san luis - basalt

frankc

san luis - basalt

Post by frankc »

well went out last nite around 7 p.m. and stayed one hour and threw top water and only had one follower and that was it....i was going to go out this morn but went to the turllock flea market instead.....
thukidad

Re: san luis - basalt

Post by thukidad »

lol... i used to go to turlock flea market back in the days when my parents took me.. used to be really big and exicting... nowadays its nothing like how it used to be..

side note: gonna have to try san luis maybe this weekend.. early morning of course
Luckyfisherman

Post by Luckyfisherman »

Been going out there last week. I think 3 times last week and caught limits each time. Last Sunday, went out at 4pm to basalt area and witness striper boil close to the dam at around 7-8pm. None of my buddies wanted to walk the distance with me. Totally regret not walking to the boil.
frankc

Post by frankc »

hey lucky, when you went out the other week did you fish top water or flukes ? i have not seen a boil in a long time....i guess i need to just keep on going....looks like you are haveing more luck in the evening than in the morn.....i will go this friday morn around 5 a.m.......i will keep you guys posted.....
Luckyfisherman

Post by Luckyfisherman »

I use to go in the mornnings, but lately I have been going in the evenning to night. Last week there was a striper boil close to the dam. Stripers were smashing from left to right. It was not small boil, but loud splashes everywhere next to the dam. I'm going back there today. We'll see what happens. I fished topwater and 4-5inch swimbaits. Use storm swimbaits in bluegill color.
frankc

Post by frankc »

hey lucky, thanks for the reply, i am going to try friday nite at the basalt,but can you fish on the dam ? i hear so many things about fishing the dam......are they really going to do something if you only fish the first part of the dam.....
Luckyfisherman

Post by Luckyfisherman »

On Weds. my dad and uncles were fishing across from the dam and some people who were fishing on the dam were forced to move out. The dam is off limit. Most of the people fish the dam at night. Rangers and security are rarely there on the weekends. If they do see you they will ask you to move out.
frankc

Post by frankc »

well went out last nite around 7 p.m. and it was windy as heck, i was there for about an hour and not even a bite, i tried top water and swim baits and a wax wing and nothing.......
JulietLove

Post by JulietLove »

hi,my two friend,i'm new ,Very interested in what you discuss......

Post by frankc »

finally, caught a keeper yeserday morn at the basalt, on top water....but only one....hey newbie....