New Complainers forum?!?!

Andy Lippert

New Complainers forum?!?!

Post by Andy Lippert »

With all the whining that has been going on in the Bass Fishing forum lately, one would think that this is a women's knitting forum. I'm advocating for a new "Complainers" forum where users can go ahead and bitch, moan, and complain 'till they're blue in the face about anything they want. Maybe sTony and Westernbass can even create a computer program to go along with the forum where with the click of your mouse, you can kick a dog, which will maybe make you feel better?

Anyone else want a new forum, too? haha

Andy
fish_food

Re: New Complainers forum?!?!

Post by fish_food »

Stop complaining and take it to the Complainers' Forum if you don't like it...
Marty

Post by Marty »

Is Andy crying again?
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

I need a tissue Marty...got one to spare? :lol:
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

With all the whining that has been going on in the Bass Fishing forum lately, one would think that this is a women's knitting forum.
Lately?!? Its been like a bunch of spoiled little girls whining for some time now. Long gone are the days of people helping others or any sort of feeling of community. Better to bitch about something, shove your opinion down someones throat cause you already know everything there is to know, or put somebody else down to make yourself feel better - see? I feel better already and I fit right in.
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

good idea. I vote for it.
just shut up and fish
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

I haven't got my new Revo yet BOOOHOOOHOOOO!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'M GOING TO CRY :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
g-man

Post by g-man »

Complainers are fun easy prey... :lol:
100% LL
11InchBeard

Post by 11InchBeard »

What it comes down to is that this forum is a place for pros and tournament fishermen who in most cases own their own boats. Therefore, questions asked by those who are novices or people whose experience level is not that of the majority and who do not own a boat are generally ignored or answered in an oblique manner. This is not a knock on the forum; because it serves those who it caters to, mainly the tournament angler. If you are inexperienced it would behoove you to go to other sites to get your answers. Sites such as: Bassdozer, Bass Resource, Bill Dance and any other site Googled that will get you pointed in the right direction.
Marty

Post by Marty »

11 Inch Beard, sorry I have to disagree with you – I see a lot of new guys come on here and get the help they want. There are a lot of guys out there that want to help and yes there are some that like to have fun at the expense of others but just forget them, they can’t do anything behind a key board, least of all fish!

Now there are times a few guys get on here and know each other and hang out together and slam each other in fun but you learn which one are the friends by reading the posts.

There are a lot of guys that come on here that don’t own a boat, and some even tube or only own a small boat – it does not matter – don’t be shy!

I go to other web sites too – but I use this one too. Just my .00000002 cents
big_limits

Post by big_limits »

so marty ur telling me if someone was having trouble with crankbaits on the delta and asked for help they would get more than... burn a speed trap over the grass on high tide and along the outside of the weed line on outgoing to low... the standard answer. except for cooch. that guy helps people out more than any other poster i've seen
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

big_limits wrote:so marty ur telling me if someone was having trouble with crankbaits on the delta and asked for help they would get more than... burn a speed trap over the grass on high tide and along the outside of the weed line on outgoing to low... the standard answer. except for cooch. that guy helps people out more than any other poster i've seen
I think they would get more then that....i mean come one, they sometimes will get pointed to a certain color, as well as other baits like a lucky craft BDC3 or 4, maybe a strike king series 4s ect, ect
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
big_limits

Post by big_limits »

they were waiting in line to help the guy in this post

http://westernbass.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58292&f=2

there are hundreds more just like it...
Marty

Post by Marty »

big_limits wrote:they were waiting in line to help the guy in this post
http://westernbass.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58292&f=2
there are hundreds more just like it...
Where the heck is LOPEZ, is it a lake or a person? I believe it is down south and a person from the south answered him (who I believe is also from down south). I seen that post but what can a person say it they don’t know. Even Cooch did not give advise on that one. Jig’s may have been the best advise that day.

There are time I seen post asking for advice on water ways that a big tournament is about to happen and a lot of guys will not answer those post – why because it is more then likely one of the competitor trying to open up a conversation to see if he can pick something up.

Then there are questions asking for advice and a person may PM the advice and no one else knows about it.

Then there are a times advice is asked that was just asked a few day ago! That is telling me they did not do a search or someone is just asking the same question again. Why I don’t know but I usually don’t pay attention to those post.

Then there are times advice is asked and a lot of persons are having trouble with the same questions and don’t feel they have the answer to the question.

Then there are the times when others come from other web sites to just cause problems for they can go back and just talk about this web site – not cool.

Grande it there are times no one answers a questions and may not be in the mood (I know I have been that way) but don’t take it personnel. It is not the Web Site fault. It is just the way it when that day.

If fact both web site I visit have been quite for the last couple of months.

It is just a past time to come on here, some just look and some speak up and yes there are some that like to stir the pot.
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

There was a complainers forum on here in the past, it was called southern cal. I'm from SO CA and know all the guys here and it was really good reading for me. You guys up north don't complain enough to keep it going but we will help from the south.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

You know it's been over 32 hours since the I won the new Revo in the guess the weight contest and it's still not on my door step WTF???????? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I wan't it hand delievered now!!!!!!!!!!or I'm going to CRY!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I think the rules might have been made up as this goes along and he gave it to someone else :wink: :wink: BWWWWWAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAAA!!!!!!
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

I have never been to lopez but if it has largemouth and weeds I would throw a frog or a chatterbait right now in shallow water at the south end of the lake on banks that get the most sunlight. If there are smallmouth and spots you can catch them on a shoelace or cigarette butts as they will chew anything you throw at them right now. I hope this helps, Good luck on lopez...
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
g-man

Post by g-man »

Marty wrote:

Now there are times a few guys get on here and know each other and hang out together and slam each other in fun but you learn which one are the friends by reading the posts.

:shock: a few? :lol:

I think Marty summed it up pretty good...
100% LL
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

I almost put one together last night, but figured I'd better check with the boss and get him onboard first! :shock:

I see a bunch of candidate posts, so I think this idea has huge value. :lol:

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
rexford

Post by rexford »

If you do make a new forum make sure you can only post in pink
font.
whazup

Post by whazup »

rexford wrote:If you do make a new forum make sure you can only post in pink
font.
Or yellow......a lot of people would keep quiet if they couldn't hide behind a screen name.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
Brian

Post by Brian »

tunaman wrote:I almost put one together last night, but figured I'd better check with the boss and get him onboard first! :shock:

I see a bunch of candidate posts, so I think this idea has huge value. :lol:

Roger
Roger,

I want to be the Mod of the new room............. 8)
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Brian wrote: Roger,

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
TomAtkeson

Post by TomAtkeson »

I agree, I think a lot of people here get their answers. Most of the time I don't reply just because I have not fished in California on a regular basis in 4 years. However, if it is something I know to be tried and true will always work or is at least a good chance will work I will speak up. Recent events in the Gulf of Mexico have kept me off this and other forums for a couple months but at the least I try when I can. I also do not agree this is a place for tournament pros or boat owners alone. I've met more friends here as a non boater and non pro than anywhere and had lots of trips on the river, Berryessa, Clear Lake and many others because of this forum. Best advice I ever got was when I first started here 6 years ago was on learning to jig fish (or any other technique) was just to go out bring my jig rod and a bag full of jigs and trailers and get ta fishing. Guys got specific enough to tell me colors of jigs when and where to toss em. Yes one of the guys that responded was Cooch but I had replies before his and he was mostly backing those responses up. I don't ask too many questions here anymore but when I do I get good solid answers 90% of the time.
Tom Atkeson
http://www.blackdogbaitco.com
http://www.tylurecustombaits.com
http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com
http://www.youtube.com/ibassfishing
rexford

Post by rexford »

I have been here a long time and it has changed a great deal from
my perspective.

People don't seem to be as tolerant to others position or opinions. An
example being someone keeping a fish for food or a mount. In the
past as today many would prefer catch and release but in the past
they would respect the right of the person to do as they saw best
rather then hate on them.

Also in the past maybe because the internet was new it seemed like
disagreements were dealt with by stepping up and confronting them
rather then waiting until a keyboard was available.

I am not saying its right or wrong but I think its just the way society is
being transformed by the internet. I think if people still had to confront
people face to face they would do so with the required respect.

Just my opinion and you can suck it if you disagree! HAR!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

We had that forum it was called the Lounge.... :twisted:
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

ash wrote:We had that forum it was called the Lounge.... :twisted:
Didn't Homeland Security shut that down?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Riplip

Post by Riplip »

Homeland Security RUNS IT!
If you always do what you did, you will always get what you got!

www.californiaresrvoirlures.com
g-man

Post by g-man »

ash wrote:We had that forum it was called the Lounge.... :twisted:
We took our show on the road! Any good campsites you've been run over at latey Speed bump? :lol:
100% LL
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

~~> http://westernbass.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58564&f=2
DeltaDan wrote:
Brian wrote: Roger,

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )