NanoFil

Rod Wynn

NanoFil

Post by Rod Wynn »

Does anyone have any yet..?
Guess this stuff is supposed to be the next best thing when it comes to fishing lines..
Wanted to see if anyone has tried it yet..?

Benefits of NanoFil

Our longest casting line! Anglers will experience exceptional casting distance and accuracy allowing them to cover more water and Catch More Fish!

Zero stretch means superb sensitivity. Now you can feel everything from the lightest pickups to the jarring strikes.

With an incredibly high strength/diameter ratio, this is the thinnest Berkley line yet meaning you can go lighter than ever before.

Zero memory virtually eliminates line tangles, which means you spend less time untangling lines and more time fishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-FT7t7t ... dded#at=46
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
Long Nguyen

Re: NanoFil

Post by Long Nguyen »

From what I was told, it's made up of micor dyneema, the same stuff used to make Fireline.

But rather than weaving it, it's ran parrallel and fused. It's only available up to 12lb test but should be a great alternative for spinning tackle.
bryanw80

Post by bryanw80 »

Does it sink like Flouro or does it stay on top more like Mono?
midnightbite

Post by midnightbite »

Did a quick web search and found another forum with a pro staffer who's using it already. He said it floats.

-Dax
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

sounds like braid, I wonder how translucent it is.....Oh and a note to thier marketing department , that name bites.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
brian johnson

Post by brian johnson »

hey rod the nano realy is the next greatest thing to hit fishing. Ive been testing it now for about 3 months it should allready be out if not any day my favorite is the 4lb ive used almost all sizes thay make its all great. It casts better than any line ive ever spooled up with, it floats i caught a 22lb striper on the 4lb had me in the trees for about 10 mins than finaly got it out not 1 mark on the nano. Ive been fishing it with no leader nano straight to the hook they bite it no problem. it is realy a game changer ive been pulling them out of the trees at diamond with it everbody is affraid to cast in the thick stuff with 4lb the 4lb nano right in the middle of the nastiest **** out here and rip them right out you realy need to give it a try next time you see me at dvl rod hit me up i will give you a spool to try. brian
jazzwannabe

Post by jazzwannabe »

Looks interesting for sure. About how much will is cost? If it's like most Pure Fishing stuff, I assume it'll be pretty reasonably priced.
Golden Empire Bass Club
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Pretty interesting stuff - a braid is woven of multiple fibers this seems to be a single fiber - I will have to check it out for next year seems like it would be killer for topwater and jerkbaits \ cranks.
tbob

Post by tbob »

I was playing with some sent into the office and it is very different than mono or braid. The line characteristics are very unusual and really get your interest after you play with it a bit. This may indeed be a big deal.
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

brian johnson wrote:hey rod the nano realy is the next greatest thing to hit fishing. Ive been testing it now for about 3 months it should allready be out if not any day my favorite is the 4lb ive used almost all sizes thay make its all great. It casts better than any line ive ever spooled up with, it floats i caught a 22lb striper on the 4lb had me in the trees for about 10 mins than finaly got it out not 1 mark on the nano. Ive been fishing it with no leader nano straight to the hook they bite it no problem. it is realy a game changer ive been pulling them out of the trees at diamond with it everbody is affraid to cast in the thick stuff with 4lb the 4lb nano right in the middle of the nastiest **** out here and rip them right out you realy need to give it a try next time you see me at dvl rod hit me up i will give you a spool to try. brian
Cool!
I want to give it a try when I get back from this tour..
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

brian johnson wrote:hey rod the nano realy is the next greatest thing to hit fishing. Ive been testing it now for about 3 months it should allready be out if not any day my favorite is the 4lb ive used almost all sizes thay make its all great. It casts better than any line ive ever spooled up with, it floats i caught a 22lb striper on the 4lb had me in the trees for about 10 mins than finaly got it out not 1 mark on the nano. Ive been fishing it with no leader nano straight to the hook they bite it no problem. it is realy a game changer ive been pulling them out of the trees at diamond with it everbody is affraid to cast in the thick stuff with 4lb the 4lb nano right in the middle of the nastiest **** out here and rip them right out you realy need to give it a try next time you see me at dvl rod hit me up i will give you a spool to try. brian

:roll: :roll: :roll: Lemme guess, when you're not fishing, you're selling used cars? C'mon guy. Sucks for me I just spooled up my halibut rods with 80 lb power-pro, guess I'm gonna have to rip it off and throw some 4 lb nano on 'em all!! :roll: :roll:

Why can't guys just give you a straight shot anymore when it comes to representing a product? Ridiculous.

Andy
Bass Pro Shopper

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

About how much will is cost? If it's like most Pure Fishing stuff, I assume it'll be pretty reasonably priced.
TW is taking preorders. You can check the prices here. Seems as expensive as fluoro.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Berkley_ ... -BNFL.html
Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
It's more serious than that!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Bass Pro Shopper wrote:
About how much will is cost? If it's like most Pure Fishing stuff, I assume it'll be pretty reasonably priced.
TW is taking preorders. You can check the prices here. Seems as expensive as fluoro.
Braid is cheaper than fluoro because it lasts practically forever.
If it handles as well as is claimed, and it's translucent, it sounds like it's worth a try.
I'm preordering a 150yd spool of both 8 and 12.
I don't think I could even see the 6 or 4. :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
jazzwannabe

Post by jazzwannabe »

mark poulson wrote:
Bass Pro Shopper wrote:
Braid is cheaper than fluoro because it lasts practically forever.
If it handles as well as is claimed, and it's translucent, it sounds like it's worth a try.
I'm preordering a 150yd spool of both 8 and 12.
I don't think I could even see the 6 or 4. :lol:
Is it claimed to be translucent like flouro, or will it look like braid in the water? I might have missed that part.
Golden Empire Bass Club
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

All I know about it is what's on the video that Rod attached to his original message.
CLEAN AND DRY
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

I just hope its not regurgitated Berkely Fireline. The discription reminds me of when fireline first came out. I'll pass on the dental floss. But imma Tacklewhowa so I will buy a pack and give it shot......
jsoregon

Post by jsoregon »

This stuff is pretty cool Rod. I got some if you want to try it. I'm just getting back on the water b/c of work & stuff (was waiting for my new boat) but I did fish it recently & it's pretty cool. Its a small diameter fussed superline & the nano technology makes the dyneema super strong so 4lb test is only like 0.25lb diameter...but you can't break it w/ your hands on a straight pull.

It's super soft. It's not transparent from what I can tell. And it does float from what I can tell.

This stuff will be hard to get a hold of out West probably b/c of all the finesse applications.
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

Got a spool of the 4lb test from J. Wick at the last DVL WON BASS event, and tried it yesterday at DVL. I only used it to drop shot, using a 4.5lb floro top shot. Even though I caught over ten quality bass DS'ing with NanoFil, I still prefer braid or straight floro, at least for DS'ing. NanoFil might be great for fly lining finesse baits like a FlickShake, a nail rig, or small top water wake baits, but not so great for DS'ing. Because it floats (really floats), it causes way too much bow in the line when fishing deep bottom baits. When a bass would run/swim from side to side, you can feel and see the bow in the line deep under the water, and when a bass ran right at me, it was tuff to catch up to'em as well. This increased chances for a bass to shake or jump off. Also not the best choice in windy conditions, floated on top way too much and got blown away. NanoFil is going to be great for certain apps, just another "tool", but certainly not a "game changer". Great for "line watchers", because its' white in color and EZ to see. My suggestion, keep your braided lines spooled up. See ya on the water! T. Lain
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

Tony Lain wrote:Got a spool of the 4lb test from J. Wick at the last DVL WON BASS event, and tried it yesterday at DVL. I only used it to drop shot, using a 4.5lb floro top shot. Even though I caught over ten quality bass DS'ing with NanoFil, I still prefer braid or straight floro, at least for DS'ing. NanoFil might be great for fly lining finesse baits like a FlickShake, a nail rig, or small top water wake baits, but not so great for DS'ing. Because it floats (really floats), it causes way too much bow in the line when fishing deep bottom baits. When a bass would run/swim from side to side, you can feel and see the bow in the line deep under the water, and when a bass ran right at me, it was tuff to catch up to'em as well. This increased chances for a bass to shake or jump off. Also not the best choice in windy conditions, floated on top way too much and got blown away. NanoFil is going to be great for certain apps, just another "tool", but certainly not a "game changer". Great for "line watchers", because its' white in color and EZ to see. My suggestion, keep your braided lines spooled up. See ya on the water! T. Lain
Tony you hit the nail on the head with this review of NanoFil. The one thing I will say about this line is it CAST A FREAKING COUNTRY MILE! I wouldn't use it for any type of bottom fishing.
brian johnson

Post by brian johnson »

Tony Lain wrote:Got a spool of the 4lb test from J. Wick at the last DVL WON BASS event, and tried it yesterday at DVL. I only used it to drop shot, using a 4.5lb floro top shot. Even though I caught over ten quality bass DS'ing with NanoFil, I still prefer braid or straight floro, at least for DS'ing. NanoFil might be great for fly lining finesse baits like a FlickShake, a nail rig, or small top water wake baits, but not so great for DS'ing. Because it floats (really floats), it causes way too much bow in the line when fishing deep bottom baits. When a bass would run/swim from side to side, you can feel and see the bow in the line deep under the water, and when a bass ran right at me, it was tuff to catch up to'em as well. This increased chances for a bass to shake or jump off. Also not the best choice in windy conditions, floated on top way too much and got blown away. NanoFil is going to be great for certain apps, just another "tool", but certainly not a "game changer". Great for "line watchers", because its' white in color and EZ to see. My suggestion, keep your braided lines spooled up. See ya on the water! T. Lain
DEFNIETLY BEEN A "GAME CHANGER" FOR ME THIS YEAR AT DVL
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

dang really?
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

brian johnson wrote:DEFNIETLY BEEN A "GAME CHANGER" FOR ME THIS YEAR AT DVL
:shock:
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

1 issue with this line that may turn clear water anglers off; it is currently white color.
The fact that it floats shouldn't bother anyone who currently fishes with briad.
This line is extremely slippery, cast great, must use double style knots. This line can be dyed to soften the white color, if that is a problem.
The small diameter NanoFil has less water drag than briad of the same diameter, similar to FC, but smaller in diameter.
Tom
PS; Tackle Warehouse has it in stock.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I just put some 8lb nanofil on my drop shot baitcaster, with a 10' flourocarbon leader.
I'm hoping it will give me smoother casting, and last forever.
It seems really smooth, and casts great in my yard, but I couldn't get bit. Hahaha
I tied it on with an albright knot, and left a 1/4" tag end on the braid in case it ravels like regular braid.
I found that it cuts much more easily than regular braid with nail cutters. I hope this doesn't mean it will be fragile.
I'm also wondering if I will lose the "no line twist" advantage of woven braid with spinning gear, since this line has "parallel bonded fibers" instead of a braided weave.
It's too hot and crowded to fish this weekend, but I'll be testing it out next week, for sure.
CLEAN AND DRY
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Mike Keopke handed me a spinning rod with this stuff on it a couple of weeks ago down at The Hook. I can atest, it indeed will cast a 1/4oz plug a country mile, is smooth as silk, does not have that sound or feel of braid running thru yer guides, is very sensative, comes in 6-12 lb test spools and has zero stretch. Gonna load all four spinning rods with the 12 and let my non-bait casting crowd have at it.
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

I caught fish at dvl without a leader with a senko in dead calm conditions with sun a 100+ degree heat. IT works but when the wind picks up its hard as FFFFFFFFFFFF to work with.
SKTR 20i

Post by SKTR 20i »

****EXPENSIVE LESSON LEARNED****

Bought a 150 yd spool of 6lb NanoFil ($20+) peeled off my old 8lb flouro to the fill knot and loaded on the NanoFil. WOW, it took the WHOLE 150 yd spool to ALMOST fill the reel. Didn't think of how small diameter the line is before I took off my old line. II'll try not to do that again!!!

Hope it's all it's cracked up to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John.
Phil Risnes

Post by Phil Risnes »

I spooled 3 spinning reels with 10# Nanofil (50 yards each) on Saturday that I bought when I was at Berkley on Friday. I finally got to go fishing on Tuesday the 5th. I caught a small mouth on my first cast with a dropshot and didn't pick up another rod all day. I fished Spirit Lake in Iowa from 8:00 AM until the rain got me at 3:30 PM. I caught 18 lMB and SMB a couple of walleyes and 4 Northern Pike. I used up 2 pkgs of robo worms. It casts great and is smoother and quieter than fireline, Stren and powerpro. After a while I got used to the bright white color and it didn't seem to bother the fish. The wind was not a factor so I don't know how much that will effect the performance of it. So far so good
Phil Risnes
SKTR 20i

Post by SKTR 20i »

Well, I fished with the 6lb on the Delta yesterday and here's my opinion:
Rigged it as suggested. Double Palomar knot, spnning rod, kept the drag somewhat loose, moistened the line and only pulled the tag end to tighten it. Wacky rigged a Senko (w/o'ring and small weight in nose). The reports are correct, it casts a mile!!! Got it hung on a tule, tried to pull it off and the line broke. Retrieved the bait and hook from the tule and it appeared it broke at the knot. Carefully re-tied the knot and continued using the rig. Later I set the hook on a fish and the line broke. Obviously couldn't inspect the hook but the end of my line was broken cleanly (not frayed at all.

Needless to say I'm not impressed with the line. I also didn't notice any additional sensitivity in the line.

"Game Changer", yes, if you use this line during a tournament, YOU WON'T WIN!!!!!

John.
brian johnson

Post by brian johnson »

SKTR 20i wrote:Well, I fished with the 6lb on the Delta yesterday and here's my opinion:
Rigged it as suggested. Double Palomar knot, spnning rod, kept the drag somewhat loose, moistened the line and only pulled the tag end to tighten it. Wacky rigged a Senko (w/o'ring and small weight in nose). The reports are correct, it casts a mile!!! Got it hung on a tule, tried to pull it off and the line broke. Retrieved the bait and hook from the tule and it appeared it broke at the knot. Carefully re-tied the knot and continued using the rig. Later I set the hook on a fish and the line broke. Obviously couldn't inspect the hook but the end of my line was broken cleanly (not frayed at all.

Needless to say I'm not impressed with the line. I also didn't notice any additional sensitivity in the line.

"Game Changer", yes, if you use this line during a tournament, YOU WON'T WIN!!!!!

John.
won more than 10 derbys with it this year alone
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

brian i'm sure you would have won without it yea?
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

SKTR 20i wrote:Well, I fished with the 6lb on the Delta yesterday and here's my opinion:

"Game Changer", yes, if you use this line during a tournament, YOU WON'T
WIN!!!!!

John.
6 lb line on the delta says it all!
Tom
SKTR 20i

Post by SKTR 20i »

I don't know Tom. Brian Johnson in a post above says he caught a 22 lb striper on 4 lb and it had him in the trees for quite some time!! After reading that I thought 6 lb would be ok. I'm going to try it at Lake Sonoma Monday. Maybe I'll have better luck.

John.
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

SKTR 20i wrote:I don't know Tom. Brian Johnson in a post above says he caught a 22 lb striper on 4 lb and it had him in the trees for quite some time!! After reading that I thought 6 lb would be ok. I'm going to try it at Lake Sonoma Monday. Maybe I'll have better luck.

John.
That's because Brian Johnson is the MAAANN!!! Didn't you know: Brian Johnson > God > Kevin VanDam!? :shock: