RIP Junebug

sTony

RIP Junebug

Post by sTony »

Gene Buchholz just informed me that Dennis Davis aka Junebug has passed away. Not sure on all the details or any word on services yet.

For those that didn't know him, Junebug was a fixture at Big Break and The Hook for many years. He was the four time chili cook off champion at our Pro Teen Tournament and he was one helluva guy.

Rest in peace, Bug!

sTony

PS - Junebug's recipe on his fourth chili cook-off win was a pathetic looking mess that absolutely tasted like heaven. He put a sign on his table, in front of his croc pot, with all the other contestants offerings that simply read:

"Looks like poop, Try a scoop!"

And he won.
Long Nguyen

Re: RIP Junebug

Post by Long Nguyen »

Junebug.

You were the epitome of Delta Rat. I remember being a teenager walking into The Hook back when it was at Big Break and you were working the counter. Very intimidating as a newbie but you were always nice offering some tips.

Rest in peace.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

This is sad news! RIP bug!

Bug was a good man and have many great memories, you will be missed and your chili was for sure the best!

God Speed Bug!
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

RIP Bug.

And bump to the top.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
Mike

Post by Mike »

Wow, this is getting ridiculous. Loosing too many people lately!

RIP Junebug..
OG on WB since 1993
JT-Madera

Post by JT-Madera »

RIP Junebug..seems like we lose good guys and can't get rid of the trash..
Junebug was the always giving..not a taker..

JT
Hardshell

Post by Hardshell »

RIP JB

Hardshell
Shad*Wizard

Post by Shad*Wizard »

Junebug was one cool guy...I enjoyed hearing stories about painting processes for Atari video machines and dealing with Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari and Chucky Cheese...God bless you, Bug...
Dom

Post by Dom »

Yep, I remember Junebug from the Hook when it was at Big break also he was one cool guy always willing to help. He will be missed, Remembered but never forgotten. RIP Junebug

I agree we have lost to many good people this year I guess God needed some new friends in his Kingdom.
Tight Lines Dom
Gator

Post by Gator »

I am REALLY getting tired of losing good people.........

RIP JuneBug

DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Shad*Wizard wrote:Junebug was one cool guy

YUP !! He set me up personally back around '90 for shore Salmon fishing @ the original shop ~ when Hogan's was the only other game in "the area" for help with correct rod's to match up with the reel's from the old Hook I bought.

Met him several times trailing my co-worker Greg Bryant before his accident to the old Hook after work when I was looking for equipment/tackle for the shore fishing the salmon run.

Even though I did not know him personally .. The few times I joined togther up @ the old Hook after work with Greg and JB - It was a blast listening to everyone else with him being the center story teller - and watching alot of parkinglot toss the CL bottles into the back of Greg's toyota truck from everyone.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
DPetty

Post by DPetty »

May God rest his soul
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

things sure were much simpler back then. Catch fish, tease, laugh about it, and HAVE FUN!

Great photo Gator! Good times!

God's Speed JB!

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Ron C

Post by Ron C »

God bless you Junebug. It was a pleasure to call you my friend. Man, could that guy cook!

Our thoughts and prayers to Dennis' family and friends.
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

Sorry to hear about Junebug's passing. He was a nice guy and lots of fun.
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Sorry to hear this.. though we have not seen him in years.. he sure was a cool dude.. Rest In Peace Brother !
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Wow, RIP Sir Bug!

The stories are never ending with this great friend. It was really tough a few years back when Bug had to make a turn in his life to fight his alcoholism, he chose a new life that required removing himself from his environment and friends. Last most of us heard he was up in the Ryde, Twin Cities area. That was very tough and we all missed him dearly. He was a great cook, and helped us out at the Pasta Cafe the first year we owned that restruant. He brought us Cameron Rods, and I know now, I'll cherrish them forever and never give em up in his memory! Bug was one of them special souls, ya didn't just "like" Bug, ya loved the dood!
Wally

Post by Wally »

Rest in Peace JuneBug

I remember at the 1st pro teen tournament chili cookoff JuneBug came up to me and said, "Real Chili Don't Have Beans". Sure enough he won. Every time I make, Chili Beans, I remember ole JuneBug.
gofish, Wally
Shad*Wizard

Post by Shad*Wizard »

Yep, I still have 2 Cameron Rods I got through him at the Hook...Best Rods I ever owned for throwing spinner baits...

Thanks for the photo Gator...A cool looking shirt, sunglasses and shorts, and that welcome smile...Yep, that's the JuneBug we'll all remember...
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

RIP Bug! I can't remember a bad thing about bug. He was always good for a laugh and a good friend. The world lost a great man! Now the story of how he got the name "junebug"!!!! Now that is still one of the funniest damn stories I have ever been told. From that story to him in the back of my boat with huge head gear specs before he had his eyes fixed.. he was "draggin a spade tail" LOL but he couldn't see and it was weightless and just floating on top! after about 5 minutes i had to let him know why i kept laughin. Damn i miss the old hook!
Cooch he was in rhyde working at the rhyde hotel.. seen him at a wedding I attended there a while back... still a champ and still cooking up great grub
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!