Boat Cleaner/Wax Brands

bassrockstar

Boat Cleaner/Wax Brands

Post by bassrockstar »

I have been using a brand for the last few years that worked really good but can't find it anymore. What types? Brands? have you all been using to wipe down and wax your boat?
scottsweet

Re: Boat Cleaner/Wax Brands

Post by scottsweet »

There is a new brand in the Socal area that has become quite popular. It is called Peregrine 250.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
Charles

Post by Charles »

I use Protect All. Its sold at Wal Mart and Camping World. Its got all the UV protectants and a light wax. I use it after each outing. My 2005 still has a showroom finish and water beads off.
BassnReed

Post by BassnReed »

The Peregrine Products are second to none IMO. The Peregrine 250 also kills Quagga Mussels which seem to be a real pain these days.
They also have a couple of other products;
Water Dog which removes those hard water deposits that we all have from time to time.
Eagle Eye which is a product to clean your graph screen.
All perform flawlessly....
KReed
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Perigrine is the only way to go. The Hook now stocks it costs less than alot of other products and works awesome. I used the Water Dog at mead...and even with the nasty water spots the desert lakes leave, it took them off the motor the first time, and off the boat with a couple of applications in the really bad areas.
The cleaner wax seems to work really well too.

I still think the best thing is to apply a good wax to the boat and motor the old fashion way with a pad and elbow grease about every 4 months. Then wiper down every trip with the cleaner wax and water dog if necessary for water spots.

I am not sponsored by Perigrine but just think it works awesome.

Smitty[/b]
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

BassnReed wrote:The Peregrine Products are second to none IMO. The Peregrine 250 also kills Quagga Mussels which seem to be a real pain these days.
Water Dog which removes those hard water deposits that we all have from time to time.
Actually, according to the label, Water Dog kills quagga mussels. There is no mention of killing quaggas on the Peregrine 250 cleaner / protectant bottle, but all the peregrine products work great.
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

Charles wrote:I use Protect All. Its sold at Wal Mart and Camping World. Its got all the UV protectants and a light wax. I use it after each outing. My 2005 still has a showroom finish and water beads off.
Protect All for me too!!!! 2004 BassCat looks brand new still!!!!!
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

I have done a ton of detail work in my lifetime and I am emphatic about my boat. My last Champion looked brand new after ten years. I first used pure carnauba, but it didn't last. So, I switched to Meguires cleaner wax because it is less expensive and lasted longer. But, the cleaner wax will build up in the gel coat pores and cause hazing. I then switched to wiping down my boat with a wet rag and spray cleaner/wax after every day on the water. I found that this isn't that great at preventing or removing the hard water spots caused by the Colorado lakes. Fortunately, I found a new product called Bow to Stern (BTS). It is a non-wax protectant that is made for gel coats and anything else you want to put it on. It protects better, lasts longer, and is easier to use than any product that I know of. Make sure you clean your boat thoroughly to start with a clean slate. Spray the BTS onto a wet towel and wipe down a small area. While still wet, remove the moisture with a clean dry towel. You'll love it! Don't let the price scare you because a little goes a long way. You should never have to use harsh cleaners again if used regularly.
BassnReed

Post by BassnReed »

bryanmc wrote:
BassnReed wrote:The Peregrine Products are second to none IMO. The Peregrine 250 also kills Quagga Mussels which seem to be a real pain these days.
Actually, according to the label, Water Dog kills quagga mussels. There is no mention of killing quaggas on the Peregrine 250 cleaner / protectant bottle, but all the peregrine products work great.
Actually it is the Water Dog that protects against Quagga Mussels. My mistake
KReed
Vernonn

Post by Vernonn »

I use Protect All on the Gelcoat as well as the seats, dash and other plastics. Works on the motor cowling, and the trailer. I've used it on the turn signal covers to keep it shiny. I think the UV protection is good for all plastics.
http://www.protectall.com/boat.aspx
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

Phillips pink stuff here is the website it can be purchased in so cal at a lot of dealerships. its fantastic. good luck. Scott
http://www.performancetackle.com/boat-m ... er-p1.html
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
steve black

Post by steve black »

scottsweet wrote:
There is a new brand in the Socal area that has become quite popular. It is called Peregrine 250.
Scott,I live here in Merced do you know of any where close I can find this product, any info would be helpful Thanks Steve B

Post by krpierce »

I use Restore Boat Cleaner & Polish. Works great and smells good!! Hard to find though, I had to order from Larsen Sales on line.
Kenny Pierce
Team Davies

Post by Team Davies »

Peregrine 250 is the best I have used. Water Dog for the hard water spots and Eagle Eye for glasses and graphs.
Steve Perkins

Post by Steve Perkins »

bassrockstar wrote:I have been using a brand for the last few years that worked really good but can't find it anymore. What types? Brands? have you all been using to wipe down and wax your boat?
I have been using Bass Boat Saver for many years now, just spray it on and wipe it off, It cleans shines and offers UV protection

http://www.bassboatsaver.com/

If you like to wipe down at the ramp this works great, I usually just do it at home.

Steve Perkins
John 14:6

Clear Lake Fishing Guide
https://steveperkinsfishing.com/
Norv

Post by Norv »

Steve,

You can order Peregrine 250, Water Dog and Eagle Eye directly at www.peregrine250.com.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union
steve black

Post by steve black »

Thanks Norv
AmadorBasser

Post by AmadorBasser »

Hey all-

I co-own a small company called Kick Bass. We manufacture boat cleaners specifically designed for our type of cleaning. I'd be happy to send some samples if you'd like to try.

The cleaners are low or zero VOC, and safe for the environment. We have been sponsoring some AC, CBAF and other smaller tournaments and the response has been great.

Send me an e-mail or message if you'd like small kit, no charge.

Regards,

Chris Larson
Kick Bass Jelly/Attractant Removers, Boat Cleaners, and Apparel!
www.kickbass.webs.com
mojobassin

Post by mojobassin »

Steve Perkins wrote:
bassrockstar wrote:I have been using a brand for the last few years that worked really good but can't find it anymore. What types? Brands? have you all been using to wipe down and wax your boat?
I have been using Bass Boat Saver for many years now, just spray it on and wipe it off, It cleans shines and offers UV protection

http://www.bassboatsaver.com/

If you like to wipe down at the ramp this works great, I usually just do it at home.

Steve Perkins
+1
Derrek Stewart

Post by Derrek Stewart »

Peregrine products are the best. There are a lot of products and methods on the market, try them all. Test them out for yourself and you will have your answer and you too will know what most here are saying, Peregrine is superior.

Exceptional products and a great price. If you see me at the lake come up and say hello and I will let you sample my Peregrine products.

Peregrine 250 a general purpose cleaner and wax. As it cleans surfaces it provides a coating for future dirt, hard water, grime and filth to sit atop and become even easier to clean the next time. It is also a U V inhibitor.

Water Dog is a hard water spot remover. Works great on engine cowlings and hard to clean areas. As stated it is toxic to the Quagga, use it in your live wells. It also does an excellent job on chrome.

Eagle Eye is an electronic screen cleaner; sonar screens, fishing glasses, computer screens, GPS screens, television screens including your plasma, glass and eye glasses will all benefit from Eagle Eye. Oh yeah if your DVD is not playing right or your CD is skipping most times a little Eagle Eye is all you need.

All these products Peregrine 250, Water Dog, Eagle Eye work best with a micro fiber towel and are safe for your boat wrap.

I was first introduced to Peregrine 250 products at a local tournament. Prior to Peregrine I have tried many other products on the market, all with various results, but none compares with Peregrine’s effectiveness and ease. Spray it on and with a microfiber towel wipe and you’re done, all without having to rub hard.

Here is a pictorial demo.

This boat spent eight days in Lake Havasu and the Colorado River without being cleaned
The engine cowling is covered with hard water spots
The lower unit is a mess
These chrome parts are filthy
Spray on the Peregrine 250
Wipe with the microfiber towel
Hard water spots, no problem just spray on the Water Dog
Look at the build up running down with the spray, no need to rub hard, just wipe it’s that easy
Just like new again
This stuff works
Ready for the Quagga Mussel inspection at the California border crossing

You can reach Peregrine 250 Products, LLC at PO Box 251375 Glendale, CA 91225-1375. Phone 818 967-8170 or fax 818 546-2040. E-mail peregrine250@earthlink.net. Website http://www.peregrine250.com/
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Blame Canada! :lol:
Amazing how clean that boat got. Before and after says it all.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Lea

Post by Lea »

:shock: Holy cow! What's in that water? I thought our tidal rivers were yucky, but they are nothing like that!!
Team Efusjon

Post by Team Efusjon »

If Water Dog kills quagga, let's dump billions of gallons of it into Lake Mead and let it take care of all of them down stream!!
www.myefusjon.com/changeyourlife