Tournament Suggestions

doorman

Tournament Suggestions

Post by doorman »

I've been lurking here for a little while and educating on all the good info you all give.

I'm sure this topic has come up plenty of times before, but I am going to be looking for some tournaments to get involved in. I know southern california has a ton of them going on and sometimes the number of boats is low because they are all competing.

Now that I'm all settled in after my move to Lakeside I'm ready to hit the water.

I have 00 champion 203, I'm not really looking to join a club which has been suggested before, just fish some tournies on the weekends. Looking for not too expensive of an entry and a solid competitive feild with a decent amount of boats.

What are you guys in my area fishing for tournies and what would you suggest?
bigbass111

Re: Tournament Suggestions

Post by bigbass111 »

You will have several choices very soon..

Won Teams (John Cassidy)

National Bass West (Lynne Peterson)

Anglers Choice (Brian Linehan)

and A.B.A...

If you run by Anglers Marine in Santee they will be happy to fill you in with numbers and the tackle you will need :wink:
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

There are 3 trails in the SD area, WONBASS-www.wonbass.com, ABA-www.americanbass.com, and NBW-www.nationalbasswest.com. All their schedules are online for 2011TY. You should mix in some Diamond Valley lake events. That is our best lake but is considered in the Inland Empire regions, but is really just a big SD lake and the bass came from Lake Hodges. Our store is right next to Lakeside, so go in and see Greg, Art or Adam for all the latest reports. 619-449-3474 Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Thanks Justin. Rick
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Anglers Choice will have a San Diego Region as well. You can always call me on my cell (714) 580-4088.

Rick is right....you should mix in some Diamond Valley events as well. Good luck with the move!

Brian Linehan
doorman

Post by doorman »

I'm very familiar with angler's marine, my grandfather is buddies with the guys there.

I will check out the schedules on those 3.

Any more info on what you posted Brian? feel free to pm me. anyone.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Will PM you with more info for sure. Nice thing about Anglers Choice is that you'll be qualifying for a tournament of champions with a boat/motor as first place prize. Also, it's the only organization which allows you to fish any of the regional TOC's if you qualify.

In other words, if you are moving from Nor Cal down South, qualify in the San Diego region, and you decide that not only do you want to fish for a boat/motor in the South TOC, you can also head up North and fish their TOC for another boat/motor combo. It's a pretty sweet deal.

My first event in the popular Inland Empire Region will be on Saturday, October 30 at Diamond Valley Lake.

Feel free to Visit their website at http://www.anglerschoice.com/ for more details.

Anglers Choice is growing!

Brian
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

If I had to pick one org to fish it would def be WON Bass. They offer a pro/am and weekend team events. Pretty soon they WILL be the strongest org out here again. With a new director there are a bunch of great things to come in the next year. Make the right choice and pick WON Bass !!!!!

Shaun Bailey
****BASS AKWARDS PRODUCTIONS **** Presents : The Big Bait Posse...Volume 1
The craziest Swimbait video in History. You have never seen so many giant swimbait fish jammed into one Action Packed DVD. Hope everybody enjoy's !!
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
Norcalbasspro

Post by Norcalbasspro »

Funniest thing I've seen all day!
Norcalbasspro

Post by Norcalbasspro »

If I had to pick one org to fish it would def be WON Bass.
So u obvioucly are going to fish the WON TOC at New Melones over the National Bass at Havasu? Right! lol
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

S. Bailey wrote:If I had to pick one org to fish it would def be WON Bass. They offer a pro/am and weekend team events. Pretty soon they WILL be the strongest org out here again. With a new director there are a bunch of great things to come in the next year. Make the right choice and pick WON Bass !!!!!

Shaun Bailey
I thought you just picked one. AC teams at Havasu over Won Bass Pro-Am at Mead. Now it's all Won Bass for you? Good luck at New Melones.
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

I smell some comp entries. Hahahaha!
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Brian Linehan wrote:I smell some comp entries. Hahahaha!
Sounds like the first comped entry was made for the US Open next year! LOL
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

Doorman,
Take a look at the Ca Bass Federation. There's a region close to you. its competitive, inexpensive, and an opportunity to represent CA on the State Team and possibly a shot at the Forest Wood Cup.
Check out their website at: http://www.californiabass.org/

Kopper
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

For the two anti wonbass guys .... i do not receive comp entrees from WON Bass or any other org. The guy asked a question ... I told him the Org with the most exposure available for his buck. Won has a newspaper , magazine , plain and simple they give the most exposure. I have always supported all 4 orgs , always have always will. Never have I talked bad about a company. Like I said I choose to be positive and publicly talk good about each of the orgs that give us the chance to fish tournaments. Anglers choice, National Bass, WON Bass, and ABA all have great circuits which I have fished for over 15 years. And still no comped fees... come on Billy Egan give me free entree's !!!!!! ridiculous. Have a good day boys.
The craziest Swimbait video in History. You have never seen so many giant swimbait fish jammed into one Action Packed DVD. Hope everybody enjoy's !!
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Anti Won? You fished just a couple more events this year then I. I just think they could do better, I'm not settling when I know they can step things up for us anglers.
Guy Williams
Charles Barkley
Billy Skinner

Post by Billy Skinner »

Dude Guy Williams you are worst then a highschool cheerleader .....WON Bass is the best bang for your buck period and thats a fact .True statement made by Shaun (who would know) and another ignorent remark from Guy Williams. Not one to attack on the computer but you should just stop for all our sakes.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Before Guy gets ripped, how about just a simple answer to the question of Melones or Havasu? I agree WON has the best cluck for your buck. But stagnation and poor planning has hurt their participation these last few years. Glad to see Bill Egan turning things around and I hope WON kicks butt in the future. We should all feel lucky we have all these good org;s still supporting the West. Lots of options this year! Rick G.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Marty

Post by Marty »

First there is noting wrong with either AC or Won but the three tournaments I fish are as follows.

Heavy Weight Bass Classic
California Bass Championship
The Frog Tournament

The main reason is I don’t have to worry about the back seat while I’m fishing (HBC and CBC) and in the Frog I have an even chance as the big boys.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

AC Pro-Am's are better paying and have a better mag to promote yourself- FACT! Can Won do better than they are? I say yes, they have Bass Pro backing them. Sorry if you feel like I'm bashing but I'm just looking at the best bang for my buck. They are falling shorter ever year, maybe AC won't be the end all but maybe they will. Great job on winning the Mead event. Looks like it was a tough field.
Guy Williams
Charles Barkley
Levy

Post by Levy »

Billy Skinner wrote:Dude Guy Williams you are worst then a highschool cheerleader .....WON Bass is the best bang for your buck period and thats a fact .True statement made by Shaun (who would know) and another ignorent remark from Guy Williams. Not one to attack on the computer but you should just stop for all our sakes.
If I were WON bass you would be the last person I would want defending me. Nice grammar and spelling LMAO!!!
Last edited by Levy on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keithcant

Post by keithcant »

Levy, you got that right!

he would just as likely spell it: "one" bass....or WUN.
"The Gods do not deduct from man's alloted span the hours spent in fishing"--
Proverb Ancient Babylonia.
scanbass

Post by scanbass »

Hey Levy...

Nice critique of his spelling. Jeeeez... what a zinger! Probably would have been a bit funnier had you yourself spelled "grammar" properly.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Image[/img]
Levy

Post by Levy »

Hey Scan, thanks for lookin out. My post is now fixed :D
Billy Skinner

Post by Billy Skinner »

Well if my grammar and spelling are the only bad things you have to say about me then i guess i'll be okay. Like I said i dont come on here to attack people that I dont know , but some of the things people say on here just blow me away. The fishing community is way to small for everyone to be at each others throats all the time. Thats why i've only made like three posts on here because I know guys like Levy will come out of the woodworks just to trash talk me because of things like SPELLING and GRAMMAR errors. Something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand or the interest in the progression of the sport. But if thats what keeps you going Levy then good luck to you , at least I know I'm here for the right reasons.
scanbass

Post by scanbass »

Levy... No need for the thanks, but an apology to the guy you tore apart might be in order.

You go on a forum, blast a guy for spelling errors and in your own blast you spell something wrong. You're called out on it, you fix your error and then offer nothing to the guy you called out in the first place… after being as bold to say he’s the “last guyâ€
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

Over the years I have fished everything that the West has to offer. Each tournament org has their plus and minus.

As far as payback nothing comes close to FLW at 1/3. However, not everyone can take that amount of time off or afford to fish FLW.

The bottom line is that the West needs a HIGH QUALITY weekend pro/am circuit that is as well run. Period.

I've talked to Billy and Hutch, and they both have great ideas. I am looking forward to fishing both AC and WON next year. I don't buy into the view of one is better than they other. I could care less about who runs the tournament as long as I have FUN, the event is WELL RUN, and the PAYBACK make sense.

Everything else is politics....and/or a popularity contest.
Levy

Post by Levy »

Scan and Billy, I can assure you the one thing you won't see is a apology. I do really appreciate your comments though as I needed another good laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy you need to go back and check your original funny *** post (Still ROFLMAO) because despite what you said in your second post about not attacking folks, you strait up attacked Guy. Additionally I will stand by my original post, IF I WERE WON I WOULD NOT WANT YOU DEFENDING ME...
Let me educate you on something so you will know better next time. When you make a post on the internet or write a letter etc... if what you are trying to say makes no sense and sounds like a 7 year old speaking it reflects poorly on yourself and quite frankly very few people will take you seriously.

That is all.

Jon Levenson
Billy Skinner

Post by Billy Skinner »

Hey Levy have you heard the song " I'm cooler online" . It fits you perfect . Saying that , i'll be the bigger man and end this pointless argument you are trying to have with me. YOU WIN! hahaha .....Oh and watch out for that Karma ...it should be coming your way soon. Good day Levy.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Billy, that song is lame too! Check out this song and everything will make sense!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmnimOoJeJ4
doorman

Post by doorman »

Thanks for all the reply's. Turned in to more then I was asking for haha, but I expected a little of that.

Are all of these organizations team tournaments? I understand that you will be penalized for fishing alone in WON? Thanks to dishonesty.

I don't mind fishing teams at all just trying to learn more about the circuits.

Are there any single tournaments only?
Last edited by doorman on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

Brian , that video is priceless !!!!!! pretty funny . How did you convert your beta home movies into uploadable video's on you tube !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
hawghustler

Post by hawghustler »

i dont know how you find these videos but there f'ing classic. Thanx for the laughs
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Compliments of John Curry!
some guy

Post by some guy »

Hats off on the delivery, epic timing.
Last edited by some guy on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
some guy

Post by some guy »

This video and arguing about grammar have a lot in common.. lets see if you guys can find the similarities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwPwSAOoFtQ
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

:lol: Like I said before Pee-wee Herman would stomp them biotches in that video

Post by 619 »

We have two clubs that meet here at the store once a month. East County Bass and SD Bassmasters. Doorman call me and I will dial you in. I will give you the scoop and my opinion on all the SD Team events and let you make the choice.

Art @ Anglers Marine Santee 619-449-3474
some guy

Post by some guy »

buddy brown wrote::lol: Like I said before Pee-wee Herman would stomp them biotches in that video
I dont know Tom, they look fierce. :shock:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
duff75

Post by duff75 »

I don't mind fishing teams at all just trying to learn more about the circuits.

each circuit is good here in SD. as far as USAC not sure it is new here. I fished NBW and it was ran great no issues from my point of view and looks to only be getting better with Lynee running it here in SD. ABA is making a run at putting FUN back into the events with 1 in 3 payback and Rich seems to be a good guy. I have not fished WON but John is a good guy and I have not heard anything bad about his tournaments. Then there are the nights tournaments with ABA and ElCajon ford during the summer. also a lower cost option is the KMSDBC (www.sdbasscouncil.com). as far as your question if there Are there any single tournaments only? the only one and the best is the CBC low cost but not a local series it is a 3 tournament 1 local event where 10 qualify to fish a regional event and the top 10 qualify to fish the Championship.

I hope this helps and if you want to talk about it PM me your # and we can talk more, I am located in Lakeside!

Duff
www.seaguar.com
doorman

Post by doorman »

Art, I'm pretty sure you know my grandpa Ross Murray. He will most likely be my partner in most events. I will give you a call or we will run by the store next week.