What ever happened to 'Hot August Nights'?

sTony

What ever happened to 'Hot August Nights'?

Post by sTony »

It's barely 70 degrees mid-day, low 50's overnight. In some areas the tree are turning like it's Fall. Does this just suck or what?

sTony
cib11b

Re: What ever happened to 'Hot August Nights'?

Post by cib11b »

It sucks. I also have had a horrible fishing season I am going to blame the weather or global warming.. Either way it's not me!
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

Getting ready to go to an outside concert in Twain Harte and thinking long pants...Wasn't it smoking hot two days ago?...If you are fishing this weekend remember the mosquitos love this cold air!
http://www.dobynsrods.com
Dbrimmer

Post by Dbrimmer »

Ya ought to come up to Southern Or. It was a balmy 48 degrees
this afternoon. Might get down to the high 30's tonite.
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

"Global Cooling" is a serious concern. KMA Al Gore!! :lol:
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

The "DeltaDoves" I hunt from Collinsville to Bethel were perdy much of nothing last Wednesday morning.

There are so many berries that are still Red ... with some black- and it was so hot that day that I did not want to drift thru that bank later in the afternoon on a high tide to pick through them.

The pressure system rise and lowering (along with that last full moon) has the Linesiders constantly transitioning from lock-jaw to just an early morning bite before heading to deeper water for the pressure difference protection. Spooning for them has not been that productive either in the deeper waters.

Hopefully the deer will be up and bedding later in the high country in 2+ more weeks .... Provided I can get off of work and get the wifes permission to take at least one son out of school. ---Other wise I might as well eat at least one of those tags already.

Wierdest Part -- I can't find any deals on Craigslist to get cord of Almond or Oak firewood delivered to here in the last two months before the demand for the price goes up even higher. I know once it turns fall~ they will be all over it ~ and commanding even more of a price of $300- $350 a cord .......... And that is unacceptable for a price to me.

PS- Anyone know who can deliver a cord of Almond (or Oak) that is well seasoned to Oakley for $250/$275 a cord or $500-$525 for two cords of Almond ? ... Please let me know. :D
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Larry Hemphill

It's raining tonight in Yuba City!!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

The thing that is so interesting about this summer is the very low night temps in the central valley. Many, many 6 am temps in the 50's. That is truly amazing!!! And heat spells are all of TWO or THREE days!! And as I mentioned - raining some in Yuba City tonight! This is August??
jrbasspro

Re: It's raining tonight in Yuba City!!

Post by jrbasspro »

same here in the high desert (Lancaster) this has been one of the coolset summers i know of, normally we are over 100 degrees for months on end-- this year its been over 100 a dozen times.

I think the Iceland valcano has some thing to do with this.

who knows?
Walt
listen to that gut feeling!!!

"keep it clean and dry"
badbass25

Post by badbass25 »

Caudawg wrote:"Global Cooling" is a serious concern. KMA Al Gore!! :lol:
+1

Many geologists will tell you that we are actually headed into an ice age... So If you care about your future ancestors, buy an SUV and just leave it running.
"The Chase Is Better than the Catch!"
2016 Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14
Barry Watson

Post by Barry Watson »

We have not had one night here in Loomis that required the use of the AC. Like Larry said, lots of 50's. In fact the cool weather has already ruined my squash but the beans and tomatos are going great.

The daytime fishing has been unusually good this year with a lot of the big bites at mid day. Some of the lakes will go into the winter with more water than usual since the irrigation demands have been down.

The weather Gurus have already declared a La Nina weather pattern this winter. What does that mean for Northern CA? I know it means drought for Southern CA.
Oldlures
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

I too think global warming is a farce I just went thru a cold winter and a cool summer Al Gore has no creds with me and lets drop this subect and talk bass fishi'n.......all tho this has been a truly La Nina Year.. Nino is different... back to bassi'n
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

You missed 'em! Sunday through Tuesday the nights were finally downright warm, and it felt like tank top time. Unfortunately, I had to go into the office Monday through Wednesday, else I would have been banging on ole Coochie's door at midnight, rod in hand! :lol:

Now we're back to our regularly scheduled (ab)normal weather pattern for this year. :( :x

I expect next year we'll all be crying about how hot it is and begging for a break, but so far no relief from the wind and low temps on the horizon.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?