Welcome to the Western Bass Humminbird forum

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

Triton Mike

Welcome to the Western Bass Humminbird forum

Post by Triton Mike »

Just wanted to chime in here and introduce myself. First let me say that I have the deepest respect for the Western Anglers. You won't find many of us Easterners saying that the West has some of the best if not the best anglers in the world but I will gladly admit to that not only in tournaments but also in innovation.

A little about myself. I currently live in Atlanta, GA and guide almost exclusively for Spotted Bass. My waters are very similar to some of the waters found out West aka clear and deep and full of spots. I do a good bit of off shore fishing with spoons, dropshot and even swimbaits. I have been using Humminbird Side Imaging since inception and like Doug I have written many articles and done countless power point seminars on the subject of Electronics here in the South East.

It is of my opinion that electronics are the least understood piece of equipment on any anglers boat. We hope to help you not only understand your electronics and their capabilities but also throw out some fishing tips/strategies to help you catch more fish. My moto is if you can mash buttons you can master electronics with a little basic knowledge. Feel free to ask us any questions about anything pertaining to electronics.

Also wanted to thank Wayne and moderators of Westernbass for allowing us to do this forum as well as the image interpretation forum where it will allow us to help you with interpreting what you are seeing on your units.
Mike
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Welcome to the Western Bass Humminbird forum

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

I'm Doug Vahrenberg...fellow West Coast Angler...from the West Coast of Missouri! My favorite fishing tactics are shallow water power fishing - throwing my custom balsas but I also fish the deep clear waters of the the Ozark Mountain Lakes like Table Rock. I'm a BASS Central Open Division Pro and have also fished the FLW Stren Series and made the Top 10 in the FLW Championship at the Mobile Delta that I credit Side Imaging for my success because it allow me to see the stumps and logs at high tide when I visually could not see. I've been using Humminbird SIde Imaging since day 1 back in 2004 and last year was recognized by Johnson Outdoors as the "Employee of the Year" but I don't work for them...it was the first time anyone outside the company has won this award. I've spent thousands of hours working with Humminbird Electronics and have thousands of screen captures to show you what it can do. I've also give thousands of demo rides and helped others set their units for maximum benefits and return on their investment. I'm also very knowledgible on sister Company MinnKota Trolling Motors, Chargers and SHallow Water Anchors so if you have questions on those items I am willing to help. I look forward to helping you learn about all the features packed in Humminbird ELectronics and How to Maximize and get the most out of your Investment. Be sure to ask questions and there is no "dumb" question because I'm sure someone elese wants to know the answers. We are here to help you...so start firing away!

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson