Hooked Up Tackle/ Southern California

stroker46

Hooked Up Tackle/ Southern California

Post by stroker46 »

Is this seller a scam? Seems to have taken my $$$$ and phone # and emails don't get a response. Anyone here ever order from Hooked UP Tackle, southern California, no address given. Thanks
mark poulson

Re: Hooked Up Tackle/ Southern California

Post by mark poulson »

I think the owner is named Oliver Ng. I met him last year at Castaic.
That's all the info I have.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
mrfishin86

Post by mrfishin86 »

I've ordered from them several times, and I have always received my product. No complaints, actually I would say my experience dealing with that company was great. Excellent customer service too. Thats unfortunate that you've had such a bad experience with them.
DPEARL

Post by DPEARL »

Definitely not a scam, they are a legit tackle shop business.
K Luby

Post by K Luby »

This is hard to understand. Everytime I order from them I get my stuff the next day, they are great !!!!!!!!!!!!!
stroker46

Post by stroker46 »

I ordered 8/11 and have not heard a word! I'm hoping,Thanks!
ugly stick

Post by ugly stick »

Def a LEGIT site!!!!!!!! Oliver is straight up!!! Hes pretty much a 1 man team!!
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

stroker46 wrote:Is this seller a scam?
NO! I've ordered from Oliver a few times and I have received my items in a timely manner.

Tony
DL

Post by DL »

stroker46 wrote:Is this seller a scam? Seems to have taken my $$$$ and phone # and emails don't get a response. Anyone here ever order from Hooked UP Tackle, southern California, no address given. Thanks
I would give Oliver a chance to solve the problem before you air him out....
"Feel the steel"
stroker46

Post by stroker46 »

Still waiting!!
bpm2000

Post by bpm2000 »

Is he not responding to emails or phone calls? What have you tried?
offduty

Post by offduty »

What was it you ordered was it available or something like Dahlberg's craw that has not come in yet? He had some pre order items available and I had not noticed that till after I ordered. Oliver is cool, I can't imagine he would burn you. I also left a message for you on his cell this morning to let him know about this thread.

Rich
FinesseKid

Post by FinesseKid »

I sold the owner a used laptop. He is very nice, honest, and was a pleasure to do business with.

I believe his business to be 100% legit. AND his prices are pretty good too from time to time.
"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

http://www.performancetackle.com
http://www.thayersmarine.com
http://www.stratosboats.com
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

stroker46 wrote:Is this seller a scam? Seems to have taken my $$$$ and phone # and emails don't get a response. Anyone here ever order from Hooked UP Tackle, southern California, no address given. Thanks
No contact at all? You posted back in 8/30/10, how long does it take to make a phone call or e-mail? Hope it ends well!!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
offduty

Post by offduty »

He has another job give him some time, I'll call him tonight for you.
fun4fish

Post by fun4fish »

Even if the guy has two other jobs there are no excuses for this kind of customer service. Thank you for reporting your experience I will make sure NOT to use him in the future.
offduty

Post by offduty »

I just was notified that my Dahlberg crawfish shipped today from Oliver's. I tried to contact him about 8:00 and got no answer. This is very uncharacteristic for him and personally I'm starting to wonder if everything is ok with him. For what it is worth Oliver is a stand up guy and I have known him for a few years and have always been able to get him on the phone. I do now he has a partner in his tackle business but do not know his name or #.

Rich
Big Ed

Post by Big Ed »

Very good friend of mine.

100% legit. Ive known him personally for years and am suprised. Im sure this will pan out, infact im positive it will. He is a stand up guy!

I agree with DL, give him the chance to make it right!

Later; Big Ed!
What you say is meaningless.........What you do is everything!
leachman90

Post by leachman90 »

Oliver is a great guy and has gone out of his way to help me. I hope h is OK.GB...Jim
www.insideline.net/index.php/forum
stroker46

Post by stroker46 »

I did talk to him a week ago , he was going to check! Tomorrow will be a fricken month, I didn't get my rod for my canada trip and I'm pissed! He needs to explain! I have called/emailed a minimum of 20 times.
stroker46

Post by stroker46 »

Does anyone Know if "Oliver" is still with us? I'm out $120 and would like to know if that is the end game.
offduty

Post by offduty »

stroker46 wrote:Does anyone Know if "Oliver" is still with us? I'm out $120 and would like to know if that is the end game.
His cell is going directly to voice mail. Not sure what's up but I sent him a text for you.

Rich
stroker46

Post by stroker46 »

Thanks, appreciate your help!
FROGvsBASS

Post by FROGvsBASS »

Any updates Stroker?
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

fun4fish wrote:Even if the guy has two other jobs there are no excuses for this kind of customer service. .
+1
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I am really surprised by both the content and longevity of this thread. Once before someone else came on to Western Bass who also had a real problem with Oliver and it got resolved quick enough I believe in part due to the networking of others. Others in this thread have vouched for his sincerity and character and tried to help but it would appear all for naught. I met Oliver two years ago. I have bought tackle from him before(no issues). And I have had him in my boat here at Lake Casitas twice so he could hunt Bigguns with his trademark swimbait cache. I am genuinely concerned that this problem has not only not been addressed by him but also that nobody seems to be able to raise him with all the background networking that has gone on. I am hopeful that this gets resolved but it is becoming apparent that something is genuinely amiss and I only hope it all works out for you Stroker as you were just trying to buy some product as advertised. If Oliver's tackle business has become part time to his other two jobs it would behoove him to take care of this particular business pretty darn quick because if he goes much further without so much as an acknowledgment that he is taking care of Stroker in some capacity his apparently diminishing business in the tackle trade my not withstand the fallout from this bad publicity. I am not a fan of taking problems to the forum however in this instance when all else has failed what else could be done?

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rip,
You're right.
The way Oliver is handling, or not handling, this makes him suspect.
Too bad. When I met him he seemed like a nice guy.
Maybe he just got steamrolled by the economy, but he needs to make it right anyway.
CLEAN AND DRY
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

Something is going on. I was on ebay and noticed hooked up tackle has 46 negative feedback in the last 6 months. Not good. Hopefully Oliver is okay and can resolve this.
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!
stroker46

Post by stroker46 »

Received e mail from Oliver, seems a former employe was stealing! My fishing rod has been re-ordered! I have no clue if or when I will get it.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

stroker46 wrote:Received e mail from Oliver, seems a former employe was stealing! My fishing rod has been re-ordered! I have no clue if or when I will get it.
That sucks, for him and for you.
I'm pretty sure he'll do right by you.
Fingers crossed.
CLEAN AND DRY
Buzzbommer

Post by Buzzbommer »

I'm sure you will get it... Oliver is a stand up guy and a personal friend. Sounds like he's gettin' bamboozeled by a punk. Can take awhile to air out, but let it happen. I can understand your frustration, but believe us... Oliver will do what he can... ChrisR
stroker46

Post by stroker46 »

"Oliver will do what he can!" Sorry don't think so. If Oliver wanted to make this right I would have my product tomorrow with a 50% refund. My wallet is $120 lighter because I am a victim of a dishonest company.
Pearl Swimbaits

Post by Pearl Swimbaits »

stroker46 wrote:"Oliver will do what he can!" Sorry don't think so. If Oliver wanted to make this right I would have my product tomorrow with a 50% refund. My wallet is $120 lighter because I am a victim of a dishonest company.
He is doing what he can right now....and to be perfectly honest stroker...yer 120$ is crap compared to what is going on...he has become the VICTIM too...

...why dishonest, cuz yer not happy...BOO HOO! Enough people have stood here and told you it will get taken care of.......

and you want some extra stuff thrown in as well.......UFB!!!!
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Pearl Swimbaits wrote:
stroker46 wrote:"Oliver will do what he can!" Sorry don't think so. If Oliver wanted to make this right I would have my product tomorrow with a 50% refund. My wallet is $120 lighter because I am a victim of a dishonest company.
He is doing what he can right now....and to be perfectly honest stroker...yer 120$ is crap compared to what is going on...he has become the VICTIM too...

...why dishonest, cuz yer not happy...BOO HOO! Enough people have stood here and told you it will get taken care of.......

Are you kidding me? How long does it take a guy to type an e-mail to let a customer know there is going to be a delay? This guy was depending on this gear for trip, at least he can make other plans if only he knew there was going to be a MONTH delay. How you can sit here and make the customer the bad guy in this is beyond me. So a customer is just supposed to take the word of people on the internet and wait for freaking ever because he's a "Stand up guy" Ridiculous.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Tin Can wrote:
Pearl Swimbaits wrote:

Are you kidding me? How long does it take a guy to type an e-mail to let a customer know there is going to be a delay? This guy was depending on this gear for trip, at least he can make other plans if only he knew there was going to be a MONTH delay. How you can sit here and make the customer the bad guy in this is beyond me. So a customer is just supposed to take the word of people on the internet and wait for freaking ever because he's a "Stand up guy" Ridiculous.
Agreed - the Store is not the victim they are the responsible party that has some serious issues they need to address. the customer is the one who trusted this store as being a "stand up guy" and doesnt need to be "understanding" either return the money owed or make it right, expecting a discount for the lack of service isnt far fetched that in most business is called making it right - a simple phone call or response would have cleared this up - but to call out this guy who has been waiting over a month to either get his money back or his order is chicken ****
fun4fish

Post by fun4fish »

Look at the negative feedback on ebay. I don't believe this kind of customer service comes from someone stealing from you.
BIG BAIT

Post by BIG BAIT »

most of the negative feed back is in the past month? To me that is not a pattern of bad customer service. Sounds like and employee was getting over on him. I have ordered baits and reels from him and all my stuff was recieved in a timely matter and in perfect condition.
Mike
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ive&page=2

Big Bait it sure seems like a pattern to me, 99% of the negitive feed back are same as Stoker spoke of....

Numerous people had to revert back to Ebay and PayPal to receive funds back. You don't have that option if you order direct.

It looks like its been more than a month also.....
BIG BAIT

Post by BIG BAIT »

So they have 1721 positive feedbacks and 40 negative?????????
jg

Post by jg »

There are far more sellars with alot more feedback than that with far less negative. 40 is alot for those numbers. That would red flag his store for me.
stroker46

Post by stroker46 »

Pearl swimbaits: I assume you once worked for "hooked up tackle"
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I have to agree with Ash, this has gone on far too long.
Oliver needs to make it right now, or contact Stroker, and work something out.
It may not be his "fault" that an employee ripped him off, but, as the business owner, it is his responsibility to make it right.
CLEAN AND DRY
Buzzbommer

Post by Buzzbommer »

I still stand up for Oliver (but dude, if you haven't hollered at this dude, you should) I hope he's OK at this point. Ripped off is some shiznit to deal with, but Ollie... holla to me or Ty if there is somethin' we can do... Nuthin' but love bro, call us when you can...
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

mark poulson wrote:I have to agree with Ash, this has gone on far too long.
Oliver needs to make it right now, or contact Stroker, and work something out.
It may not be his "fault" that an employee ripped him off, but, as the business owner, it is his responsibility to make it right.
I agree as well.. I even reached out to Oliver myself when I initially saw this post and he said that "he has not been on here lately" and that "he had not seen this post but he would take care of it.."

Honestly, I thought Oliver was more of a stand up guy than he is displaying in this case but when I talked to him he seemed rather nonchalant about the whole situation..

Having said that, I hope he makes things right...and that negative rating on ebay pretty much shuts him down IMO.. I wouldn't buy from someone with that much of a negative rating..
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
colby

Post by colby »

i posted to his facebook wall the day of this post to protect the company, no response....since then i thought that it was all cleared up to see that it is still not a solved issue is sickening, for him supposedly being punked by some ex employee he is sure still doing a lot of things that he likes to do and not what is best for the company!!!! and to say boo hoo (pearl) is B-S this guy has been patient and waited more than long enough and it takes no time at all to make a phone call or email to explain the situation- what about the other peoples orders did they show up? most likely, so why is this guy left hanging- i feel for you bro this is wrong and nothing adds up, hope this gets straightened out fast, until then i side with the guy out 120$ at this point and showing how this issue was handled they have lost one future customer for good- me....
"If bass fishing was as easy as we all want it to be, then it wouldn't be a sport, it would be a habit." --Jimmy Houston
colby

Post by colby »

"Hooked Up Tackle is a company committed to superior customer service and quality. Legendary customer service should be the norm, not the exception. We pride ourselves with the way we conduct business," from site
"If bass fishing was as easy as we all want it to be, then it wouldn't be a sport, it would be a habit." --Jimmy Houston
Mark Lassagne

Post by Mark Lassagne »

I worked diligently to help these guys (even hooked them up with Skeeter) and they owe me a couple grand. Now they won't return my calls or emails or let me know what's going on.

It would be nice to know whats' going on and at least a payment towards the balance

Oliver's Cell # (626) 905-5239
http://www.bassanglermag.com
Best contact is mark@bassmag.com
stroker46

Post by stroker46 »

Looks like game over!
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

Mark Lassagne wrote:I worked diligently to help these guys (even hooked them up with Skeeter) and they owe me a couple grand. Now they won't return my calls or emails or let me know what's going on.

It would be nice to know whats' going on and at least a payment towards the balance

Oliver's Cell # (626) 905-5239
Damn!
**** officially just got ruff!!
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
basshunter4u

Post by basshunter4u »

This rod thing happened a number of months ago with a back ordered rod. I thought in the beginning of this thread that it had happened again. Then punker chimed in and notified us of the bad feedback on the e-bay page. Being a ebay seller from time to time I checked it out and punker was right, there was a bunch of negatives, so many that the site is in risk of getting his account yanked from e-bay. This is an unfortunate situation and I hope to see it resolved soon and things can get back to normal with Hooked up tackle. I would never want to see anyone fail. Seriously though, a simple post, e-mail, or phone call is all it takes to just get started to try to make it right. I tried to call Oliver the other day about this but just like everyone else I got the voice mail and no call back. He always answered the phone or called me back promptly. I dont understand and I hope to see this mess cleaned up before he is totally run over by the bus. They need to do whats right

Don O
never give up, be possitive and patient, and you will be rewarded