Folsom 6lb 7oz Spotted Bass

Bobby Burgess

Folsom 6lb 7oz Spotted Bass

Post by Bobby Burgess »

I caught this 6 pound 7 ounce spotted bass last Saturday with a friend present to admire this beauty. She fell for a jig in @ 15 feet of water around 12noon. How would I go about getting a replica made up? I didn't measure her but I weighed her and took pictures obviously but I didn't measure her. I released this beauty back into the water so that she could have babies to grow up and be like her one day.

6lb 7oz Spot
6lb 7oz Spot
Cropped Pic.jpg (95.71 KiB) Viewed 3285 times
dbbasser

Re: Folsom 6lb 7oz Spotted Bass

Post by dbbasser »

Thats a Toad Spot !! WTG I miss fishing Folsom :( Still looking myself for a good replica for my Folsom fish.

Danny B
Bobby Burgess

Post by Bobby Burgess »

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the comment. That fish was for me a fish of a life time. If she were spawning I would guess she would be closer to 8+ pounds. You are the only one that has posted a comment. Most guys/gals are just looking for maybe a possible location so that they can fish the area. I must confess however that I did not catch the fish where the pic was taken. Besides there are a lot of big bass on this lake you just have to put your time in. Yeah Danny, I have found a place that can create me a replica yet but hopefully soon. Take care buddy....

Bobby B
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

I lived in NorCal for 40 years and Folsom was my home lake,I'm living in Central FL now.. Folsom I think has the potenial to produce a record spot, yours was a great fish and a trophy by any standards. Let me know how your replica turns out like I said I'm still looking to get my 14.6 Folsom LM done. Here's a couple of spots from Folsom that I caught......

Bobby Burgess

Post by Bobby Burgess »

Hi Danny,

Those are a couple of nice spots you have there. I didn't proof read my last message. I meant that I have not found anybody to make a replica of my fish yet but I am still searching. I will let you know as soon as I find someone and have it made. Until then my friend - tight lines.

Warmest regards,
Bobby B
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Nice fish!! I always practice the "throw 'em in the well and take a picture at the next spot" on Folsom. Glad to see I'm not the only one, haha...

-Andy
fishing freak

Post by fishing freak »

that is a great looking fish, thanx for the post an pics. i need to get out there an try my luck, whats the water temp rite now?
IF IT SWIMS, I'M FISHING FOR IT!
Bobby Burgess

Post by Bobby Burgess »

That specific day water temps were 49.7 to 50 degress.
fishing freak

Post by fishing freak »

Thanx, is that your best at folsom?
Bobby Burgess

Post by Bobby Burgess »

Yes that is my best. I have caught a few 5 to 5 1/2 pound largemouths on Folsom and a few 4+ lb spots but yes this is by far my best. I do know that this lake holds larger Spotted Bass. I went out to Oroville last saturday and I didn't even get bit. The week before went to Bullards and caught two 6inch bass, which is nothing to write home about. I guess what I am saying is some days are terrible and some days are fantastic. I guess that's why it is called "fishing" and not "catching". LOL.

Thanks,
Bobby
fishing freak

Post by fishing freak »

I heard that,glad to hear you got your best there is prob been time ha,way to go.
Bobby Burgess

Post by Bobby Burgess »

Hi Fishing Freak,

Let me rephase that last comment that I made. This is my largest Spotted Bass that I have ever caught. My personal best are a pair of 8 pound Largemouths. One on the Delta and one on Amador but an 8 lb largie is nothing compared to that 6+ pound spot that I stuck on Folsom. Yes, time on the water is what really counts. It helps you figure things out a little better as well as building confidence. Thanks for all of your comments. Tight lines.

Bobby B
Bobby Burgess

Post by Bobby Burgess »

I have only been out one other time since I caught this nice Spot. I hear the bite is tough right now. Tight lines

Bobby
sky88s

Post by sky88s »

for your question in regards to having a replica made..

replicas are hard to duplicate unless you have the required measurements (eg. length, girth, maybe weight)..

with these measurements, a taxidermist, can then try and find a body..etc etc..

pictures..i learned.. are only good to have for the last stages where coloring is involved..the more the better..i prefer to have my fish actually look like the one i caught.

most taxidermist will think they know bass and try to replicate the bass pattern..not your actual bass..this is also a vital part of how the finished product will look like.

taxidermy is expensive..shop around and really look at their fine details and work..i have yet to find a good taxidermist in CA..the best ive seen was in MT and it was dirt cheap compared to these prices in CA...

hope this helps..

Kong Moua
FLW College Series Record Holder (10.9 California Delta 05/30/2009)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSC7gpsIY0s