Fall Nutcase Classic??

Obi-Hub

Re: Fall Nutcase Classic??

Post by Obi-Hub »

Looking at Google Maps and it looks like Pleasure Cove Marina may have a better lower water ramp.

Markley Cove ($30): http://maps.google.com/maps?q=markley+c ... loc=A&sa=X

Pleasure Cove ($25): http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1& ... CCkQnwIwAQ

I am thinking for the extra couple minutes of driving Pleasure Cove may be the deal.

What Y'all Think?
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
sTony

Post by sTony »

"You just keep thinking, Butch er... Obi. That's what you're good at."

sTony
ASD

Post by ASD »

Went to Barry on 11/16 out of markly the ramp is ok but it will be two boats @ a time max. Their is some parking right @ the ramp for about 15 after that you have to go to the parking lot. Fishing was ok best 5 went 9.02 lb's, Also went to go out of PC first but the had a sign that said that they did not open till 8am :roll: I don't know what the sat / sun time is though.
ASD

Post by ASD »

Ok i just looked @ the pic's the water is not that low we used the ramp that is closer to the parking lot it has 2 dock @ it right know in the pic it was 0
VJ

Post by VJ »

Can any one come and play ?:D Is their any money on the line?
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
sTony

Post by sTony »

VJ wrote:Can any one come and play ?:D Is their any money on the line?
Yes, there's no money, just fun. And a potluck afterward.

sTony
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Okay, 27th marked on the calender. Terry, I'll fish with you the first session and then Marty the second! And the hell with marking a map Terry, gimme a date and I'll take ya there first hand! HAR!

@VJ, typically, we will entertain a big fish pot. It used to be that we'd charge a $10 fee, then all the proceedes would go to some charity chosen by the group. Doesn't sound like that is in the plans, but could be something we might progress to since that has always been the tradition with these things.

I'll bring the customary bag of Sausitsas fer the grill!
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Holy Crap Batman!!!! :D :D

A Cooch and Hipster sighting at the same event, Plus we drag Obi out of his S-Cal digs :P :P :P :P

Cooch,

Why the back seat? I thought you repowered Bessy 2
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Hipster wrote:Cooch, Why the back seat? I thought you repowered Bessy 2
Yup, this is gonna be fun Mark! Besse II, she's a Zipcode fisherboat! And wouldn't it be an ugly thing, if this ole Nutfart took home another set of nuts, from the back seat! :wink: HAR! HAR! HAR!
flipit

Post by flipit »

With the holidays upon us Id like to suggest we do a $10 per angler to be donated to some less fortunate kids type deal. Anyone have any ideas in that realm? Christmas is just around the corner.
Fishing should be fun.
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

flipit wrote:With the holidays upon us Id like to suggest we do a $10 per angler to be donated to some less fortunate kids type deal. Anyone have any ideas in that realm? Christmas is just around the corner.
Toys for Troops, or whatever the name of that one is.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

Wolfeman wrote:
flipit wrote:With the holidays upon us Id like to suggest we do a $10 per angler to be donated to some less fortunate kids type deal. Anyone have any ideas in that realm? Christmas is just around the corner.
- Wolfeman
Woleman its Toys for Tots..... :D

Hope to see you at Berry...?

Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
Terry G.

Post by Terry G. »

Sounds like a plan Cooch. BTW, don't make any bets with Marty...he still...here it comes Marty....a CHECK!!! :D

I'm good with whatever is decided for the donation.

Do we have a confirmed time, and launch site for Saturday the 27th.

Tony, do you still need a seat?
Terry G.
Bakersfield, CA.
flipit

Post by flipit »

Terry G. wrote:Sounds like a plan Cooch. BTW, don't make any bets with Marty...he still...here it comes Marty....a CHECK!!! :D

I'm good with whatever is decided for the donation.

Do we have a confirmed time, and launch site for Saturday the 27th.

Tony, do you still need a seat?

Speaking of launch, I really think we should reconsider Markley Cove. I hear its $20, and if that the case Id rather launch out of Capell, or if ya want facilities perhaps Paradise which is nicer. We may be able to work out a launch discount with them.
Fishing should be fun.
flipit

Post by flipit »

Kevin Evans - Kap wrote:
Wolfeman wrote:
- Wolfeman
Woleman its Toys for Tots..... :D

Hope to see you at Berry...?

Kap
Actually there is both. We just did a toys for troops at the Delta, so we can either do that if the transfer has not been made yet, or perhaps cash and we can research a family in need on our own. Some sort of mishap, maybe the victim of the hunting accident in Napa. I dont know, just shootin out ideas.
Fishing should be fun.
VJ

Post by VJ »

Cool well im excited and im up for any kind of donation. Thanks guys and if theres any other details please post or pm.
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
VJ

Post by VJ »

Just asking is it ok to have three on a boat?
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Just asking is it ok to have three on a boat?
It has happened in the past!!!!!!!!!! :)

Mark
flipit

Post by flipit »

Obi-Hub wrote:Looking at Google Maps and it looks like Pleasure Cove Marina may have a better lower water ramp.

Markley Cove ($30): http://maps.google.com/maps?q=markley+c ... loc=A&sa=X

Pleasure Cove ($25): http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1& ... CCkQnwIwAQ

I am thinking for the extra couple minutes of driving Pleasure Cove may be the deal.

What Y'all Think?

Im with ya. I think Pleasure Cove will be better. Better facilities and ramp. Actually it is better in every way shape and form. Way less 5 mph zone, closer to middle of the lake, bathrooms.
Fishing should be fun.
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

I'm bringing potato salad and beer.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
flipit

Post by flipit »

Wolfeman wrote:I'm bringing potato salad and beer.
- Wolfeman
I believe I have some veal tri=tip I can donate if someone is bringing a que. Yes it is Veal tri tip, awesome stuff.
Fishing should be fun.
ASD

Post by ASD »

Ok it sounds like this is going to be a great event / GTG :!:

Do we have a boat and or a head count :?: I want to bring some food and stuff but I don't want to bring to much or little.

Obi you started this so you are the TD :D
g-man

Post by g-man »

I've done a couple of these in the last few years, and understand how they work. My question is can I do both sessions with the same person? I Have not had the chance to fish with this mysterious person although I have know him for a few years. :wink:

Black Friday is a very busy day for me at work, and sometimes we have to work that weekend to catch up for the up coming Monday. But I'm pretty sure I can make it.
If I recall right, 2 sessions, 2 fish limit per person 4 total fish for the day??
100% LL
flipit

Post by flipit »

Im a boater with a back seater, so 2 of us. Been tryin for years to get this guy involved so be on you best behavior. :lol: :twisted:
Fishing should be fun.
ASD

Post by ASD »

1 Is this a draw or can you fish with who you want to ?
2 Is it shared weight or two fish per person per round ?
LawDog

Post by LawDog »

Ok...I've heard about this nutcase derby for a while and I think I'll be able to get there this year. Can some one finalize a launch ramp, launch time and format. I really think the $10 or $20 or whatever you want to give donation to a charity would be great. I know Jerry is on the forum every day, speak up so we can get you some more money. My vote for a launch is capel cove. I have never had any problems there and its free. We had a club tourney out of there two weeks ago and the ramp is in good condition.

Scott Povio
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Holy Crap a G-man sighting TOOOOOOO!!!

The way this these are setup is you draw a different partner for each session weigh two fis per person per session. But this is very informal I.E. Wolfeman and I are using this as a bi-annual get together and see each other so we are gonna fish together both sessions. So I think G-man can do this.

As for the lake and launch I picked Berry and Markley and there was agreement, if it is changing to capel I am out.........got ripped of there.
Markley has a store, ample parking, bathrooms, and is safe secure etc.

OBI if you chime in or send me a PM, Stony as well so we are all worked out.

Mark
flipit

Post by flipit »

Hipster wrote:Holy Crap a G-man sighting TOOOOOOO!!!

The way this these are setup is you draw a different partner for each session weigh two fis per person per session. But this is very informal I.E. Wolfeman and I are using this as a bi-annual get together and see each other so we are gonna fish together both sessions. So I think G-man can do this.

As for the lake and launch I picked Berry and Markley and there was agreement, if it is changing to capel I am out.........got ripped of there.
Markley has a store, ample parking, bathrooms, and is safe secure etc.

OBI if you chime in or send me a PM, Stony as well so we are all worked out.

Pleasure Cove is a better facility the Markley. Its safe, just down the road, better ramp, and apparently its cheaper. How the heck to these people think $30 is a fair fee to charge for launching? :shock:
Fishing should be fun.
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Flipit,

When did they start charging $30.00 ? I was there two weeks back and it was $20.00

Pleasure Cove is $30.00 if I am not mistaken, Pleasure works if need be

Mark
flipit

Post by flipit »

Hipster wrote:Flipit,

When did they start charging $30.00 ? I was there two weeks back and it was $20.00

Pleasure Cove is $30.00 if I am not mistaken, Pleasure works if need be

Not sure, someone posted up the fee's above. I always thought it was $20
Fishing should be fun.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

ASD wrote:1 Is this a draw or can you fish with who you want to ?
2 Is it shared weight or two fish per person per round ?
Scott,

As Hipster mentioned, we have in the past had a draw for partners, then a re-draw for the second session. Each Session is between 3-4 hours, depending on time of year and length of the day light period. In the beggining, these were done with the thought process and intent, that the angling community here, could git together, fish with and git to know other members, known as NUTCASEs, who they might not fish with otherwise. Having two sessions, allows each angler to git ta know and fish with 2 different Nutcases. It was at the Rally's, where it was allowed for everyone to pick a partner to fish with if they chose to do so. I'm sure, over the years, there were some circumstances where people were allowed to participate, and to fish with someone of their choice. I for one can confirm this for one year. I refused to show Mark Seaters where I was catching fish, who was designated as my 2nd session partner, so I purposely stuck it out with Chris, came in late after they blasted everyone off and got ta fish with him the 2nd session! HAR!

It would appear that either this was not layed out and explained, or the evolution of the event and folks here are taking a new direction. Either way, I don't care which we do as I would not want to disuade anyone from participating, if they aren't allowed to fish with who they want. But as past tradition goes, this event has always been a draw for partner.

As for yer second question, it IS an idividual event, so it IS NOT, shared weight, every angler is for himself. With that in mind, it's perfectly fine ta have three in a boat as someone asked. Yet, if we have a boater who is alone, it would make more sense that we do what we can to assure nobody goes all the way up there in this type of event, and fishes alone, since the original idea for this thing is really all about having fun and the anglers here getting to know one another.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Hey Nuts,

Sorry for not chiming in sooner... been fighting off bronchitis and a sinus infection :cry: ... just what ya want to git befo a 9 day vacation... NOT!! :evil:

:idea: Here is the game plan as I see it :idea:
  • :arrow: Lake Berryessa - Markley Cove - 11/27 (since water is up and on main ramp.. according to Scott... and PC may not open until 8am)

:arrow: Random Draw for first session (Bribes accepted for exceptions :twisted: ) for partners at 6:15-6:30am-ish

:arrow: Launch and go at Safe Light-ish ... 6:45 to 7-ish

:arrow: Fish first session > 7-ish to 10

:arrow: Random Draw for second session (Bribes accepted for exceptions :twisted: ) for partners at 6:15-6:30am-ish

:arrow: Fish second session > 10:30 to 1:30

:arrow: Two fish per angler per session (four fish total)

:arrow: Grubbing and Social to follow the last session
  • The prices for launching I posted earlier were from their websites and therefore may be wrong.
    I was hoping to be there right now checking things out but I am still in So Cal trying to get healthy enough to still head north to play.
Is there anything missing?

I will do another post to see who is planning on attending + boat/no-boat status + what they are bringing for grubbing
Perhaps an Admin can make it a "Sticky" :wink:
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Looking to get a site for the motorhome, so the wife called Pleasure Cove. Their launch fee is currently $25. Unfortunately, the gate won't open until 7 AM next weekend, and closes at 5 PM.

We may have a site there for the weekend, and if we can get the site we're trying to get it would be a perfect place to host the festivities. According to the website, Markely Cove has no day use picnic area, so I'm not sure whether that would prevent folks from doing the festivities in the parking lot or not, but someone may want to call and sort that out?

Long-range forecast appears to call for potential showers on Saturday.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Man somethings never change around here!

I just got off the phone with Penny at Markley Cove. They are open from 6am to 4pm next Saturday. The launch fee was quoted as $15. She advised me that there is no place on their property to have BBQ :evil: !

I have to get back to work. If someone has time, maybe they could call Pleasure Cove and suggest we would give them $15 to launch.

Let me know, I'm probably in.
I had to come back...I know...
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Thanks for the info Mike.

I hope to be up to Berryessa tomorrow or Monday. I guess I will go launch out of Pleasure Cove and see what they can do to accommodate us.
ASD

Post by ASD »

tunaman wrote:Looking to get a site for the motorhome, so the wife called Pleasure Cove. Their launch fee is currently $25. Unfortunately, the gate won't open until 7 AM next weekend, and closes at 5 PM.

We may have a site there for the weekend, and if we can get the site we're trying to get it would be a perfect place to host the festivities. According to the website, Markely Cove has no day use picnic area, so I'm not sure whether that would prevent folks from doing the festivities in the parking lot or not, but someone may want to call and sort that out?

Long-range forecast appears to call for potential showers on Saturday.

Roger
Roger
I also may be bringing my MH, Keep me in the loop as to what you are going to do as it might be nice to be next to each other for the BBQ / party :D
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Scott,

If we can work out the deal at Pleasure Cove and I can get the site I want, you would be able to park adjacent to the site and we'd have a great roomy area for the festivities.

If not, and we have to stay at Markley, then we could just park the motorhomes somewhere on the side of the road on the way home and do it roadside!

I'll keep you posted.

Roger
Tight lines forever!

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Vince Borges

Post by Vince Borges »

That's why I suggested the Delta originally! Russos, Ladds, B&W, they all have a place to stay close by and great facilities for a BBQ! Because it at Berry I will not be making it! No where close to stay and to far to drive from Modesto for just the day!
http://www.eyesurrender.com
http://www.proworm.com
http://www.basstackledepot.com
http://www.phenixrods.com
http://www.tntbaits.com
http://www.blackwaterinternationalinc.com
http://www.megastrike.com
http://www.vinceborgesoutdoors.com
ASD

Post by ASD »

tunaman wrote:
If not, and we have to stay at Markley, then we could just park the motorhomes somewhere on the side of the road on the way home and do it roadside!

Roger
If it's "roadside" we could do it by the dam. Their is a good size parking lot and it's close and free.
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Depending on the number of boats that show, I don't think the parking lot by the dam is going to work. I'm pretty sure the Sheriffs office will frown on that as well. Rodger those roads are way to narrow up there for any kind of roadside get together.

If I had the tact and the time I would give Pleasure Cove a call.

Mark, most of the element that were ripping people off at Cappells are now gone. With all but two of the resorts closed down and it being the off season, the cranksters that stayed up there and the low life's from the other side are pretty much gone. I, and plenty of others have never had an issue at the free ramp. Our club was up there last week, we had 15 boats and no issues.

We have to have someplace solid and thier blessings in my opinion. I hope we can come up with something. If so I'll be there and a friend from work.
I had to come back...I know...
flipit

Post by flipit »

Ok, I called Pleasure Cove and we cant get through the gate until 7am. Not a problem as far as Im concerned since its most likely gonna be cold. It would also allow me to sleep in a bit later. There are facilities as far as camp grounds and so forth. I still think Cappell would work fine. If we have a motor home or 2 seems the stuff needed will be on hand. Ive been there prolly 20 times in the past year and never had a problem with theft at all. Gotta remember the trout guys will be coming and going throughout the day.

I hate to think anyone would not show up because of where we launch. The other option is Markley(but no picnic stuff), but also keep in mind the long 5 mph zone in and out.
Fishing should be fun.
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

I fished Berryessa today launching at Capell Cove at about 7:30AM.

The Capell Cove launch was free, deserted and the walk from the dock to parking was quite short. I have been launching from here a lot without any issues whatsoever. It's a nice launch and it's free.

The fishing was pretty good :)
Kurt
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

ASD wrote:Roger
I also may be bringing my MH, Keep me in the loop as to what you are going to do as it might be nice to be next to each other for the BBQ / party :D
OK Scott - we got our reservation for our site at Pleasure Cove, so we will have our motorhome there near the ramp from Friday on. When Mona spoke with the staff there, they told her that there was only one other motorhome on the list so far.

We went out there today, and the fish certainly wanted to play. It was cool, a bit breezy at times, but not bad at all and the rain stayed away all day! I guess Hubspinner had the best day (if you can believe a domestic terrorist! :shock: ), but Coochie and I had fun out there also and found plenty of biters. Good to be back on Berry!!!

Roger
Tight lines forever!

ASD

Post by ASD »

Dam Brotha I wish I new you were out their. I was their fishing AC Pro Teams. We put 8.5 lb's in da boat :D but it took 15+ to win :?
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

We went out there today, and the fish certainly wanted to play. It was cool, a bit breezy at times, but not bad at all and the rain stayed away all day! I guess Hubspinner had the best day (if you can believe a domestic terrorist! ), but Coochie and I had fun out there also and found plenty of biters. Good to be back on Berry!!!
Damn Roger!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: Really Really

Prefishing for a Nutcase????? Look forward to seeing ya again on Saturday 8)

Mark
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

It is "official"... we are going out of Pleasure Cove... Sticky thread updated
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Hipster wrote:Damn Roger!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: Really Really

Yah, cuz I just suck!

Actually, it was because Obi was coming up, and originally I was going to drag the motorhome up there for the weekend last weekend, just because we haven't been able to take it out all year. Of course, with the work schedule I never got a chance to get the motorhome out and preped, so that went by the wayside. Another 16 hour day today stood in the way once more.

Looking forward to seeing you again buddy!

Roger
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

tunaman wrote:
Hipster wrote:Damn Roger!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: Really Really

Yah, cuz I just suck!

Actually with the work schedule I never got a chance to get the motorhome out and preped, so that went by the wayside. Another 16 hour day today stood in the way once more.

Roger
lol :P well there is still 8 hrs left in the day so?????????? i take it ur ready now lol :P
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Obi-Hub

Anybody need a place to stay??

Post by Obi-Hub »

I am looking at renting a cabin for Friday at Pleasure Cove since I don't want to have to drag my boat an hour or so to a "cheap, who knows how safe," motel and then have to drive that hour back to the lake Sat morning.

Here are the costs: I am figuring two can rent a 4 Person Cabin for just about the same cost as renting a "who knows how safe" motel and dragging the boat back and forth.

I rented one and the beds are already taken.
Last edited by Obi-Hub on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASD

Post by ASD »

Gary

I was going to bring up my MH for me and my buddy. It's a little tight for 3 (it's a small miny winy winabago)but you could have the table bed if you want or I can just leave it home and we could go in on a cabin with you.