill. Total bs. I dont blame the angler one bit. We caught the fish, it should be our choice what to do with them. I guess Todd saved some money on steaks. :lol:
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

The guy that wouldn't give his fish to DFG told me after weighin that they told him that next time they would write him for not giving them the fish and disreguard of DFG authority or something simular to that.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
J. AKINS

Post by J. AKINS »

So is the tourny cancelled this weekend or what?
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

As of yesterday 4/24/2010 Craig told us at theCastaic tournament that the Silverwood tournment was cancelled due to the reasons I said in an earlier post. Call the ABA office if you wish, I was just repeating what Craig & Jason said.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

Todd have you heard what is going on? Inquiring minds want to know. As Hippie would say CLOSE IT.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

I seen Mo and Todd yesterday on the wood didn't talk but for a sec I was going to go back and talk to them but I got a call and had to leave. But he didn't say a wood about this to me

I'd like to know also :?: h*ll i'm going to havasu anyways :wink:
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Nice attitude guys... you realize that they are sworn officers and have the authority, right???

If they order you to give up your fish, you are pretty much obligated to do so whether you like it or not. You could protest their actions through their department, but you are legally responsible to comply.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

I see it's been rescheduled to 9/18/2010. I'll be 66 by then, hope I can still fish.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

OK youngster
jamescaird

Post by jamescaird »

tunaman wrote:Nice attitude guys... you realize that they are sworn officers and have the authority, right???

If they order you to give up your fish, you are pretty much obligated to do so whether you like it or not. You could protest their actions through their department, but you are legally responsible to comply.

Roger
Really? You are legally responsible to comply with ANYTHING a sworn officer orders??
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

Without taking sides, or determining fairness in this particular case, note that California is one of only 12 states in the whole U.S. that has "right to fish" law. However, no state considers tournament fishing a "right," so tournament anglers/organizations are entirely subject to the governing authority.

gk

www.kramergonefishing.com
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

jamescaird wrote:Really? You are legally responsible to comply with ANYTHING a sworn officer orders??
Well, pretty much... they have the authority and just like other peace officers they have a pretty wide swath of jurisdiction and lattitude when it comes to us normal citizens:
DFG Wardens are armed state law enforcement officers. They enforce California state laws related to hunting, fishing, pollution, endangered species, and wildlife habitat destruction. Vehicles DFG Wardens use range from the patrol pickup to boats, catamarans, four-wheelers, snow-mobiles, horses, helicopters, and planes. The wardens investigate, collect evidence, serve search warrants, arrest criminals, and ensure public safety. CDFG Wardens patrol the state of California and 200 miles (320 km) off the coast.
As with a rogue cop who you feel is out of line, you comply with their orders as completely as you can, get their badge number, and report them to their superiors... being a sworn officer you are bound to obey their instructions, within reason.

And related to this particular situation, most of them have more fishery and/or marine biology expertise than most anglers, and know pretty well what they are doing regarding managing the resource. Fin clipping is a common practice as anyone who has participated in an electroshock survey can attest, and clipping a pectoral fin has no adverse impact to the subject. I've participated with Mike Giusti and Quinn Granfors on Lake Perris and Diamond Valley on several occassions and can tell you those guys know and care more for the fish than most.

Different strokes...

Roger
hippie

Post by hippie »

I think as a result they should drain silverwood, expand Perris and put all the water in Dv and perris. Call it bye bye fire, storm watch lake.