Someone had a good day!

Jesse Austin

Someone had a good day!

Post by Jesse Austin »

I found this picture on Lake Piru's website. For some reason it bothers me to look at it. Maybe cause I fish tournaments and tell everyone i know about catch and release. This is just a little reminder on how much our local lakes in so cal get raped everyday.

ASD

Re: Someone had a good day!

Post by ASD »

Now I am a C & R guy also. BUT I see nothing bad in the pic as long as their were the right # of people fishing and all the fish are the right size. Just bacause we C & R dose not make it wrong to put food on the table.
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

very sad.. if you only knew what goes on down here, it would make you cry... ask any of the so. cal guys.... not too sure about piru's limit of bass ? i know upper lake at castaic is ONLY 2 FISH 18" LONG MIN. the lagoon is 5 fish, 12 " long... even with regs. these guys TAKE AND KEEP EVERYTHING THEY CAN... rules or no rules
Jesse Austin

Post by Jesse Austin »

looks like a 2 person 5 fish limit. There is nothing illegal or wrong with it. It was just a reminder for me at what im up against on our waters. Times that picture by the hundreds of shore anglers. That is a lot of harvesting going on. That was my only point.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Jesse Austin wrote:looks like a 2 person 5 fish limit. There is nothing illegal or wrong with it. It was just a reminder for me at what im up against on our waters. Times that picture by the hundreds of shore anglers. That is a lot of harvesting going on. That was my only point.
Jesse,
Can you post the link to their website?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Jesse Austin

Post by Jesse Austin »

Heres the link I have.

http://camplakepiru.com/
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

mark, click on the fishing link at the top of the page for the fishing pictures... not too sure about bass limits at piru ? NOWHERE on there site does it say anything the size limits or numbers on ANY fish ? so im guessing you need to call or ask at the pay gate ?? and even if it was an over limit of bass, the rangers at piru wont do anything anyway.... and there mussel inspection is a total joke... just sad to see what people will eat. piru has a VERY HIGH MERCURY LEVEL IN ALL THERE FISH.... eat well, get sick.. nice
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Piru doesn't have a slot limit on LMB. CA regs; 5 LMB, 12" minimum length, unless otherwise restricted. This is one reason we have boom & bust periods on our small SoCal lakes; lots of fishing pressure. Just hope these bass are going to be a meal for someone and don't end up in the dumpster.
Tom
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

If they are legal, paid for a license what's wrong with it? More food for the big ones. man. Don't let stuff like this bother you, you'll live longer..
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Oh, Crap.. hope Jeff Jue doesn't see this pic..... he'll go ballistic. 8)
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

Catch and release to the grease!
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!