Berryessa on Sat

NoCAL

Berryessa on Sat

Post by NoCAL »

Anybody been up there lately? I'm heading up early on Sat to try for a little topwater bite before the sun comes up. If anybody knows what it's been like let me know. The reports are all from 2-3 weeks ago.

NoCAL
jitterbug

Re: Berryessa on Sat

Post by jitterbug »

You can find some topwater fishing the coves off the narrows or run up to the north east side of the main body and work the weed edges. The surface temp has spiked up with this weather so the bite may be a little of. After that look for bait balls along creek channels down to 60 feet, I have had good luck with spoons working these fish. Good luck!
guidebass.com
620 Dude

Post by 620 Dude »

I went yesterday to set up my brothers electronics for him.We stayed in the north end til 4pm found fish on points on west side no size all just keepers. water temps were at 83 F. by 3:00 and did also see bait balls off channel breaks 25 to 35 feet.
Hadn't been up there since everyone cleared out we had the lake to ourselves saw one other bass boat... Nice!
Dropshotting Robo Red Crawlers
Good Look be Safe
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

Thanks all. 620 Dude, you have the same zip as me, what area of the Pile do you live in? I'm in Wild Wings.

NoCAL
rastrike

Post by rastrike »

was up their two weeks ago and killed them i wouldnt wast my time lookink deep cuzthe fish are not worth it go as shallow as possible and you will find bait pockets large mouths are on exiting ambush points big large mouth best 5 = 16 lbs did it in 2 hrs
620 Dude

Post by 620 Dude »

NoCal I'm from the Laugenaur area north of the Woodpile on Cache Creek
NoCAL

Post by NoCAL »

It took longer than 2 hours but we put about 14-15 lbs in the boat. Best quality trip I've had thereall year. We only caught 7 fish but there was not a dink among them. One spot, one smallie and the rest largemouth. We got 2 on topwater, one on a Texas rigged roboworm, one on a DD22, and the rest on drop shot. Thanks for the help. Windy day up at Berryessa.

NoCAL