Navionics for Android

madddogg

Navionics for Android

Post by madddogg »

Anyone using this app? What are your thoughts good, bad or indifferent? Is it worth the 15 bucks?
jamescaird

Re: Navionics for Android

Post by jamescaird »

I'm using it on iPhone, must be similar on Android. Battery life is very short if you're leaving it on, you will need a charger in the boat if you plan to use it as a primary GPS device. You would have like an hour tops on the Android without charging. It is a great tool though!!!
91sicks

Post by 91sicks »

It was only $5 for my Iphone a while back, was glad I bought it. When my gps went dead for some odd reason at the delta (1st time exploring), it saved my butt. However, that was probably the only time I've used it.
tYLoU

Post by tYLoU »

I have the motion x gps app for the iPhone. I ran it for a 9 hour day of fishing on the delta and when I got back to the truck I had 1/4 battery left. I have an iPhone 4. I don't think a 3GS battery will last that long. I just wanted to run it all day to see if it would kill my battery or not. Car charger for the win? Haha.
rickd

Post by rickd »

It's a good app and worth the money.

I have an older GPS system on my boat that doesn't do tides based on my location, this app does that and is the main reason why I use it.

Not so much for mapping but more for tides all around the Delta.
Don

Post by Don »

What is the app called . Looked at app store on iphone under navionics and there was like 25 of them and were like $20. Which one for delta ? I would like it for tide movement mostly.
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

I have the app and have not used it much although I plan on doing that in the near future.. I have one question..
What is the quickest/easiest way to set/add a new Waypoint..?

I am using an iPhone4 on Veizon..
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
madddogg

Post by madddogg »

Well I decided to get the Navionics app for the iPad. Bigger screen for my eyes. So far has an amazing amount of detail. I really like the satelite overlay.