Anyone else hear....

JustinD

Anyone else hear....

Post by JustinD »

the predation commercials from the South San Joaquin Irrigation District (SSJID)? Basically they are claiming that its not water releases that have killed the salmon/steelhaed populationbut its strped bass predation. UNREAL.
LL South
Cooch

Re: Anyone else hear....

Post by Cooch »

No, what's unreal is that all this time since AB-2336 got voted in, yer just now hearin' about this! If ya spent more time here instead of "swim beach" this wouldnt be so surprising to ya! HAR! HAR! HAR!
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

I heard it on the radio this morning. The only reason I didn't drop the f'bomb was because my boys were in the truck. I like the way it ended......so I should go bassfishing.....or something like that. NICE!!!
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
basstratos

Post by basstratos »

There is a big article in the San Mateo Times newspaper that pretty much blames everything on the stripped bass for the decline in the salmon and smelt situation. They are some suggestions that they should target some areas to eradicate them. The article then says that by sending the water south, it has made the delta water more "freshwater"desirable, thus the boom in LMB fishery.

It doesn't look good for the fisheries in the short and long term. the article also says if it wasn't stripped bass then other predators would still feast on the salmon (they are hinting at the LMB!!) Gotta stop these folks!
GGR

Post by GGR »

What about the "NATIVE" Squaw Fish? They have always been in these waters, even back when the Salmon runs were huge. Those suckers eat everything! but yet.........you NEVER hear any mention of them.

I was messin around this last week in the Stanislaus river with my youngest daughter. There was these little schools of fingerling's coming down the river. My daughter netted a few of them. Not sure what they were? looked like trout or possibly salmon?. As we watched these schools work their way down the river we watched the squaws just working them over. Never saw a bass or striper, plenty, and I mean PLENTY of squaws!

Then again, what do I know. I'm not a "fisheries biologist" LOL! I'm sure low water flows have nothing to do with it. More so the stripers and bass...........not the squaw......that has always been there.

-Greg
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

Well, I must of spent atleast 4 hrs today just reading about Stewart Resnick (Fuji Water, and his 151,000 acrea farm) Roll corporation is controlled by his wife which is know getting sued (Selling water back to the state or a water district at a higher price). The guy has donated monies to every politition including Brown, Feinstein, and threw a party for Obummer including his frick'in water.

Fuji water is from Fuji, yes, but be him getting the water, he paid off the man in control say and he know owns 17 mile long aquafier in which know the people of fuji are getting sick and diseased because of lack of fresh water.

If you don't believe this above, just type in Stewart Resnick in your Search engine and also if you have a account "Facebook"...In Googles he's Ten pages long of bologna and corruption.

Rich
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
Steve

Post by Steve »

Uh yeah, thats it, the decline in salmon/steelhead is because of the stripers. It has nothing to do with that fact that hatcheries truck smolt to the ocean, thus eliminating their ability to find their way home since the homing ability is learned sequentially through time as smolts make their way to the ocean (think about that). It has nothing to do with the fact that hatcheries, being most concerned with meeting their egg quotas, routinely get eggs from other hatcheries in other rivers, then hatch them out in "their" river. It has nothing to do with the fact that hatcheries have altered run timing by meeting their egg quotas by taking eggs from the first returners instead of insuring their quotas are spread among all runs (this is one reason why the spring run Chinook are so screwed up). It has nothing to do with the fact that water use projects have eliminated 95% of spawning habitat, increased water temperatures, and screwed up flows needed by salmon steelhead. It has nothing to do with the fact that CA has an open door policy on immigration, thus adding significantly to the demand for dwindling water supplies; less water=adverse effects to salmon/steelhead. It has nothing to do with the fact that with more people, our waterways become more polluted each day (think in terms of human waste, household cleaners, and anything else we flush down the toilet). It has nothing to do with the fact that agriculture practices add millions of tons of pesticides/herbicides/phosphorus/nitrogen to our waterways, all of which adversely affect and contribute to the decline of salmon/steelhead. Ok, Im done, I could write a book here.
barse41

Post by barse41 »

theres an ad that runs in the modesto bee, with a pic of a largemouth with a big ol hitch in its mouth. paid for by kern county water or some bs
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot