Got my 2011 license online

Otay Michael

Got my 2011 license online

Post by Otay Michael »

Read on another site about the DFG online option to purchase you license. Thought I'd give it a try, as some folks were talking about problems getting them at the usual sporting goods stores. I got the freshwater, ocean stamp and the Col. River stamp all at the same time. You print out a temp. license after the purchase and they mail you the real one within two weeks.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/ols/intro.html
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
mark poulson

Re: Got my 2011 license online

Post by mark poulson »

I did the same thing a week ago, and it came yesterday in the mail.
It's probably a good thing for the smaller mom and pop stores.
Licenses are no money maker for most stores that sell them, and they're more trouble than they're worth. They make something like $.20 per license, and have to buy a book of them up front. Then they have to return the unsold licenses and get a refund for whatever's unsold at the end of the year. I think most places sell them for the walkup business that comes with them.
I heard DFG is putting kiosks in stores, like ATM machines, where you can buy licenses now, but a lot of places don't want to bother because it involves in-wall installation.
So online seems the easiest way to go now, unless you can find a store with one of the kiosks.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

Got my yearly envelope for my lifetime license in the mail and chose to do the online route for receiving it. Under no circumstances should you try to laminate this new license, it is thermal paper and when you apply heat to it.........it turns jet black :oops: . Take this from someone who found out the hard way... Have a great new year and good fishing.

Jason Bubier
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

That was easy just did mine :wink:
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Thank you for the link, easy to follow the instructions and save time looking for a store with the new DFG machine.
Tom
JJCJR

Post by JJCJR »

Sounds like a good option.

Right now we hear even Walmart is balking at what they have to go through in order to distribute CA Fishing Licenses. Leave it to CA to screw up a good thing.

Gene, I believe you are one of the small type operations that have been able to work out the details. How difficult was it for you?
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Fast 492 has a good point make sure you don't leave them in the dash or in any direct sunlight the same thing will happen to them.
The Hook has had the automated system for a month and we have had no problems with them. The advantage of buying your license from one of us that have the system you get your license right away you don't have to wait for it. Your also putting and extra buck in the small business persons pocket.
We have it at the Oakley store and we will also have it at the Bethel Island store.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

All you Perris NutCases good to go? Santa bring you one? :lol:
Lucky dogs.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.