Help!!

tYLoU

Help!!

Post by tYLoU »

So a friend and I are still pretty new to Bass fishing. We have been Bass fishing for a lil over a year now and lately have not been able to find bass anywhere. We spent 9 hours on the Delta 2 fridays ago and got 1 dink. We plan to go out next friday. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to fish and how? I know its supposed to be cloudy with a chance of rain. I think our plan is going to be to run some cranks on some outside weedlines and tule's. I wish to learn more, but I guess that comes with time and experience. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Help!!

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I would reccomend jigs and Senkos..As to where, it sounds as though you fished in some good cover areas..The fish should be moving up to start spawning, so I would look for spawing grounds and fish all around them..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
tYLoU

Post by tYLoU »

Thanks Mac for the reply. I will keep this in mind.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

jigs and senkos at low tide cranks at high tide...
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

Dead end sloughs,Franks Tract, Mildred Island,and down around Discovery Bay. Black or Brown TNT Wadda Jigs blue trailer,Greenpumkin redflake 6" senko, and chatterbait Chartreuse/white fluke trailer or brown/greenpumkin swimming senko trailer.

Hope this helps, Terry
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
nipples

Post by nipples »

The delta can be fickle and hard to learn. If you want to exponentially increase your learning curve, hire Cooch, he is the best of the best in my opinion. A good guide would be the best bang for your buck and would get you doing a lot more catching.

http://www.coochsfishing.com/

Good luck.
Do it like no one is watching...
ASD

Post by ASD »

nipples wrote:The delta can be fickle and hard to learn. If you want to exponentially increase your learning curve, hire Cooch, he is the best of the best in my opinion. A good guide would be the best bang for your buck and would get you doing a lot more catching.

http://www.coochsfishing.com/

Good luck.
+1 $$$ very well spent :!: :!:
tYLoU

Post by tYLoU »

Well thanks a ton for the advice. I have thought about going out on a guided trip. I have watched a lot of Cooch's videos on here. I guess I'll just have to start saving for a trip out with a guide. Thanks again.
dwise

Post by dwise »

Join a local bass club. You can learn alot from the other members.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
scott h

Post by scott h »

Also two fridays ago the conditions were much different, the guys in the know were catchin em but just a little off the pattern or just a little outside of key areas could make for a tough day, I think you will find things opening up everyday from now on as the bass transition into the spawn.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
tYLoU

Post by tYLoU »

Joining a bass club would be pretty cool. I live in Sacramento. Does anyone know of any clubs here in Sac? Would they accept and amateur like me? haha.
DeltaBassBuster

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

Jigs, Plastics, slooowwww rolling spinnerbaits, and crawdad pattern cranks should be working well now. Remember the magic depth for the delta is 8 feet and plenty of cover around to make a good spawn area. Also remember you are fishing a tidal system. Hope this helps.
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

tYLoU wrote:Joining a bass club would be pretty cool. I live in Sacramento. Does anyone know of any clubs here in Sac? Would they accept and amateur like me? haha.

The Folsom Bass Team , Elk Grove Bass, Sacramento Bass Wranglers to name just a few Clubs in and around the Sacramento area.
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
dwise

Post by dwise »

Here's the perfect club for you. They fish the Delta once a month.
Delta Bass Club

http://www.deltabassclub.com/index.html
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club