Dobyns rod ?

eric n

Dobyns rod ?

Post by eric n »

Are the dx 762/792 any softer then the 742 or is it only length?Really looking for a bit softer rod in the longer lengths for 4 and 5lb test as to not pull the hook on skinhooked fish.Thanks
How 'bout the twins.Either of you have one?I forgot to ask on sat.
Gary Dobyns

Re: Dobyns rod ?

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Hi Eric.

The DX762 SF is slighly more "mod" in action than DX 742SF, but still fast. It was made more for the guys in the Mid-West where they want more "bend and load" for jumping smallies. It's a good rod and sells great. The DX 792 SF is SPECIAL. It has a soft tip and is fast but not nearly as powerful in mid section as DX 742 SF. A much better rod for lighter line than 742. I love the 742 and it's my other favorite spinning rod but the 792 is special. These are my two favorites in the line, but they are a lot different. We have sold a bunch of 792's with all positive feedback.

Special deal here. I can't usually do this but I have dealers wanting a 792's for a DEMOS. If you buy one and don't like it, I'll replace it with your choice.
eric n

Post by eric n »

Thanks Gary,ive been looking for a 1/16 oz darterhead rod for years,sounds like this may be it.I doubt you will get it back.My 742 stays at the top of the rod heap as well.Love the rods,slowly replacing all the Loomis'.Thanks again
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Eric I have not thrown a 1/16 oz on this rod. I think it will do it fine. It casts 1/8 hair jig a LONG WAYS!! Let me know. The deal is still good :D
fisheryan

Post by fisheryan »

i have one of the 742's and its one bad *** rod!!! i would highly reccomend it really like it for dartheads, wacky worms and nail weight worms. get one!
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

I fish the 742 for 1/8 darter heads. I ordered the 792 today primarily for flick shake in deeper water. Love the rods!

Bill Cook
Dobyns Rods
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

i'd go with the 792........ Like Gary said it's a very special rod......... I been throwing 4" tubes with a 1/8 jighead on 6lb Seaguar AbrazX..... The rod has a soft tip that loads up plenty but yet the back bone will give total controll. It also make a good ripbait rod.... staysee 90's, megabass vision 110's.......... all work well and you get the extra distance....... and before anyone thinks i am crazy for throwing ripbaits on spinning rods........I love it so i don't care......lol...

Steven
sker13

Post by sker13 »

aNNieNsaLTIE wrote:i'd go with the 792........ Like Gary said it's a very special rod......... I been throwing 4" tubes with a 1/8 jighead on 6lb Seaguar AbrazX..... The rod has a soft tip that loads up plenty but yet the back bone will give total controll. It also make a good ripbait rod.... staysee 90's, megabass vision 110's.......... all work well and you get the extra distance....... and before anyone thinks i am crazy for throwing ripbaits on spinning rods........I love it so i don't care......lol...

Steven

Interesting...I love rippin those baits with the 742 champ ex. spin. I think the action is perfect and you can get awesome casting distance. I have had some fish over 5 on this rod. It has really deceptive power when it loads up. It wears out the fish quickly without pulling the hooks out. It's my favorite spinning rod by far. I pair it with a Daiwa Sol 2500 reel spooled with 20lb. power pro and a 6 or 8lb p-line fluorocarbon leader. Perfect balance. I am very impressed with this set up. So much so that I really want to try out a 792, but not for rippin.
There's One, Sterling
Hardcore Bass Apparel
hcbass.com