delta pipe line to be connected

blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

delta pipe line to be connected

Post by blkdog812 »

construction has offically began on the underground pipe line that will link the two massive delta canals that will export water from the sac and san joaquin delta.
funding includes 16 million from obama's reinvestment act.
info from the sac bee hidden off the main page.

bye bye delta
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"
JustinD

Re: delta pipe line to be connected

Post by JustinD »

The brown trout species just rose by one.......
LL South
TomAtkeson

Post by TomAtkeson »

Well it was a good run, bye bye Delta as we know it. Guess the largies will have to push the bronzebacks outta Steamboat :? This whole thing makes me want to puke. Screw over an entire flourishing ecosystem for the all-mighty greenback and I am not talking Micropterus salmoides. Just another reason for me to delay returning to California on top of the poor administration of the state, jacked economy and weak job market. I fear our favorite fishery has been effectively terminated by the Governator.

So who has some "redneck fishing lures"? :roll:
Tom Atkeson
http://www.blackdogbaitco.com
http://www.tylurecustombaits.com
http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com
http://www.youtube.com/ibassfishing
Stretch1

Post by Stretch1 »

ok so starting in 2012 ill be running halibut trips in mandeville...book now filling up fast :roll: ..geez guess the fish will just need to adapt or we will need a crap load of rain and a control it alot better...
TomAtkeson

Post by TomAtkeson »

Stretch1 wrote:ok so starting in 2012 ill be running halibut trips in mandeville...book now filling up fast :roll: ..geez guess the fish will just need to adapt or we will need a crap load of rain and a control it alot better...
Dude don't limit yourself to Halibuts! You will be able to toss big hammers for kelp bass around Sherman Island too! :lol:
Tom Atkeson
http://www.blackdogbaitco.com
http://www.tylurecustombaits.com
http://www.skinnybearbassjigs.com
http://www.youtube.com/ibassfishing
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

Not an expert here. Mostly a dumb arse BUT

It seems to me that we got to ask a question or 2 here.
Where dose the delta get its water from?

could it be Lake Shasta, Orville, Don Pedro, New Melones, Mc Clure, Camanche, New hogans, pardee, Amador, woodward salt springs and nearly every other Nor California body of water?
I would not suppose that the Delta is nothing more than their way of sucking the above mentioned dry.
Living in Tracy Ca I frequent the Delta often. I also visit the lakes.
am I missing somthing here or dose it appear to atleast one other single person that much or than just the delta is in trouble here?
If you figure your waters are not threatend by this because you never fish the delta but lakes instead, you may want to rethink this.

once again I just a dumb old fishin fool so take what a say as a grain of salt.
just shut up and fish
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

I also understand that the pipes and work we see in Victoria canal is for Contra Costa county. They are inticipaiting the current loction where they get water to be salt in the near future.

They are planning ahead.

any truth to that?
just shut up and fish
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

jimmy87 wrote:Where dose the delta get its water from?
Could it be Lake Shasta, Orville, Don Pedro, New Melones, Mc Clure, Camanche, New hogans, pardee, Amador, woodward salt springs and nearly every other Nor California body of water?
This is the problem people don't seem ta git, although their efforts are focused on projects on the Delta, what they plan to do here, is going to have a drastic affect on every lake in Northen California that we fish, PERIOD!!!!!!!! You wanna know what is really happening, you should come down to Russo's tomorrow, we're gonna have a few folks down there that can spell out the truths and facts about what is happenin here on the Delta and it's involvement with the water transports of this state, and how it's gonna affect ALL our fisheries up here. Come on down and get educated folks, there's a lot more going on that we don't know about or comprehend.
Johnny C

Post by Johnny C »

jiggin4bass wrote:Well its about time

You don't get do you...Water to grow crops in the dessert west valley. Yes this will make a few rich. Create jobs for migratory workers and all of the beaiuy of Northrn California will suffer for ever. I don't post negative very often on here but you freakin PISS ME OFF. And I will leave it at that unless you really want to get me going.
http://www.dobynsrods.com
sTony

Post by sTony »

Johnny C wrote:
jiggin4bass wrote:Well its about time

You don't get do you...Water to grow crops in the dessert west valley. Yes this will make a few rich. Create jobs for migratory workers and all of the beaiuy of Northrn California will suffer for ever. I don't post negative very often on here but you freakin PISS ME OFF. And I will leave it at that unless you really want to get me going.
jiggin4bass = Mark Inman.

This is what Friends and Foes is for in your User Control Panel, top left hand corner below Board Index. Click on Manage Foes and you can put any username in there that you really don't want to read and poof, they're gone.

sTony
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

What of the main AH's in the water for Central California is "Stewart Resnick" look him up on GOOGLes and Facebook...He has single handedly ruin Fuji Islands and his wife run's Roll Corp which sells the water to LA and San Diego at a price 1000 fold in what it cost them an acre ft. (Ac ft 1X1X1). He own's and operates 180,000 acrea on the West side. He his a on the list as a Junior Water Right....nother words he's last on the list to get water....Check Feinstein and you will find him up or around her skirt somewhere.

Terminator terminated the past DFG chief because he the Chief was against the canal...The Gov put in his people same has the Delta board 4 out of 7....This is corruption at its finiest people....I have never never seen this before and I've lived in California for 63yrs.

Another person behind this is Paul Rodriques the Comedian which owns know property around Fresno...Google him...he was on the news about 3 weeks ago supporting Meg, and Meg for my understanding is for the Canal....because,,,,more people for jobs....that an migrant workers...

look up the agri amount of revenue or gross the Central Valley has made since 2006 until know....They the farmers are mak'in a kill'in in profit each yr since 2006 and they won't more....We in Northern California are getting lied too every time the water issue is discussed....

Franks Track and cooches place and Bobby's will be salt water at some point
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

jimmy87 wrote:I also understand that the pipes and work we see in Victoria canal is for Contra Costa county. They are inticipaiting the current loction where they get water to be salt in the near future. They are planning ahead.
any truth to that?
Yes Jimmy, that is an accurate statement! The Contra Costa Water District, has indeed been building a new Intake and Pumping site in the Victoria Island area, to replace the old CCWD canal at the end of Rock Slough. Why? Very simple, they know what is going to happen with these water moguls to the south, their proposed projects and the potential for salinity increases at the existing pumping location.
Spookin'Em43

Post by Spookin'Em43 »

This SUCKS! Is there anything else left for US to do to try and stop this?!
Derrick Hicks

Humboldt State University-FLW College Series

I Proudly Endorse:
Dobyn's Rods, RBBassfishing, Abu Garcia, El Grande Lures, Trilene, Berkely, D&M Baits, Zipper Worms, Rod Glove, Tackle Warehouse, HatCams
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

Cooch wrote:
jimmy87 wrote:I also understand that the pipes and work we see in Victoria canal is for Contra Costa county. They are inticipaiting the current loction where they get water to be salt in the near future. They are planning ahead.
any truth to that?
Yes Jimmy, that is an accurate statement! The Contra Costa Water District, has indeed been building a new Intake and Pumping site in the Victoria Island area, to replace the old CCWD canal at the end of Rock Slough. Why? Very simple, they know what is going to happen with these water moguls to the south, their proposed projects and the potential for salinity increases at the existing pumping location.
Well Andy it looks like were are in trouble. Better enjoy the fishing while its here. might be fishing for crawdads and sculpins in the future.
just shut up and fish
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

It gets worse. I am sure you guys have heard about the new "Peripheral Canal".

This began as a study on the reliablity of the levee system in our state. The finding was that you could not retrofit levees to make them earthquake proof, and the state needs a reliable water delivery system to so. cal. The answer a new canal! Go around the Delta with all this water, while saying that you are restoring it.

Also keep in mind, the only reason the Army Corps, or the State really are interested in preventing floods in lower Delta is because when islands flood saltwater pours upstream screwing up deliveries! The Delta is looked upon as a conveyance. With a new peripheral canal built (or pipelines to do the same task) the Delta will lose strategic value.

:evil:

A.G.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
barse41

Post by barse41 »

Anybody ever read the book or see the movie "the mokey wrench gang'?
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
deltalinesider

Post by deltalinesider »

My name is Michael Frost. I helped run the Restore the Delta / CSPA Benefit Tournament yesterday. We raffled off thousands of dollars worth of gear, provided free food, and told the real story of the CA Delta.
www.restorethedelta.org
www.calsport.org

The peripheral canal isn't a done deal. Nothing is over, til it's over... and we have not yet begun to fight!

The 2010 Water Bond ($15 billion in general obligation bonds) was the 1st of MANY ROUNDS of billion dollar taxpayer obligations for the peripheral canal. Luckily, it was removed from the ballot because it was SUCH A TERRIBLE PIECE OF LEGISLATION. The people that want the Delta's water (Stewart Resnick, Metropolitan Water District of LA, Westlands Water District, Kern Valley Water Bank, etc.) are trying to prove a lie, which is: The Delta can survive more water diversions. The science proves that this lie can never come true. IT IS UP TO THE FISHERMEN TO TELL THE STORY TO EVERYBODY WHO WILL LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The facts, figures, and science are on our side.

If you would like to support this cause and go fishing at the same time, please stay tuned for the 2011 Restore the Delta / CSPA Benefit Tournament.

THERE IS VERY MUCH THAT EVERYBODY CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT THE WATER FLOWS in the Delta / SF Bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The flow of water through the Delta and out to the SF Bay is the lifeblood of the ecosystem. You obviously love fishing, or you wouldn't be reading this message board. Give back to the ecosystem that has provided so many good times to all of us fishermen.

P.S. This is a non-partisan issue, BUT a vote for Meg Whitman is a vote for the peripheral canal. She gave the 2010 water bond and the peripheral canal her complete support in the first debate. Please take 3 minutes to listen to these answers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avJwUzOQNN8
Don

Post by Don »

I
deltalinesider

Post by deltalinesider »

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/10/14/310506 ... water.html

What does this mean?

It means the Feds shouldered the cost burden and probably not the users who benefits most. It's a subsidy for them in many ways.

It means the Fed pumps can run water into State troughs and vice versa. Good for people. Good for Big Ag.

It means when one set of pumps is down for repairs or replacement the others can run into both troughs.

It means a few jobs for some chosen companies for a short amount of time.

It means If one canal system is destroyed or heavily damaged by an earthquake, the other may be able to limp along providing about enough throughput to the south, if it is not similarly damaged.

It means a more reliable water supply for the south. This is the right thing to do for people. It is the duty of the government to do that.

It might even mean delivering MORE water south. One should not discount that scenario.

One should always look at things from a Plausible Deniability point of view.
Mr Gambler

Post by Mr Gambler »

Looks like they will be takeing water from the Kings river water shed all the way north :evil: Any body want to buy a 4 bedroom house in Fresno :?: Jiggin4 bass is playing with a 48 card deck, I know him personally :lol: :lol:
Mike Matthews, U.S.N. 1963-67
Fish hard, sleep good at night.
npangler

Post by npangler »

love your country, "fear your government"
deltalinesider

Post by deltalinesider »

The government is the people. It's and easy cop out to blame "the government" as the bad guy and somehow distance ourselves from it. If we don't participate and make our voices heard, there's plenty to fear. GET INVOLVED! Support the people that are fighting for the Delta and telling the story. Don't quit! Non-action is the only way to guarantee a defeat.

Mike
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

It seems as if they are doing what they want to do whether it's a done deal or not. We the people have NO say anymore no matter how good or truthful our facts are.

I just get really pissed off thinking about this kind of crap.
I had to come back...I know...
deltagreenfish

Post by deltagreenfish »

Maybe we should just give it all back to the Indians...