Shore fishing on the Delta (Grizzly Island/Suisun Area)

Bassnewbie

Shore fishing on the Delta (Grizzly Island/Suisun Area)

Post by Bassnewbie »

Hello all, this is my first post over at these forums.

I live in Suisun, CA. Very very close the grizzly island area (West) of the Delta.

Ive only been fishing for a few months, and mostly at lake Berryessa, but I was hoping to try out the Delta.

I only have 2 problems.

1. No boat, so im stuck to places accessible by car/foot.
2. The Delta is huge and I have no idea where to go in search of Black Bass.

Can anyone give me some names/suggestion/spots on a map where there should be some decent Black Bass fishing from shore?

Really appreciate it, hope to see you all around.
Marty

Re: Shore fishing on the Delta (Grizzly Island/Suisun Area)

Post by Marty »

Don’t know a lot about that side of the Delta – did come across some people fishing on the side of the road and bridge on Sunset Ave off of HY 12 while Duck hunting on Grizzly Island. Don’t know what they were fishing for.

Not much but hopefully someone from that side of the Delta will jump in but I believe most come to this side of the Delta.

Welcome to Western Bass.
Bassnewbie

Post by Bassnewbie »

Thanks for the info. Sunset and 12 are right near the area im referring too. I was told that from 12 I can take Grizzly Island road up towards Grizzly island and the top of Chadbourne and Mokelumne Slough. There is supposed to be a Fish and Game office up near there, so I was gonna stop by today for a chat and see if they have any suggestions as well.

I know alot of people fish up in this area for Sturgeon, but I have heard that Black Bass and Striper are pretty prevalent up here as well.

Thanks for the info though.
Flippinjigs

Post by Flippinjigs »

I have fished Grizzly Island, Joice Island, Montazuma slough, and most of the sloughs in the wild life preserve for more than 30 years. I have fished by boat and on foot (off the bank). Some area's are only accessible by foot or peddling a bike (no motors). PM me and let me know what type of fish your looking to catch. You can catch fish from land locked Striped Bass to Crappie. I haven't been out there in a number of years.

Good Fishin
If you do nothing expect nothing!
Bassnewbie

Post by Bassnewbie »

FlippinJigs, PM is sent.

Im mostly out in search of Black Bass, as Im really into the more active style of swimming jigs, cranks, etc than just throwing bait in the water and waiting.

I usually fish at Lake Berryessa, but its just slightly too far to make it out there when I only have 2-3 hours after work to fish.

So im really after Black Bass, Large and smallmouth, but Im pretty interested in going after some Stripped Bass, and maybe even giving some Salmon a shot before the season ends.
ASD

Post by ASD »

try posting a want add here" looking for a back seat"

http://www.westernbass.com/ncalifornia/findapartner/
Bassnewbie

Post by Bassnewbie »

Ill have to give that a try.

Waiting to hear back from Flipnjigs too.