Wow! ABA Clear Lake Championship

Rick G

Wow! ABA Clear Lake Championship

Post by Rick G »

Gets 188 boats! Huge turnout. Congrats. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Tin Can

Re: Wow! ABA Clear Lake Championship

Post by Tin Can »

That's what happens when you let everyone in the TOC....errr I mean the TOE.

:lol:
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

How can anyone say that this is a championship?????

188 teams....Tournament of Everyone is what Tincan meant to say....

Was there any teams left out for gods sake?????
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

Any body have any top team results for day one . Great turnout !
1socalbass

Post by 1socalbass »

Yes we have a great turnout up here. We have 181 boats for the total count, and we have teams from Washington State, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada.
Just for the record we do not let everyone come to our fish off. We have about 40 Regions throughout the 11 Western States. Qualifiers form each of the regions can choose the Classic they would like to attend, we also had very good attendance at our Northwest Classic and our South Classic.

Here is a link to the day one results:

http://www.americanbass.com/2010_no_results_day1.pdf

Jason Sutherland - ABA Office
American Bass #1 Team Tournament Organization in the West www.americanbass.com, www.americanbass.mobi, Facebook.com/AmericanBass
Sponsors: RangerBoats,Mercury,Daiwa,Optimum Baits,Deps,IMA,Reins,AnglersMarine,Navionics,Lowrance,Ron Speed Jr Adventures
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Please let me fill you folks in on a little secret. ABA has its Shizzle together. It has Father/sons, Father/daughters/Husband/wifes, Boyfiend/Girlfriends, Touring pro's and great long time Team partners. Thats, boys and girls how you get the best boat sponser, Ranger. They appeal to a broad base and draw from a big area and have lots of EXPOSURE, not to mention they are as professional as it gets. Looks like they are doing things right to me. The numbers dont lie. More boats in the South and more in the North than anyone else. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Brian

Post by Brian »

Tin Can wrote:That's what happens when you let everyone in the TOC....errr I mean the TOE.

TYPICAL NON TOURNEY FISHING FOOL WITH A SMART A$$ REMARK....... :roll:
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

Lets understand something here, IMHO a Tournament of Champions should be just that....when you put this sentence in your rules...

Any team must compete in a minimum of 5 events in any region to qualify to compete in the American Bass Team Classic for that region.

That allows a team to weigh just ONE fish in each of those 5 events and qualify for the TOC!!! That is what is ridiculous here. I know ABA draws from alot of different Western States and has alot of different regions, however that doesn't mean that every team that fished the minimum of 5 events should make the TOC.

How about changing that sentence to read...

Any team must compete in a minimum of 5 events AND finishes in the top-10 in points in any region to qualify to compete in the American Bass Team Classic .

This would keep your boat counts up because there would always be a "fight" to make that top-10 cut....take a look at the NASCAR Chase. That would also cut this TOC field down to around 100 or so boats and be a TRUE Tournament of Champions. I have been to the last two ABA TOC's held on Clear Lake and ABA runs an awesome show. In 2008 WE MADE THE TOC AND WE DID NOT DESERVE TO BE THERE AS WE FINISHED 16TH IN POINTS IN OUR REGION!!!! My partner and I have missed two tournaments in our local region in the past 3 years, so we have supported ABA all season long. We made the choice this year to miss this TOC because of the exact issue we have with ABA about TOC qualifications.

On November 13th my son and I will start the ABA season in one of the local regions near our house and will try to make the TOC next year, which would be his first. So my support of ABA is not in question.

I brought this up last year after the TOC last year and Mr Sutherland put it off until the end of the season because the season had started in some regions and the rule book could not be changed after the season started. Totally understandable, but it needs to be looked at because a TOC doesn't need "filler" teams unless it is all about the money.
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

I have fished ABA for a number of years as Team and Solo Competitor. I have qualified for a number of TOC's, maybe by your qualifications as a "filler". And thats okay. ABA to me represents the Highest level of competition for Seasoned "pros" and entry level angler teams to compete together. It is a great way to introduce new anglers to tourny fishing and Team tournys. I personally like the format because I can Qualify for the TOC and have a shot to win a new Boat. I try hard every tourny I fish, I spend time on the water but my skills may not match up to those consitently in the Top 10 but thats not to say I dont try my best. Guys that finish in the top 20 put the same amount of money as the top 10, but we all fish for the same thing... TO WIN. I fished with my son, and at times he can catch some good ones. The reality of it is I know a Top 5 finish would truly be a blessing, but to be able to compete with some of the Best So. Cal Anglers through the ABA and have affordable entry fees for my son and I make a huge difference. And in the fact that there is a possiblity to fish the TOC for a new boat (even though it is a RAnger). I'll keep fishing ABA. Change the TOC qualifications and my son and I probably wont fish. One thing that really stands out about this Organization is that it is "FAMILY ORIENTED".
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

WOW, sounds like a lot of controversy happened yesterday. Looks like the wheels fell off during weigh-in's.
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
rmbumpus

Post by rmbumpus »

I worked the live release boat today at the ABA. Lots of nice 3 to 4 pound healthy Clear Lake football size bass. A few to about 7 pounds. Limits were few. Saw 1 smallie. Siemantel and Linder win! The weather was really bad and the fishing not that good. However everyone had a really great attitude. I was impressed how smoothly things ran and how grateful the anglers were that we were there. What a great bunch of fisherman.
Last edited by rmbumpus on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
DL

Post by DL »

Did I miss something or did a post get pulled??? I've read this thread 3 times and all I read is more shyt about an organization. A TOC draws 188 boats and gets called out for it. I think we have officially reached the bottom as a community.... :cry:
Last edited by DL on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Feel the steel"
sTony

Post by sTony »

DL wrote:
Guy Williams wrote:WOW, sounds like a lot of controversy happened yesterday. Looks like the wheels fell off during weigh-in's.
Guy Williams
Did I miss something or did a post get pulled??? I've read this thread 3 times and all I read is more shyt about an organization. A TOC draws 188 boats and gets called out for it. I think we have officially reached the bottom as a community.... :cry:
According to the logs, a user deleted his own message. So yes, the thread has changed.

sTony
DL

Post by DL »

sTony wrote:
DL wrote:
Guy Williams wrote:WOW, sounds like a lot of controversy happened yesterday. Looks like the wheels fell off during weigh-in's.
Guy Williams
According to the logs, a user deleted his own message. So yes, the thread has changed.

sTony
Ok. I edited my post because I didn't want Guy to think I was referring to his post...
"Feel the steel"
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

Was there any tournaments this year that drew th
at many boats. Congrats
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I swear. Some of you guys would complain if your ice cream was cold.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
sTony

Post by sTony »

Greg_Cornish wrote:I swear. Some of you guys would complain if your ice cream was cold.

Truer words never spoken.

sTony
Marty

Post by Marty »

I like my ice cream soft!

188 boats for one tournament is fantastic even if it was a TOC. Just maybe teams keep coming back during the regular season and paying to fish even if they did not win is because they can make the TOC. This makes the winnings better for those that win plus gives an incentive for other to keep fishing. Which is one reason as the season progress the numbers go down. As for those that are top notch anglers the cream will raise to the top.

A lot of guys and gals don’t have the money to fish every tournament or circuit that comes along and have to choose what it best for them and this could be one reason the ABA TOC had 188 boats. Good job!

‘O’ by the way I did not fish the ABA this year but looking at it next year.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Tin Can wrote:That's what happens when you let everyone in the TOC....errr I mean the TOE.
They could change the name if that would make you feel better. Maybe call it the "End of the Year Whoop de Doo" or whatever makes ya feel good. Bottom line is they drew 188 boats!!! NOBODY has come close to that this year that I can think of. While it may not be a true TOC, it's still one hell of an accomplishment.

Good job ABA
sTony

Post by sTony »

I'm thinking the local ClearLake community had to get a lot of benefit from having that many folks in town to fish a tournament. That impact is good for bass fishing when events like this happen.

I don't see any harm in having a BIG field TOC. The WRL just had what 166 boats to their TOC. No one that was there wasn't qualified in with the rules as laid out in the beginning of the season.

American Bass has been running this type TOC for a long time. I would think they should be complimented for it, not chastised.

Hats off to American Bass for attracting the field of competitors that they do!

sTony
Mike

Post by Mike »

I agree the name should be changed to YET (Year End Tournament). A TOC (Tournament Of Champions) is supposed to be just that. The top 10 in points in each region should be invited to compete for the top team of the year. Not every team that paid entries. I know, it all comes down to $$ The want 188 boats to pay the $10 conservation Fee, $10 Late Fee, $10 Polygraph Fee, $10 Insurance Fee, Shirt Fee, Dinner Fee. It all comes down to Business. Not whats best for the anglers. That's why I opted to stay home.
OG on WB since 1993
Bassman35

Post by Bassman35 »

I'm just curious, is there an organization that a team circuit in this area that a team fished 5 tournaments and didn't make the TOC? Isn't that what the TOC's have always been about? Starting mid pack making the top 30 and growing with the experience of the TOC? Why in the world are most people mad because they can't draw that many boats. Other than the rookie leagues, I didn't see anyone getting the numbers of ABA, but I could be wrong. Can someone post something showing me I'm wrong? ABA has been the only circuit growing, HUMM wonder why?
Bryan
captjohn71

Post by captjohn71 »

Like it really matters how many boats they draw at the TOC the cream always rises to the top.
Brian

Post by Brian »

It's already called the "Team Classic" not the TOC............... You guys need to learn to read. :roll:
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
flipit

Post by flipit »

Mike wrote:I agree the name should be changed to YET (Year End Tournament). A TOC (Tournament Of Champions) is supposed to be just that. The top 10 in points in each region should be invited to compete for the top team of the year. Not every team that paid entries. I know, it all comes down to $$ The want 188 boats to pay the $10 conservation Fee, $10 Late Fee, $10 Polygraph Fee, $10 Insurance Fee, Shirt Fee, Dinner Fee. It all comes down to Business. Not whats best for the anglers. That's why I opted to stay home.

Not trying to single you out Mike, I was thinking the same thing. Then I went to their site(ABA) and counted 39 regions before I stopped counting. 10 per region would have been 390 teams. There was 13 in just the Nor Cal, add in North West and Southern and it really jumps.
One thing I have noticed is this increased numbers in TOC's is that the weights to win are still about the same as the 30 boat team tournaments on the same body of water. Second there is alot more option money for those that do catch em good.
As for the additional fee's, well I always complain about those, but what can ya do?
Fishing should be fun.
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

flipit wrote: Not trying to single you out Mike, I was thinking the same thing. Then I went to their site(ABA) and counted 39 regions before I stopped counting. 10 per region would have been 390 teams. There was 13 in just the Nor Cal, add in North West and Southern and it really jumps.
One thing I have noticed is this increased numbers in TOC's is that the weights to win are still about the same as the 30 boat team tournaments on the same body of water. Second there is alot more option money for those that do catch em good.
As for the additional fee's, well I always complain about those, but what can ya do?

However, this was the Northern Team Classic in which teams from the 13 regions within that area would be qualfied. Take the top-10 from each and you are in the neighborhood of 130 teams. Just cause someone qualifed from another region doesn't mean they should AUTOMATICALLY get a berth in this regions TOC.

Question....does any of the SoCal Regions TOC money get sent to the northern TOC to cover those teams that crossover??? I don't have that answer, but is an interesting question.

Understand this FACT.....If you consider DRAWING 188 boats to at TOC a good thing, something is seriously wrong!!!!! TOC's are NOT supposed to DRAW teams to them, the anglers are supposed to EARN their way there. This is what is so wrong with the mentality of our country in that "everyone is special" and "deserves" to get taken care of!!! Horsecrap.....earn your own keep!!!!
Mike

Post by Mike »

True we wre fishing against the fish and not 188 boats, but 188 boats on CL is allot and it fishes small with many boats on the sweet spots. It was just meant to be a accomplishment to make a TOC not a given. I guess I'm getting old and things are changing.. (for the worse) IMO
OG on WB since 1993
DL

Post by DL »

Scott Shambre wrote: Understand this FACT.....If you consider DRAWING 188 boats to at TOC a good thing, something is seriously wrong!!!!! TOC's are NOT supposed to DRAW teams to them, the anglers are supposed to EARN their way there. This is what is so wrong with the mentality of our country in that "everyone is special" and "deserves" to get taken care of!!! Horsecrap.....earn your own keep!!!!
Feel free to start the SSTT trail, qualify 10% of the field, and see how many boats you get. 10% of 9 is less than 1. Try selling that to the sponsor you are trying to get to supply a boat for your "TOC" with less than one boat. Yes this is an extreme example but sponsors are about exposure, and when ABA tells Ranger they had 188 boats and 396 anglers at their Clear Lake TOC, it makes it a hell of a lot easier for Ranger Boats to make a decision for 2011 and beyond.
"Feel the steel"
sTony

Post by sTony »

Scott Shambre wrote: Understand this FACT...

Come on, Scott. It's your opinion, not a fact. It may be shared by some but certainly not by all. It's not universal knowledge, man. There's more then one way to do just about anything. No one's right and no one's wrong.

Why jump down on American Bass? They've always had a large field TOC at Clear Lake at the season's end. It's a tradition that I'm sure they'll proudly continue.

sTony
sTony

Post by sTony »

The day we start complaining about a tournament circuit that brings in the type of economic impact a 188 field event does for a community is the day we basically just all ought to close shop and go home.

Our economy needs events like this. Our industry certainly doesn't suffer from it at all. Quite the contrary.

Even so, all it take is for 12 regions to qualify 15 boats each to get to a big number. And with American Bass, if you qualify for any of their TOC's you qualify for all of them. I think it's this way with some other orgs as well.

In their Delta Region they averaged 40+ boats per event. I assume they had some other strong regions as well.

Besides, more folks there, if they had options, means more money to pay to the field. And they definitely did that with cash and prizes over $95,000.00.

Dude, these guys are doing everything right and should be commended for it. There anglers seem pleased as they show up in droves to compete in that event.

sTony
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Brian wrote:

TYPICAL NON TOURNEY FISHING FOOL WITH A SMART A$$ REMARK....... :roll:
You're right, I will just hide and talk smack in a private forum like you. :evil:
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

If you qualify for the Anglers Choice TOC, cant you fish them all too? Rick G.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
sTony

Post by sTony »

Rick G wrote:If you qualify for the Anglers Choice TOC, cant you fish them all too? Rick G.
Yes, everywhere they happen.

sTony
Scott Shambre

Post by Scott Shambre »

And Anglers Choice had 131 boats in their 13 circuits within Region 1. A/C has a more respectable qualification standard and makes their year end championship something to aim for and not just "show up" to.

17.) CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING: You must fish a minimum of 5 regularly scheduled team tournaments during the year to qualify for a championship berth based on points system. You must fish a minimum of 6 regularly scheduled team to qualify for a championship berth based on the "Wild Card" system. Championship qualifiers will be determined after the last regularly scheduled tournament in each division. Angler's Choice reserves the right to allow alternate teams to participate in regional championships to ensure full fields. To qualify for a "Wild Card" berth teams must fish 6 of 7 qualifying events. "Wild Card" qualifying shall be determined by their finishing position in the last tournament of the year and after points qualifiers have been removed.

This is the type of qual standard that should be more the norm....
20 or less boat average will qualify 8 teams plus 2 wild cards.
21 - 25 boat average will qualify 12 teams plus 5 wild cards.
26 - 30 boat average will qualify 16 teams plus 5 wild cards.
31 - 40 boat average will qualify 18 teams plus 6 wild cards.
41 - 50 boat average will qualify 20 teams plus 7 wild cards.
51 - 60 boat average will qualify 22 teams plus 8 wild cards.
61 - 70 boat average will qualify 24 teams plus 9 wild cards.
71 - 80 boat average will qualify 26 teams plus 10 wild cards.
80 and above boat average will qualify 40% of average plus 14 wild card

Every team knows this standard going in and A/C has been comparable and in some cases better in terms of single event turnout across all of region one.

JUST CHANGE THE NAME TO THE TOURNAMENT OF EVERYONE
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

sTony wrote:The WRL just had what 166 boats to their TOC. No one that was there wasn't qualified in with the rules as laid out in the beginning of the season.

sTony
There is a Org out there that would change the rules at the end of the season ??....Really ?? No !!!! Really...
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

sTony wrote:The day we start complaining about a tournament circuit that brings in the type of economic impact a 188 field event does for a community is the day we basically just all ought to close shop and go home.

Our economy needs events like this. Our industry certainly doesn't suffer from it at all. Quite the contrary.

Even so, all it take is for 12 regions to qualify 15 boats each to get to a big number. And with American Bass, if you qualify for any of their TOC's you qualify for all of them. I think it's this way with some other orgs as well.

In their Delta Region they averaged 40+ boats per event. I assume they had some other strong regions as well.

Besides, more folks there, if they had options, means more money to pay to the field. And they definitely did that with cash and prizes over $95,000.00.

Dude, these guys are doing everything right and should be commended for it. There anglers seem pleased as they show up in droves to compete in that event.

sTony
Yep... very well said and they are doing it by their posted rules and qualifications of the TOC before the start of the season... so everyone knows what they are up against..
flipit

Post by flipit »

However, this was the Northern Team Classic in which teams from the 13 regions within that area would be qualfied. Take the top-10 from each and you are in the neighborhood of 130 teams. Just cause someone qualifed from another region doesn't mean they should AUTOMATICALLY get a berth in this regions TOC.

Question....does any of the SoCal Regions TOC money get sent to the northern TOC to cover those teams that crossover??? I don't have that answer, but is an interesting question.

Understand this FACT.....If you consider DRAWING 188 boats to at TOC a good thing, something is seriously wrong!!!!! TOC's are NOT supposed to DRAW teams to them, the anglers are supposed to EARN their way there. This is what is so wrong with the mentality of our country in that "everyone is special" and "deserves" to get taken care of!!! Horsecrap.....earn your own keep!!!![/quote]

Good points Scott, and perhaps I have a little insight on the subject. Seem the TOC numbers have grown since Ive been fishing the past 10 years. I have heard something to the tune of the org's using the number of boats attending the TOC's as a tool to get some money to bring the event to the lake or where ever it is being held. Not sure uf they are all doing this, But I would think they are. Its too bad the anglers dont get something out of this too.
Im also assuming that they do not transfer money from one event south to the north event. Other then increased option money. Personally I find the large fields alot of fun. However Mike is right about Clear Lake fishing small. Perhaps in better economic times we could push for a 80 boat event(sounds like a good number to me), then again I may not have made it this year as I had a bad year :oops: . Then again it seems to me that the orgs giving boats away all had large TOC's so perhaps the sponsors want bigger numbers too.
Fishing should be fun.
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. I fish the South events because I live down here, but if an Organization is going to give me the choice and I have to delcare at the beginning of the season which TOC I want to go to. My choice is going to be CLear Lake over Mead anyday. Unfortunately my team partner has school so the 10 hr drive one way and the time missed plays a big factor in why we haven't made it to a TOC yet.
Kolt45

Post by Kolt45 »

bryanmc wrote:
They could change the name if that would make you feel better. Maybe call it the "End of the Year Whoop de Doo" or whatever makes ya feel good. Bottom line is they drew 188 boats!!! NOBODY has come close to that this year that I can think of. While it may not be a true TOC, it's still one hell of an accomplishment.

Good job ABA
Nobody? I've got a dollar that says one org came pretty close. 100% WRL drew 176 boats for their TOC. And that's just Cali, not the entire West Coast Region.
Phil

Post by Phil »

The top 20% from each circuit should qualify to go to either a southern fish off or a northern fish off, Then have the top 20% go to a Western TOC at a Ghost lake in between ?
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Ok... I stand corrected. I was thinking more along the lines of FLW, WON, AC etc. I don't pay much attention to FPT or WRL since I don't qualify to fish them. 176 is a great number too.
Kbeever

Post by Kbeever »

You guys that are pushing for tougher more stringent guidelines to make the TOC are only cutting your own throats. If YOU are truly that more superior than those guys "Who just showed up" (remember those who "who just showed up" probably didn't cash a check and donated to the cause) than you shouldn't be concerned on the the qualifying standards. I don't remember seeing any of your names on the "Elite Series Trail" and I doubt this is your only source of income, so why are you intimidated on "Everyone Fishing". And you wonder why the turn outs are so weak on most of the circuits. I used to not mind donating when the cash machine was on at work, but now that things have slowed down, I am not going to donate to Mr. Johnny local who wins every month and fishes the lake 2 times a WEEK.

So if you want to make it tougher to qualify and essentially give the average Joe nothing to look forward to if he doesn't do well, than do it. Watch and see how many people show up after the first two tournaments.

And lastly, why would someone who was a "Champion" care about who was fishing against them if they were that good.

I guess EGO is all some people have....or at least want to have.

Keith Beever
g-man

Post by g-man »

Kbeever wrote:You guys that are pushing for tougher more stringent guidelines to make the TOC are only cutting your own throats. If YOU are truly that more superior than those guys "Who just showed up" (remember those who "who just showed up" probably didn't cash a check and donated to the cause) than you shouldn't be concerned on the the qualifying standards. I don't remember seeing any of your names on the "Elite Series Trail" and I doubt this is your only source of income, so why are you intimidated on "Everyone Fishing". And you wonder why the turn outs are so weak on most of the circuits. I used to not mind donating when the cash machine was on at work, but now that things have slowed down, I am not going to donate to Mr. Johnny local who wins every month and fishes the lake 2 times a WEEK.

So if you want to make it tougher to qualify and essentially give the average Joe nothing to look forward to if he doesn't do well, than do it. Watch and see how many people show up after the first two tournaments.

And lastly, why would someone who was a "Champion" care about who was fishing against them if they were that good.

I guess EGO is all some people have....or at least want to have.

Keith Beever
Its not about people being better then others, its about earning your way there. Its suppose to be a TOC just cause you fished X amount of tourneys is not earning your way there its buying your way there. Regardless of how good someone is anyone can win at anytime, and more boats equals less places to fish. It has nothing to do with ego!
100% LL
sTony

Post by sTony »

Who the heck cares, it is what it is. You guys can argue all you want and it just makes you look like jackasses, which may be your intent anyway, I don't know and I don't care.

What you're saying is merely your opinions, not right nor wrong.

If you don't like how this org runs 'their' TOC then don't fish 'em. To try to sway public opinion against them just because they don't do what YOU want them to is BS. They've run a large field TOC for the past couple decades. It's what they do and their customers like it.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Just to make it clear I'm not aguing with anyone, nor do I care how many boats are there. I'm just stating that it has nothing to do with ego. I made it to the TOC and didn't even go cause of work, and money being tight these days. Hell, the TOC costs more money to fish then the regular seasonal tourneys with all the options, gas, multiple days on the water. Sure I tend to lean towards less boats in the TOC, but it has never really bothered me that its not that way.

To say that people look like jackasses for stating their opinion is not very nice Tony. :lol:

Just sayin...
100% LL
sTony

Post by sTony »

g-man wrote:

To say that people look like jackasses for stating their opinion is not very nice Tony. :lol:

Just sayin...

And I do apologize, :wink: Just sure wish the banging on orgs would stop.

sTony
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

g-man wrote:Just to make it clear I'm not aguing with anyone, nor do I care how many boats are there. I'm just stating that it has nothing to do with ego. I made it to the TOC and didn't even go cause of work, and money being tight these days. Hell, the TOC costs more money to fish then the regular seasonal tourneys with all the options, gas, multiple days on the water. Sure I tend to lean towards less boats in the TOC, but it has never really bothered me that its not that way.

Just sayin...
Okay, try fishing with a ten year old who can't split the cost of expenses, then see how really expensive it gets. I donate, sure. but like Wesley Snipes said in the movie White Men Can't Jump " even the sun must shine on a dogs A## somedays". I fish to win, not just show up to qualify. ABA is one of the Best Org.'s around and the competition is very good. And pretty much everyone in the Southern regions are pretty helpful.
g-man

Post by g-man »

DAKINE198 wrote:
g-man wrote:Just to make it clear I'm not aguing with anyone, nor do I care how many boats are there. I'm just stating that it has nothing to do with ego. I made it to the TOC and didn't even go cause of work, and money being tight these days. Hell, the TOC costs more money to fish then the regular seasonal tourneys with all the options, gas, multiple days on the water. Sure I tend to lean towards less boats in the TOC, but it has never really bothered me that its not that way.

Just sayin...
Okay, try fishing with a ten year old who can't split the cost of expenses, then see how really expensive it gets. I donate, sure. but like Wesley Snipes said in the movie White Men Can't Jump " even the sun must shine on a dogs A## somedays". I fish to win, not just show up to qualify. ABA is one of the Best Org.'s around and the competition is very good. And pretty much everyone in the Southern regions are pretty helpful.
I'm sure it is expensive, we all have our limits on what we can, and can't afford to fish! And we all fish to win thats what its all about, the competition. I fully support ABA Delta, and Folsom. GL to you and your kid...
100% LL
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

DAKINE198 wrote: try fishing with a ten year old who can't split the cost of expenses, then see how really expensive it gets.

..That is how G-man screwed Phil Burgess out of fishing the ABA TOC.

Plus Phil got tired of tying G-man's knots for him ~~ and getting G's backlashes out of his spinning reels. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

DeltaDan wrote:
DAKINE198 wrote: try fishing with a ten year old who can't split the cost of expenses, then see how really expensive it gets.

..That is how G-man screwed Phil Burgess out of fishing the ABA TOC.

Plus Phil got tired of tying G-man's knots for him ~~ and getting G's backlashes out of his spinning reels. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: