It is not rumored, it is fact!

offduty

Re: It is not rumored, it is fact!

Post by offduty »

Well I would certainly wish Tony all the best with his future endeavors and hope that whoever ends up with WB can maintain the standard that is present now. I spend more time on this site than any other and it has taught me a lot, not to mention the new contacts it has helped me make. It is nice to have a forum where we are allowed to be ourselves and have mods that respond to our needs in a positive way. Tony thanks for all the years of a great site and whatever happens in your future I hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself.

Rich
Rich
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

offduty wrote:Well I would certainly wish Tony all the best with his future endeavors and hope that whoever ends up with WB can maintain the standard that is present now. I spend more time on this site than any other and it has taught me a lot, not to mention the new contacts it has helped me make. It is nice to have a forum where we are allowed to be ourselves and have mods that respond to our needs in a positive way. Tony thanks for all the years of a great site and whatever happens in your future I hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself.

Rich
+1 Hope it goes really well for you. You deserve it.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

14 years is a long time.

sTony, THANK YOU!

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

It cannot be an easy thing to put a labor of love up for sale..I can only say the value I have gotten from this site is far beyond any possible sale price Tony may get..I can only wish him the best and pray for the continued success of the site..Tony has provided so many of us with something very special, we will never be able to thank him enough...

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
flipit

Post by flipit »

Im in the market, what kinda dinner we talkin?
Fishing should be fun.
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Kinda sad folks! Tony and crew have provided me personally many, many hours of enjoyment. It has been a good ride! The one thing that I try to explain to young firefighters at work is remember the folks we have lost and remember how we dealt with it and moved on. This for me is the same in the fishing community, we have lost some great folks and if anything it has made me appreciate each and every day on the water. This time frame of NCBF and then Westernbass will be a great nugget of a memory in my life. Kind of hard to express feelings on a keyboard but what I am trying to say is we have something special and it might be gone forever. In the end all we really have is our families and each other...
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Offduty said it perfect.It's going to be hard to replace sTONY but I hope sTONY will stick around to help who takes over WB to make sure it gets done right.
Thanks sTONY for making WB the best site west of the Mississippi or better yet the best bass site in the country.Good luck sTONY.
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

Asking price?
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!
ASD

Post by ASD »

lunker punker wrote:Asking price?
$5 bucks and a back rub from hippy
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

Tony is one of the coolest cats I know...this decision did not come lightly...Tony you have built this baby beautifully and with all the hard work I know you do, you can not be relaced...good luck homie
ERICK PRADO...Peace
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

Not to hijack the thread but ERICK is back!!! How you feeling?
"Jig fish are big fish"
Sumo

Post by Sumo »

Thanks Tony, for giving us the avenue to learn and share things about fishing and to find new friends, which we would never have without your website.

Tight Lines to you!
Dale (Sumo)
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

Thank you sTony.

:mrgreen:

(I know where the green/white NCBF Champion is!)
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

What the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, I only hope that we will still find a means to all keep in touch, as it will not be the same.

Good luck to ya Tony
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

I met Tony many years ago when I joined the NorCal Trophy Hunters Bass Club. Then I found out about his website called NCBF and now Western Bass it was and still is one of the best bass fishing site period. Good luck Tony !

Danny Barker
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Danny,

Do you still have contact woth Todd Crocket? damn I miss him

Mark Weichold
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

Hipster wrote:Danny,

Do you still have contact woth Todd Crocket? damn I miss him

Mark Weichold
Hi Mark, no i don't and I miss Toad myself. He had a big influence on my fishing Folsom when I lived in NorCal and so did that club. I'm living in FL now and chasin those green fish, hope all is going good for you. Have a great holiday season and good fishing as well.

Danny Barker
912nitro

Post by 912nitro »

Andy Giannini wrote:Thank you sTony.

:mrgreen:

(I know where the green/white NCBF Champion is!)

Me Too
Wise men STILL seek Him....
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Maybe I should buy it! :mrgreen:
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Pat

Post by Pat »

Tony,

I remember how exciting it was when you decided to take over the site from Bob Taylor. We were afraid we were going to lose our beloved NCBF. Not only did we not lose it, you made it better a hundred fold. I have many fond memories and friends I can attribute to your efforts. Though I don't come around much any more, I still gotta say "Thank You!"

Best wishes for the sale and your future endeavors. You have set the bar pretty high indeed.

Pat
sTony

Post by sTony »

Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes. I've been a bit under the weather as of late and can't really talk here about the status of the website. When I can I will let you know what's going. For now, the site is up and running strong and will continue to do so for some time to come.

My thanks,

sTony
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

sTony,

Although I haven't been active in quite a long time, some of my fondest memories were with you and the Nutcases. Although its been from a distance, I've watched you take NCBF from where it was at your first Nutcase Classic at Amador to where its become, an established, well respected and very successful business known as Westernbass. This is because of your hard work and dedication and also just because you're a great, all-around guy! Good luck to you and your family in your future endeavors and hopefully I'll run into you sometime around town. Take care and thanks for the great memories. Its been a pleasure.

TonyB
Scott V.

Post by Scott V. »

Altho this tread is over a month old, I will say that I wish sTony the best in his future endeavors.
I appreciate all you did to carry this site on from the Bob Taylor days, and take it to a level that only you could have the vision for.
I wish you well my friend. ........Scott V.
DDawg

Post by DDawg »

Scott V. wrote:Altho this tread is over a month old, I will say that I wish sTony the best in his future endeavors.
I appreciate all you did to carry this site on from the Bob Taylor days, and take it to a level that only you could have the vision for.
I wish you well my friend. ........Scott V.
Dang Tony......... I don't know how to say any more than has been already.
I came here (NCBF) just after the transition from Bob, helped run how many of the early NCC's, learned how much, and even though I haven't so much as fished for a bass in I can't remember how long, I still pop in to check on the guys I met through here.
That list is topped by you my friend!
I haven't been the friend I should have over the years, been too wrapped up in my own stuff, but you are the reason I still stop by here!
I wish you, April, & the kids all the best!
Dave
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Since I came on board and had my first Nutcase with NCBF and Westernbass.com it has been great. Many new friends and good times fishing, with sTony's help and this site. I wish him all the best in what ever and where ever he takes it. Bill K :D
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Heard it sold, who bought it?
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
Dom

Post by Dom »

WOW!!!! I AM Shocked!! It seems like forever (since the NCBF DAYS) sTony that you have ran this site , I for one am SAD to see you sell. This site as been a big part of my life and I think alot of others as well. I am not on or post as much as I use to, but then again fishing has become just one of many hobbies I enjoy these days. I understand we grow up get older and other things just become more importent then fishing. I really hope you have found somthing more importent in life and moving forward towards a better future. (Harbor Master?) Anyway I am sad to see you go this place will never be the same for me anyways without you deleting my post LOL LOL . I wish you well my friend and hope what ever you got going on the back burner works out great for you.

This ones for you

"DOM THE HAWG HUNTER"
PS there was a time I know that name gave you tons of grief :)

See ya on Facebook:)
Tight Lines Dom