Silverwod

BUCKBASS

Silverwod

Post by BUCKBASS »

Would like to here from the local Pro in that area how the fishing been the last couple of weeks. I know the weather is cold after this last storm but would like to here from him.
BIG L

Re: Silverwod

Post by BIG L »

Where is Kirk, that is who you are talking about isn't it.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

Yes thats who i was thinking about. I will give you a call later today.
Last edited by BUCKBASS on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Aaron,is the one to ask.I don't think Kirk fish's anymore. :lol: I would like to invite Everyone out to Silverwood Lake.This one will go off.The Lake water level is up right now and the fish seem to be biting.Looks like we are going to have Great weather also.So many Great companies and People have donated so many Great Products through the year and continue to do so!This Tourney will be no different.Come out to see What it will be this week.I would like to Thank- Arrowhead Sporting Goods,AWR,The Family and Friends of Jacko,Strike King and El Grande Lures for the Donations at the last Tourney.You Guy’s Rock!
We won't be able to get in till 8:00 am.So,we will be meeting at the Top again.You can call Mona or I at (909)436-9923.
See you on the Water.
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

8 AM days half over by that time. I thought last time was 7 AM you guys are killing me Todd. Then what time is weight in.
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Your Killing me!Are you loosing your mind!You Won the last Tourney at the same time.Remember you guy's came in at 4:15 pm.We will be at the Top at 6:00 am.I will call you to remind you!
Aba Bill

Post by Aba Bill »

It was a 4pm weigh in if i remeber right and then we were pushing to get out the gates before they locked us in for the night so you might want to rethink your weigh in time sir!! Maybe a 330 weighin just my 2 cents
American Bass #1 Team Tournament Organization in the West! www.americanbass.com
Proud Sponsors: Ranger Boats, Mercury Marine, MotorGuide, Lucas Oil,Yamamoto,Gamakatsu, Anglers Marine, Lowrance, Daiwa, Deps
DL

Post by DL »

You guys sure go through alot to fish tourneys at Silverwood. Getting in the gate at 8 am and then having to scramble to get out before they lock you in? WTF?

I am asking an honest question here and not trying to be a dick...what is the attracton to Silver"wad" and why do you guys keep going up there?
"Feel the steel"
sgvangler

Post by sgvangler »

Kirk has his hands full right now. The lake is fishing better than most of you would think. I was able to get on a pretty good bite this past Sat in only 3.5 hours on the water. The ones I was catching were not that deep and all had good color to them. Water temp is still 50F. I'll be at Fred Hall so you guys have fun without me.

DL- You wouldn't understand :wink: The wood is something special. Those that fish it know what I'm talking about. Not everyone fishes tourneys for the "big bags", 30-40 boat fields, huge paybacks, or fame. Some like to join their buddies and family at a smaller scenic venue that requires one to deal with unpredictable conditions. I swear I think Silverwood is in it's own micro climate. :lol: The competition is lively and for those that put their time in, it shows. I've witnessed a few socal weigh-ins. None even come close to the laughs and good times I've seen and had at the wood. If you ever want in, just let Mr. Todd know, I'm sure he can make room. :)

As far as the hours go, I'm not to happy about it, but what are you gonna do, the state is broke. At least we have a state park still. I do think the superintendent can move some things around to open @ 7:00am. I wrote work schedules for 10 years and believe me, it doesn't take much to squeeze out an extra hour of business in the morning. The problem is nobody complains or says anything. We just keep buying passes. Oh Well.
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

I'll second that about the Wood love up there.
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

It's all about nature at the wood. This year we watched an eagle try to get a mud hen for about a half an hour, the mud hen won, seen a beaver slap water on acoyote then the coyote run off with the stick the beaver was chewing on, watch a bob cat walking along the bank. We saw all of this and more in just 3 tournaments this year. It takes a lot of pressure off fishing just to watch nature at its best.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
DL

Post by DL »

Obviously you guys go there for more than the fishing which is cool. I guess thats why we go fishing. I have been to the wood many times and it is for sure a beautiful place to wet a line.
"Feel the steel"
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Sounds like the makings of a good bassclub to me. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Rob Dickson

Post by Rob Dickson »

They can call the club, the anglers marine cronies club.
BIG L

Post by BIG L »

It could be part of the perris circuit next year if there is a perris or DVL circuit, this would make a good old cronies club, Rick you could be president.
Larry Reed Hatched 1944
bump

Post by bump »

Git-em Big L GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
When I grow up I want to be just like buckbass
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Rick for President