G Loomis expeditor warrenty up to $100 now ?............

bassrman

G Loomis expeditor warrenty up to $100 now ?............

Post by bassrman »

I was told from a few people, that the expeditor fee is up from $50 to a $100 now ! is that the truth?...........
DanIsaac

Re: G Loomis expeditor warrenty up to $100 now ?............

Post by DanIsaac »

That is correct, but expeditor has nothing to do with the warranty. The warranty on Loomis rods is unchanged, but the expeditor fee has gone up.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

good reason to stick with shimano.....just sent in a cumara with a broken tip, was told to cut the rod in half and send it in for a full replacement, or i could have taken it in to any shimano dealer for a replacement.. so to love shimano customer service.... you would think that with the loomis prices, they would offer better expeditor service... no more loomis's for me :cry: $50 or $100 is way too much for shipping service
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

I just replaced a G. Loomis rod last week. I filled out the warranty return sheet from their web site and put the rod in the mail on Thursday and I had the new rod on my doorstep on Monday. All I paid for was the cost to ship my broken rod back to them a total of $4.90 through the U.S. postal service. My question is the $100.00 fee for over the counter replacement or quicker replacement or what? Unless you need the rod the next day why would anyone pay 100 bucks for something they can get basically free?

Here is a copy of the warranty form from their website

http://www.gloomis.com/publish/content/ ... -22-10.pdf
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

The Xpeditor service is there should you break a rod outside of normal warranty conditions such as a car door or rod locker. We will ship you a new rod with a return shipping label. You will place the broken rod in the tube and stick the shipping label and send it back to us.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

The $50 was a dream... no questions asked, willing to upgrade etc. the $100 will slow folks down a bit for sure. I really liked the expedite service. i guess on a $400 rod it is still a good peace of mind.
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix