Bass Tackle Depot customer service....

bryanw80

Bass Tackle Depot customer service....

Post by bryanw80 »

I hope this does not get deleted because I am in no way trying to start any problems. I am only explaining my experience so others can take it for that. There was a post:

http://www.westernbass.com/forum/viewto ... +warehouse

it talked about several online tackle shops. The 2 top stores seemed to be Tackle Warehouse and Bass Tackle Depot. I have been purchasing from Tackle Warehouse for several years and have always had excellent service, fast shipping and great prices. I am only 3 hours from TW and they always get my orders to me by the next day. I thought I would give Bass Tackle Depot a try this time since so many people said they were great. Being that they are only 1.5 hours from me I figured the service would be at least as fast as Tackle Warehouse. So I ordered from them on 5/31 and did not receive my order until 6/7? Not only did I receive it over a week later they did not even ship it until 6/4? During the week I was waiting for it I left two messages and 2 email's asking for the tracking number for the package and never received a call or email in return. Then when the package arrives it is missing 5 of the items I ordered (it said they were in stock when I ordered them) with a hand written message stating that they would credit my card back. Another week goes by and I do not get the credit back to my card. So I finally get a hold of them on the phone and they have no idea what I am talking about? They look up my order and sees that the items were not shipped and says they will take care of it, which they finally did. Basically they had terrible customer service and I will never order from them again. I will stick with Tackle Warehouse for all of my orders online. I hope someone from BTD sees this post so that they can make sure this does not happen with other customers.
sTony

Re: Bass Tackle Depot customer service....

Post by sTony »

It won't get deleted and, as such, the folks at BassTackleDepot.com will see it. Got to hear the bad with the good. Hopefully someone will get in touch with you offline. Not that it would change anything but it would be good to follow up.

sTony
rxfish

Post by rxfish »

There may or may not be a logical explanation as to what happened to your order and your case is not the norm for this shop. One would only have to be there on a morning early (as I often am) to see Brent or Paul running around that store like crazy filling just a ton of orders that came in overnite. I work in a store as well (pharmacy) and try as we might we manage to p---- someone off by not getting a prescription approved or ready for them for whatever reason. But bottom line here is you gave them a try and it didn't work for you and you have the other store to fall back on and thats a good thing.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

And yet I am dropping Tackle Warehouse (longer story) as of last week ...Jeez we are a cranky bunch... :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

5/31 was Memorial day weekend, there was a huge sale that started Friday and Sunday/Monday they were closed for the Holiday. Tuesday they started with over 250 orders from the weekend, starting with orders placed on Friday - Saturday etc.. Along with the phone orders and people calling for tracking numbers, if you recieved your order in a week you were doing good. Sorry your customer service wasn't what you wanted, but I know first hand that they try very hard to make your expeirience a good one, I have witnessed this first hand and they try there best to get orders out in a timely manner.
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
DL

Post by DL »

I'm a two store guy. If Rick at Angler's has it, I get it from him...if not, its Tacklewarehouse.
Last edited by DL on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Feel the steel"
jonbass

Post by jonbass »

Hey, You guys should try The Hook Up Tackle. (thehookuptackle.com) They have many baits that are not available at the other stores! Many colors, great service, No sales tax (AZ) and free shipping ! Give Ben a call.
MP

Post by MP »

Here's my short Basstackledepot story from the past 2 weeks.

1st order: Called in to check availability on product I wanted. They confirmed color and product was in and I received it 3 days from purchase. I'm in California and while it wasn't Tackle Warehouse next day style it beats the majority of online options that are out there.

2nd order: Called in to check availability on the same product for two different colors and was given counts of 5 and 8 for each color. This was a physical check and count. I received the order 3 days later. When I opened the package one of the colors on my item was off. I called back to let them know of the mixup and I was told the color I wanted has been out of stock for quite some time. They said they would have more in within a few days. I checked directly with the manufacturer as TW was out of the color as well and they said it wouldn't be in and shipping to dealers again until Mid July. Personally I felt like they grabbed a similar color of the bait I wanted and thought I wouldn't notice. That being said my assumption could be wrong and they might have just made an honest mistake, which happens all the time. They said return it and when it comes in they will issue me a credit. So I'll keep everyone up to date on how that process works with them.

My Thoughts:
Tackle Warehouse is the absolute best in the industry at what they do. I think most of these other shops are good people and mean well. My problem with BTD is I know I have to call and get a physical check on inventory because their website doesn't accurately reflect inventory counts of what is in stock. I just think Tackle Warehouse has it down to a science thanks to their experience with other sport related warehouse themes that they launched well before TW. The live inventory counts that their website and store inventory runs off is fantastic. Throw in the quick turn around times (usually 1 day inside CA) and it's practically unbeatable. The biggest challenge that I think other tackle web stores need to overcome is getting a reliable inventory management system that communicates between their web store and physical store sales.

It is important to try out some of these other stores and go to them every now and then though. The competition helps everyone of them grow and improve upon their business practices including TW. My one gripe is that I'm in CA so I have to pay the taxes. I'll keep an eye on that Hook up tackle recommendation in AZ. Big thanks to all of the online stores for the routine holiday discounts as well. Very cool of them to do considering they work off of 30-35% margins in many instances.
stebor

Post by stebor »

You just can't beat The Hook Up Tackle in Arizona. Fast shipping and no sales tax for California anglers. Customer service is there number one priority. Ben and John are the best, if they don't have it, they will get it for you.
Give them a try!

Post by Guest »

Also for fast shipping look at www.outdoorproshop.com
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

mmarkinma55 wrote:Also for fast shipping look at www.outdoorproshop.com
Is this who you buy your jigs through Mark :?:

Post by Guest »

Ash tell me when is the last time i bought jigs from anybody ??? I retired And yes OUTDOORPROSHOP service is very good.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I am sorry but I had the same problem with Tackle warehouse....item shipped was not what I ordered and another color substituted...as it was explained to me that manufactuerer sometimes changes the colors.....Not what I wanted...I wanted what was in the picture....That's when the fireworks started and I returned the baits. Hard to shop online but when your in a geographical phenomenon like Ojai ( 3 days from anywhere) Ya just have to plan better. Sure I turn into a raving As$HOle when I'm talked to like I'm ten years old and it get's worse when a simple answer to a question takes 3 people. We all have choices we can make that will effect these outcomes. I choose to go elsewhere with my dough at this time. Is one company better than another...Guess it depends on your personal experience and what you define as better... :?
LET'S GO BRANDON
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

I feel your pain, but really, it's not just BTD. I have used all of the aforementioned and have had an issue here and there with each over the years. Be it BTD, TW, Monster Tackle, Hi's Tackle, etc etc etc, and they've all gone out of their way to make it right when brought to their attention.

Sure, I can expect perfection but reality says that just isn't going to be the case, EVER, with anyone. Personally, how an issue is handled once it does occur is what is most important to me.

Those retailers who"get it", realize that a problem is just another opportunity, and they'll go out of their way to make it right. Those who don't will simply be left behind. That simple.

My .02

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Exactly Dan....dead on observations...an opportunity. You can make or brake it right there.
LET'S GO BRANDON
FWebb

Post by FWebb »

Another vote here for www.thehookuptackle.com excellent customer service, great prices and tons of specialty tackle not found in other stores. They are also very easy to get in touch with if there were ever any questions about your order...
fishbonz412

Post by fishbonz412 »

I'll tell my good story on BTD:

I called an order to Fil to get a Tru Tungsten swimbait. I received it in a timely fashion, but did not like it for what I wanted it for. I called Fil about it and replaced it with the Spro, which was the same price. He shipped it out to me and said to send the TT bait back when you can. I got the Spro before I had a chance to send the TT back to him. this was all just before Xmas because it was a gift for a buddy. THAT was great service.

Like anything else, people and stores will have their good days and bad days and it is impossible to make everyone happy. However, I'm sure most will try to make things right, particularly if you do it nicely (don't be a B***** about it). Remember, if you want to catch flies, use honey, not vinegar.......
--Sometimes it is best to be quiet and be thought the fool than to speak out and remove all doubt---
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

BTD ROCKS... IMHO...
People just love to bitch bitch bitch. Where's all the good in people... :? :? Everybody makes mistakes.... I get tired of all the bantering of it all...
my 2 cents.

kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I dont expect perfection, but its what one does when a challenge arises. I have learned that when speaking to CSR's treat them kindly and they will take care of you, ask for help and they will want to help; if not ask for the manager and esculate the issue until you get the result you want. Nobody's perfect and giving companies the opportunity to re-earn your business at times can lead to very strong relationships.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experiance, it is nice that you have the opportunity to come onto a site that is owned by the same people that own BTD and share your experiance with them, and everyone else.
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

BTD has been great for me no complaints !
****BASS AKWARDS PRODUCTIONS **** Presents : The Big Bait Posse...Volume 1
The craziest Swimbait video in History. You have never seen so many giant swimbait fish jammed into one Action Packed DVD. Hope everybody enjoy's !!
Keith R

Post by Keith R »

I have only tried Tackle Warehouse. I have never had any issues....no need to try anywhere else. Ordered a rod and reel on Sunday afternoon-(HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ME), it was here this morning (tuesday). UPS guy even spooled it up for me...hahah...and no....my wife was not home......
You know the mailman knocks twice, but the UPS man comes 3 times..
BUD man

Post by BUD man »

I usually support my local bait shop(Escalon Bait and Tackle) but BTD had the new 6" punker so I ordered one. Figured I would take advantage of the free shipping so I ordered a few extra things. All items were in stock when I placed the order, so I was waiting, waiting, after a week went by I called and one item was back ordered. It would have been nice to receive an email or phone call. I changed the color of the one item so I could get my stuff, needless to say it took 10 business days for 3 day shipping. Had to have it and paid for it by waiting, should have just bought it local.
Sinjin Kim

Post by Sinjin Kim »

Tackle Warehouse by far the best prices and best service.

I often purchase over a $500 (excluding rods and reels) in tackle and with the array of items I order, I not once have had a single issue with my order and it was SHIPPED for FREE and received it the following day every time!

Tackle Warehouse is not a dropshipping business so you won't get a dozen packages during different days to get what you've ordered.

Sometimes I ponder how local tackle shops can stay in business with incredible e-commerce sites such as TW as local tackle shop prices are usually much higher. (ex. 5" Senko $5.99 on TW, $7.99 at a local tackle shop :shock:)

The only gripe I have is that TW is located in California. lol. If they were out of state= no taxes! :lol:
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Like Dan states, they all have their issues from time to time. No e-store is immune from mistakes or hicups. For example, I just this week had a gentleman with me who lives in Australia, he's from San Diego originally. For two years, he used TW for purchases from Australia and had items shipped to his parent's in San Diego. At some point last year, they began to refuse his PayPal payments, due to some concern with it originating in Australia. He's taken his business now to BTD, where he's had no problems with them accepting payment thru PayPal in Australia.

In all fairness though, it would appear to me from your statement,
They look up my order and sees that the items were not shipped and says they will take care of it, which they finally did.
that BTD's Customer service was satisfactory by after sales standards in that you contacted them, did finally get what ya ordered and the issue was resolved without some long drawn out, ugly, drama filled experience.

Post by Guest »

Ash since your a big jig expert which jigs should i order from tackle warehouse or BTD or outdoorproshop ????
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

www.baitbarn.net

next day!

promo code :RBBASS for 10% OFF
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
Buzzbommer

Post by Buzzbommer »

BTD is a great store and has excellent customer service, in my opinion. It is rare that there is ever a problem so I'm sure there would be a totally logical explanation. I'm really sorry your experience blew, but try not to let it turn you off to them completely. I know those fellas personally and I can assure you they are on point, and any snafu they will fix. It does suck that you were the one it happened to though. But I bet if you tried them again the outcome would be different...