Folsom Water Management!!!

Hipster

Folsom Water Management!!!

Post by Hipster »

I noticed on my commute home yesterday the American River was blown out again!!!!!!!! :evil:

Why are they dumping Folsom's water level again? :cry:

Is not the Steehead run over? and they have surely meet the qouta for water on that subject matter for the year. :?

We have a forcast for Sunny and 60 all week long not a raindrop in site. I wish someone could shed a little light on this subject, and I mean someone from the State, not just someone's opinion. No foul intentions meant with that statement!!
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Elmhurst bassman

Re: Folsom Water Management!!!

Post by Elmhurst bassman »

There was a malfunction on one of the gates at nimbus and instead of just opening a little bit it didn't stop until it was wide open. Saw this on KCRA this morning. Check out their website for the story. They talked to a fisherman that barely made it out of the path of the rising water. River level rose 5 feet within minutes.
Elmhurst bassman

Post by Elmhurst bassman »

my bad-couldn't find it on the kcra ar sacbee website. They had someone on the news explaining the problem this morning-kind of an awww shucks attitude. State workers - go figure!
ash
SpeedBump

Yeah rescue was sent in

Post by ash »

They opened up 4 gates wide open right after the siren went off. The outcome was one truck floated down river and they had to resuce 5 guys down river. Ouch

The lake was on the rise, however I bet now it is dropping like a stone. 6 gates have been wide open since Sunday.

HH
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

A Friend of mine works for the state and sent someone that works on managing the lake a letter of concern last week. Her response assured him that with the current snow pack and water level that we should have a full lake come spring, unless "something weird happens", was her quote.
I wish I would have saved everything, I would have shared the e-mails and we could have some names instead of he said, she said stuff.
I was out last weekend and according to the charts and from what I saw the water is up 10' from 1/22, the last time I was out. I ran into someone that said they dropped the lake level over night Saturday by 6', but I couldn't tell that that happened.
I had to come back...I know...
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

While on the water Sunday, you could see and feel a current in the lake!!! It was a weird feeling, kinda like a tidal movement and now I know what it was they were pulling water.

If you go to the Folsom Marina page you can see that the plug was pulled on the water level url.

Our never ending Saga of Folsom Lake and the Great Granite Bay Launch ramp (the most used ramp in the state of Calif.)

http://cdec2.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryFx?FOL
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
TheFLY

Post by TheFLY »

Yep ... saw the same report on the accidental dam opening on Saturday.

I think I actually heard the siren go off on Sat. too ... my partner looked at me like ... "what the Hell was that for?"

At the time, we had not clue ... but the I saw the news report. Go figgure.

I guess the only hope we have now is that the warm weather will speed snowmelt and get us some water in there.
Scott Shambre

If you were on Folsom at the time...

Post by Scott Shambre »

you actually heard the noon siren at Folsom State Prison that goes off everyday at noon. I work at the prison and it has everyday for the past 11 yrs for a 13 second burst to comemorate the 13 steps from the old death row cells to the hanging gallows. Just a little piece of history for you.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
Is there a Lost Land of retards????