Ya just gotta love Bill Dance....

Cooch

Ya just gotta love Bill Dance....

Post by Cooch »

if you haven't seen this, or it's been a spell since you did, ya owe it to yerself to spend a few moments laughing at one of the greatest bass fishermen of our time!

http://www.wimp.com/fishingbloopers/
D.B.COOPER

Re: Ya just gotta love Bill Dance....

Post by D.B.COOPER »

OMG! Too funny. He's good. Reminds me of John Ritter(Three's Company). Physical comedy. DAG GUMMIT! D.B.COOPER 8)
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

Thanks for the laugh Cooch.... :)

Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

Some of it's so ridiculous it seems set up but the tree falling the water and the fishing rod flying off the seat was great. still have tears in my eyes!
szuloaga

Post by szuloaga »

I don't know how many times I've seen some of the bloopers but, they just never get old! I'm sitting here just laughing and laughing!!! :lol: Good topic!

Steve
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

thanks for attaching the link...made my long work day much better! I have a picture on my FB page with old Bill...he's one of the coolest guys I've ever met!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

elfish16 wrote:thanks for attaching the link...made my long work day much better! I have a picture on my FB page with old Bill...he's one of the coolest guys I've ever met!
I met him the last two times he was at the Bass A Thon, and you're right. He is a really nice guy, and not full of himself, but just down to earth.
The first time he signed a hat for my youngest, and we talked about our kids.
The next year, he remembered, and asked how she was doing.
He and Denny Brauer, along with Larry Nixon and Jimmy Houston, have to be some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

Mark,

thats where I met Bill also. My dad and I were newly part of the Hastings Rods pro-staff team. he came over and was giving us a hard time because we had these prostaff shirts on and looked like a pit crew. he came by and asked us how quickly we could change his tires.

Aside from that he was a class act and really was so nice to the kids around signing autographs and taking pictures

PS...hank parker is as nice as they come but beware, he will poke fun at ya..thats for sure!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

my favorite bill dance blooper has to be the one where he is using a tiller bow mount trolling motor, and it came loose while he had it in his hand and could not turn it off, beacuse the motor was bouncing and flying all over the place.. it was hilarious :lol:
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

I liked that one also. Hhaha
jazzwannabe

Post by jazzwannabe »

My favorite is still the one with the snake falling out of the tree.
Golden Empire Bass Club
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Both the Bow mount & Snake bits are in this clip. Over the years there have been many of these legendary clips of Bill's Bloopers, fer me it's like listening ta some of Bill Cosby's old stuff, it just never get's "old" and leaves me laughin!

I too have met Bill in person and spent a good deal of time talking to him at the Grand Opening of the Atlanta Bass Pro Shop, which was at the time in Deluth/Lawrenceville area in '94/95 time frame. I think I'm gonna have ta take him up on his offer, he actually gave me a Tenn. hat and a BDF t-shirt which he wrote, "Let's go Fishin' some day!" He might just come out right now fer this big blue gill bite that is about to take place in the next few days! HAR!
offduty

Post by offduty »

Dance seems like a great guy, surely he is an excellent ambassador for bass fishing. I have seen the bloopers before and liked watching them again. When he got that treble form that crank stuck in the nose I felt bad for him though. I would not want anyone to have to go through that.
Rich
summers

Post by summers »

Right off the get go when he gets knocked of the quad by the tree branch, that was just to much for me. Becasue you hear the tree smack him and the wind getting knocked out of him and the quad kept on rolling to the lake.

I watched it a few times.
Last edited by summers on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

summers wrote:right off the get go when he get knocked of the quad by the tree branch, that was just to much for me. becasuye you hear the tree smack him and the wind getting knowed out of him and the quad kept on rolling ot the lake.

I watched it a few times.
I went to the link and saw your boat rebuild. You did an amazing job!
That boat should last you a lifetime, or at least until you have grandkids.
Your son is cute as a button!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
summers

Post by summers »

Thanks Mark, This is my first season so far with the boat and could not be any more happy with the way it turned out.