Henry Coe State Park?

Herboski13

Henry Coe State Park?

Post by Herboski13 »

My friend and I are planning a trip to Henry Coe State Park, we both are avid hikers and avid fishermen. I was just wonder has anyone ever been there and if you have any hints/reccomendations for the area? Any advice would help and would be appreciated!
Sacto John

Re: Henry Coe State Park?

Post by Sacto John »

I have been three times, most recently last year. Mississippi Lake has the best bass fishing with plenty of 12-14 inch bass to keep you bust all day long. We fished Coit lake years ago but it is full of very small fish and gets greater pressure because of its proximity to bike trails. The problem is shore access, so we bite the bullet and pack in float tubes. The hike to Mississippi is 12 miles of mostly old jeep trails (straight up and straight down, very few switchbacks) which is kinda a bitch. Me and my buddies are planning another trip this year so it is more then worth it. As for tackle don't bother bringing too much all you need is Senkos and your favorite soft plastic top-water baits (Horny Toads) If you want anymore info send me a PM
Trackerbass

Post by Trackerbass »

I've been there several times. The previous post is exactly right. The trails are a bitch and Mississippi is by far the best. All the ponds are loaded with bass but they're biggest in Mississippi.(not big, but bigger) There's a good camping spot at the end furthest from the dam. Nice and flat and there's a picnic table. I would also add a 1/4 oz white spinnerbait. I outfished my buddies by 5-1 on the spinner the last time I was there. If you're going in summer, bring LOTS of water for the trail. It's VERY hot and VERY dry! I will only go in the spring now. It's not worth the effort to me in the summer. Have fun and don't forget your camera. There's a lot of wildlife and they're not too shy.
Herboski13

Post by Herboski13 »

Thank you both very much. It really helps I'm just kind of walking into this thing blind so thanks for heading me in the right direction.