12-13 report

SLoGiN

12-13 report

Post by SLoGiN »

launched at new hope on the moke and fished around beaver hog and sycamore sloughs for nothing....decide to head out to the old sacramento but the lockes were closed so we got out of the water and headed to rio vista and launched at the city ramp around 1030....if you guys know of a website or phone # to call to find out if the lockes are open or closed id love to have it...anyway headed out of rio vista up to steamboat slough....water was alittle muddy....1 foot visability....threw white fishtraps for an hour in twelve feet near the mouth....nothing....headed over to liberty isl ....got 12 swimbait fish right away in 10 feet all 18 to 22 inches...fishing super slow then nothing for 30 mins so we head into the 5 foot flats to try some topwater....first cast with a trout pattern the one...huge blowup...big fish....knocks the bait out of the water but didnt come back....1st cast jinx on....nothing for the next 45 mins....my buddy gets one on a bone the one about 24 inches....then nothing for us the final hour....water was 54-55 everywhere we fished and stained
DeltaDan

Re: 12-13 report

Post by DeltaDan »

Slogin - The Lock usually close in the 1st week of Nov. Somtimes as early as the 2-3ard week in Oct. But it is open to the water resources in thier game and opens up in late March/April.

I believe it's original designated purpose for flood control to protect the levee's on either side after the big levee break around 69' ~'70'ish or so. But again I am prolly more than likely wrong again.... Other than my parents were there in Isleton in their 28' Owens when it broke while on the water.

Libetry IS. breaks on the outgoing is really cool to fish ! The rock walls on the south side have actually been way better for me in the Spring with cranks and SB's. Now Casche Sl/Lindsey Slough can really put out ALOT better fish in the size of Hens in Febuary/March than just staying around Liberty.

Problem is there that -- You gotta get them before Miguel and his Posse with their live bait/artificials and tequilla can catch them!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

......And they know that Island and the WEATHER conditons for the tide patterns and the moon cycle very VERY well !!
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
spyongbob

Post by spyongbob »

You can find out if the gates are open/closed by checking website for USBR (Burea of Reclamation) www.USBR.gov/mp/cvd/vungvari/doc_chng.txt (not sure if I got the website right). Their reasoning for closing is for fish protection. Whenever salmon are detected coming thru, they close it.
SLoGiN

Post by SLoGiN »

thanks for the info guys
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

SLoGiN wrote:on the moke and fished around beaver hog and sycamore sloughs for nothing....
Also Slogin- Those area's have been like the salton sea for dead activity- including Terminous Cove for the last two years running. For Nothing even really.

Sucks when you leave Oakley @ 0440 in the fog - and risk life and limb on the water trusting your GPS to get up there - and be rewarded with the same same.

NO BAIT IN THE WATER !! :cry:

Between the big Stockton kill and possibly the pumps playing their part down south (they thrived even with the pumps befoe the Stockton kill) That entire area has been a big wasteland.

Grass and Dad's may save it for a later time in the future -- But not for winter any more to me for my petrol in running up there.

But I honestly believe I could of done ALOT better in Horseshoe Bend and outside of Decker Is. for this time of year and hitting the early Hens in Broad/Sheram in the fog and warmer waters now if they decide to come up ealry this year. Image

Rain run-off/water temp and visability will play a big factor - but this so far has been an even warmer Winter than last years to myself ... with still gin clear water. :?

As much as I fished DBAy in Nov - I never once saw an evening boil of Shad before sundown up till 2200 beforec alling it a night in 3 differents area of DBay.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )